Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines > Bloodlines Tech Support

EVERYTHING to fix this game from Windows to Linux

<< < (2/7) > >>

893kira:
lol i have the same problem!
Windows 7 is truly a killer of old games, its like windows taking over your computer.
Damn why the hell i have upgraded with this stupid OS.
Its much more problematic child than XP

I guess try updating your vmb to the newest unofficial updates, Wesp really done a good job but in my case when i start the game it always goes black screen and hearing some sounds so i just alt-tab it and it works but with a lot of crashes due the mod i just recently install.

PGM1961:
I have Windows 7, and I never have any problems with the mods.  Maybe because I actually read the installation notes, and install them correctly (no installing one mod or patch over another, etc.).

Malkav:
@893kira, if you hear the sounds, but don't see the intro logos, just klick the mouse a few times, or press SPACE or ENTER. The main menue should work fine. At least this is what I have heard about this specific problem.

misato:
if this is just a video playing problem, best solution would be to find and install the "no intro" fix :D (i don't know if simply deleting the files in "vampire the masquerade - bloodlines\Vampire\media" would work ... don't think so.)

Claudia Vonigner:

--- Quote from: Malkav on December 29, 2011, 11:17:23 am ---@893kira, if you hear the sounds, but don't see the intro logos, just klick the mouse a few times, or press SPACE or ENTER. The main menue should work fine. At least this is what I have heard about this specific problem.

--- End quote ---

I have had the same problem too, I went with pressing ESC until the menu showed up. But I also found that playing in window mod (by adding -window after the -console in the shortcut) gets rid of the problem as well. Then by changing the resolution of the game you can have it a bit bigger on your screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version