collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Invisible Heather (maybe others?) With CQM 4 1  (Read 2359 times)

Offline JRaugustus

• Fledgling
Invisible Heather (maybe others?) With CQM 4 1
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:29:44 am »
Arggg!!! Sorry to be a nuisance,
Ok, i did a clean install of VTMB, installed official 1.2. I installed  a  number of skin mods (goth jeanette, goth yukie, pinstripe Lacroix, stripper dark VV, powergirl skin, reskin Heather). Installed CQM 4.1. Everything seemed to be ok, lacroix and jeanette look great .
When I went to the SM hospital, no heather, just her voice. I do not know about VV or Yukie.
Never had skin issues with VBTM, CE, or earlier CQM before 4.1. Is this a load order issue or a load location issue or a bug with 4.1?
Help is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:11:04 am by JRaugustus »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Invisible Heather (maybe others?) With CQM 4 1
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 09:18:27 am »
As far as I know you can embrace Heather in the Clan Quest Mod, so burgermeister might have changed the skin or model to do that.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 12:54:21 pm »
Try to install your reskins into the Clan Quest mod folder (it should be called CQM)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline JRaugustus

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 04:37:54 am »
Good suggestion Barabbah, unfortunately it did not work. I did another uninstall, clean install, installed 1.2, pinstrip lacroix, dark VV, gothjeanette and powergirl. Installed CQM after basic skins
 Things SEEM to be working. From the embrace/punishment sequence, lacroix, powergirl skin and VV look good. Went to Asylum and jeanette is good. Went to SM hospital and default Heather is back.
Will try to install heather reskin and yukie mods tomorrow and see if installing AFTER CQM  makes a difference. Otherwise may just have to play the default versions. Shame...

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 04:14:56 pm »
Sometimes, programmers like to include binary data in compiled game maps. I have no clue if Bloodlines npcs are the same, but i would feel zero surprise if certain animations and meshes were baked into the maps.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 04:47:26 pm »
Good suggestion Barabbah, unfortunately it did not work. I did another uninstall, clean install, installed 1.2, pinstrip lacroix, dark VV, gothjeanette and powergirl. Installed CQM after basic skins
 Things SEEM to be working. From the embrace/punishment sequence, lacroix, powergirl skin and VV look good. Went to Asylum and jeanette is good. Went to SM hospital and default Heather is back.
Will try to install heather reskin and yukie mods tomorrow and see if installing AFTER CQM  makes a difference. Otherwise may just have to play the default versions. Shame...
If you installed the new models/skins before installing cqm, that means the files you installed are located in the /vampire subfolders. So if you get a different model or skin in cqm, that means burgermeister uses a custom model in his mod.
If the exact file names (including path) of your models/skins exist in subdirectories of /cqm you can probably replace them without trouble.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:45:48 pm by Wesp5 »
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline JRaugustus

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 03:56:49 pm »
Thank you Malkav,
That makes perfect sense. I installed the Heather skins after the CQM install into the CQM folder and was successful.
I will try to install Yukie when i reach HW so i can create a backup. Dont want to mess up the program and have to grind through everything again.
I got the club music changed with a little creative renaming of the files.
Thanks all for the help.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:34:07 pm by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal