collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How to prevent "ED_alloc no free edicts" error on my next playthrough?  (Read 366 times)

Offline Jacusbozy

• Fledgling
Hello, I was playing with Clan Quest Mod 4.1 and managed to get to Hollywood, but when I went back to Santa Monica to buy some ammo for SPAS 15 "ED_alloc no free edicts" error popped up when I was leaving Mercurio's apartment.

I' ve tried all solutions : ai_clear_bad_links, remove_entities_by_class auspex_aura, I also put -num_edicts 4096 after vampire.exe -game CQM ( am I doing it correctly? I can' t delete -game CQM cuz then I can't open Clan Quest Mod) but nothing helped, report_entities still shows over 2000 entities.

I was frustated and stop playing for a week and unfortunately during that time I had to format my hard drive and lost all my saves. However, I love this game and want to start new game, this time with Tremere ( previously I was Toreador with Auspex level 3 and Uncanny Awareness history), but I m afraid that ED_alloc no free edicts error will come back, especially because I also want to invest experience points into Auspex ( yeah, I really like this Discipline).

Is there any way to prevent that from happening?

I installed game from original CDs UK release, maybe I should buy VtMB from Steam? Is Steam version resistant to that error?

Any ideas?

Offline Jacusbozy

• Fledgling
Re: How to prevent "ED_alloc no free edicts" error on my next playthrough?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 05:40:41 pm »
The only solution I can think of is to remove entities other than auspex_aura to keep total number below 2000, but which one is safe to remove? Is remove_entities_by_class player_manager good idea? Its over 250 entities so it should be enough to prevent ED_alloc error, but I don t know what other problems this can bring.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal