collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Female lip float mechanics  (Read 941 times)

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
Female lip float mechanics
« on: February 13, 2017, 10:07:38 AM »
I am struggling to understand this and get it work.

There is a working mechanism for havenbum for example:
line51_col_f.lip
line51_col_f.mp3
line51_col_f.vcd

and it plays for female character just fine... true it is Auto-End line but the female float is in place.

Now I can confirm that you can create unique female lines in dlg if you just make a copy of male mp3 and vcd file and just rename it to *_col_f.*
Then it plays for female character.

However I am unable to create working unique female floats. The one I am struggling with is regent's line1001_col* played as ending scene. I have provided
line1001_col_f.lip
line1001_col_f.mp3
line1001_col_f.vcd
and dlg line 1001 has that female line
I have even replaced line 1002 to be Auto-End.
but still it will always play male lip. What are the exact requirements to force female lip to play? Is it even possible without Auto-End line?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Female lip float mechanics
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
This is something different that will be triggered by a cutscene. You need to check sound\cinematic\la\chambers\camarilla_bip1/2.vcd for it...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:41:21 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:15:12 PM »
Now I can confirm that you can create unique female lines in dlg if you just make a copy of male mp3 and vcd file and just rename it to *_col_f.*
Then it plays for female character.
The one *_col_f.vcd file with link to *_col_e.mp3 (or any other required to be played) inside will be quite enough, and you don't need to replicate .lips and audio with same names, because DLG mechanism works to refer certain dialog line to .vcd file first (and audio-links inside it), and ONLY if it's missing, it seeks for .wav or .mp3s. Lip files in fact are just "postfixes" to existing sound files to use extra data (in HL2 were merged with .wavs at all), and they will never be played if the same-named audio not found (no matter, is vcd file here or not).

p.s. If you working on lips yourself, please check the new SDK update, where new tools for localization and making lipsync data included. Now it's easier than whenever :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:20:18 PM by Psycho-A »

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:37 AM »
Thanks for inputs. Looks like we'll have to come up with unisex line for this one.

Time for an update it seems, and 9.7 as well.

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 10:09:24 AM »
So I understand that regent line is maintained by some other non-standard means. But what about other lip lines in game?

For example Courier in Hollywood line 81. I have repeated the same procedure but still cannot get female line to display in floats. Is it even possible?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 12:55:40 PM »
For example Courier in Hollywood line 81. I have repeated the same procedure but still cannot get female line to display in floats. Is it even possible?

I don't know, the English version has no seperate female line there, why do you need one? Also you can always replace the auto-end with a short answer. I've done that a lot in the patch to get the facial animations if people have long end lines...

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 01:00:16 PM »
Czech grammar uses different form of the verb in past tense for either sex.

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:50:32 PM »
I am just trying to understand  how is it possible that this works for havenbum however refuses to work for e.g. courier when similar assets are provided.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 09:00:45 AM »
I have no idea, but as I wrote you can try to move the last line into the dialogue, maybe that helps. I have already altered the courier to work with this, so once you update to the latest map you can us the trick!

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 07:03:24 AM »
I've done it this way as you've suggested Wesp
Code: [Select]
{ 82 }{ ... }{ ... }{ 0 }{ G.GingerSwanKnowledge == 0 }{ G.Ginger_Swan = 1; pc.SetQuest("Courier",3) }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 83 }{ ... }{ ... }{ 0 }{ G.GingerSwanKnowledge == 1 }{ G.Ginger_Swan = 1; pc.SetQuest("Courier",4) }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }

It works though there is some odd delay after the end of conversation before he runs off. Probably it is scripted this way and so this delay should be removed from the script. Is it on map file?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 08:10:39 AM »
It works though there is some odd delay after the end of conversation before he runs off. Probably it is scripted this way and so this delay should be removed from the script. Is it on map file?

Yes, and that's exactly what I already fixed for you! It will be in the final archive or I can send the modified map to you earlier if you want...

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 10:05:42 AM »
What is ETA for GOG update? Our translation does not come with map files and this little detail is not worth the extra size but great that you have fixed it.

I am altering maps in the audio expansion I am working on along side but I am going to update all maps once on GOG. Don't you happen to know...? On some maps where I have created ambient_soundscheme via EntSpy tool I get very unpredictable and random crashes on initial map load, I don't recall the error message now... which are consistent within the same system logon session... then after restarting or maybe something else happens I don't understand what fixes this but eventually the crashing goes away and the same map file is loading fine. This happened for me on three maps where there was no soundscheme previously and I have created one.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 04:54:48 PM »
What is ETA for GOG update? Our translation does not come with map files and this little detail is not worth the extra size but great that you have fixed it.

GOG usually updated once the final version of a patch is out and normally the translators include all files of the main patch and not only the translated ones!

On some maps where I have created ambient_soundscheme via EntSpy tool I get very unpredictable and random crashes on initial map load, I don't recall the error message now...

I'm not aware of these crashes. What are you doing exactly? Are some soundschemes missing?

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »
For example on maps sm_vamparena.bsp ch_tsengs_1.bsp and sp_theatre.bsp there is no soundscheme at all. I have created new entity ambient_soundscheme with all the requirements to make custom soundscheme work.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
I'm not sure EntSpy is the right tool for this. Never used it. I'd use vpktools for a few maps or VTMBEdit if you have changes on many.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

* Game Files