collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Errors in console, seems like vamputil is not loaded  (Read 550 times)

Offline simion314

• Fledgling
Errors in console, seems like vamputil is not loaded
« on: January 06, 2018, 09:36:39 PM »
Update:
I solved the issue by finding a linux loader script in the patch extras and editing it to fit my wine prefix
but I do not understand why this works, what extra things this script passes (it was weird that patched map scripts loaded but not this files)

Hi, so I am running the game in Linux under Wine, it is a clean prefix so there are not other games or software installed.
I have the GOG version of the game, I removed the existing unofficial patch folder and installed latest patch and the plus  option.
I start the game with the =game Unofficial_Patch argument and the patch is loaded since I see the Histories dropdown in character creator

I almost finished a playtrhough but I had some bugs, reading around I figureout that the vamputil functions are not loaded, I see that the level scripts check and attempt to load it but when I check some functions from this module nothing is present.

I started a new game, skipping the tutorial and here is my console output

Code: [Select]

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/italian/itwndwb.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/italian/itwndwb.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/street/light_fixtures/Cage_Light.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/misc/cage_light/cage_wall.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/misc/cage_light/cage_wall.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/asphole/bilboardasky.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/asphole/bilboardasky.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/ToolChest/ToolChest.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/ToolChest/ToolChest.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/shelverusty.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/CrateChair/CrateChair.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/conduitb/conduitb.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/conduitb/conduitb.mdl)
Loading game from SAVE\sp_tutorial_1.HL1...
ERROR: couldn't open.
Loading game from SAVE\sp_theatre.HL1...
Loading game from SAVE\sm_pawnshop_1.HL1...
loading tutorial level script
levelscript loaded
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'sp_tutorial_1_patch' is not defined
Exhausted signon buffer. Skipping remaining baselines (ents 257 - 918).
Can't find factory for entity: vdisciplineprojectile
NULL Ent in UTIL_PrecacheOther: vdisciplineprojectile
model scenery/misc/wooden_spool/wooden_spool.mdl used as a static prop, but not compiled as a static prop
AttributeError: '__main__' module has no attribute 'unhidePlus'

I may be wrong since I do not know how the patch is loaded so a link with details on how this works could help me, I am a developer so I can understand python even I never wrote python code

I am wondering how this files and from where are loaded, a thing with Linux is that file names are case sensitive, this caused me issues with other games.

Edir, I reinstalled the game GOG version, I did not installed latest patch yet to see if I get similar issues in console and I get this

Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_005.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_005.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_006.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_006.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_007.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_007.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_008.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_008.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_009.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_009.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_010.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_010.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
Unable to open Trait Effect List data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects002.txt
Unable to open Trait Effect List data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects002.txt
Unable to open history data file for: vdata\system\Histories001.txt
Unable to open History List data file for: vdata\system\Histories001.txt
Unable to open history data file for: vdata\system\Histories002.txt
Unable to open History List data file for: vdata\system\Histories002.txt
SSE code is enabled
SSE2 code is enabled
3DNow code is disabled
MMX code is enabled
Exe version 0.27.0 (protocol 1)
Build: Dec  2 2004 16:11:45 (466)
Unable to open Trait Effect List data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
Unable to open Trait Effect List data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects002.txt
Encountered a non-standard vertex format (183 3 1)
Encountered a non-standard vertex format (183 3 1)
Encountered a non-standard vertex format (105 0 2)
ImportError: No module named demo
SystemError: error return without exception set
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/street/pierlight/pierlightskybox_hol.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/street/pierlight/pierlightskybox_hol.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/chinese/curtain4.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/chinese/curtain4.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/theater/stage_box_1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/theater/stage_light.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/theater/stage_stuff_1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/theater/stage_box_1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/theater/stage_stuff_1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/theater/stage_light.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/theat_chair/theat_chair_down.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/asstatue/asstatue.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/asstatue/asstatue.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/signs/asylum/asylumsky.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conflightb/conflightb.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conflightb/conflightb.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/ceilinglight/ceilinglight.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/lightc/lightc.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lighta/lighta.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conduitb/conduitb.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conduita/conduita.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conduita/conduita.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conduitb/conduitb.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/diner/roof.mdl)
Loading game from SAVE\sp_theatre.HL1...
Can't init prop_dynamic-wesp
Loading game from SAVE\la_hub_1.HL1...
Loading game from SAVE\sm_asylum_1.HL1...
Loading game from SAVE\taxi.HL1...
Loading game from SAVE\sp_genesisdevice_1.HL1...
loading theatre level script
levelscript loaded
NameError: name 'sp_theatre_patch' is not defined
Exhausted signon buffer. Skipping remaining baselines (ents 192 - 506).
AttributeError: '__main__' module has no attribute 'unhidePlus'
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:19:10 AM by simion314 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Errors in console, seems like vamputil is not loaded
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
Hm, not sure what happened, but the game certainly didn't load vamputil from the patch. First thing I'd try is deleting vamputil.pyc in /unofficial_patch/python and force the game to recompile the script.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline simion314

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:23:51 AM »
Hm, not sure what happened, but the game certainly didn't load vamputil from the patch. First thing I'd try is deleting vamputil.pyc in /unofficial_patch/python and force the game to recompile the script.
Thank you for the response, I just solved it by modifing the linux loader script and using that, but I do not know why this worked.
Now I do not get those errors and the vamputil.py gets compiled into a pyc. It was weird because the maps scripts from the patch loaded fine but not this util scripts.

Btw are this warrnings normal ?

CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lighta/lighta.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/showercurtain/showercurtain.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/showerhead/showerhead.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/wire/wire.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/wire/wire.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lightb/lightb.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/sinka/sinka.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/ovena/ovena.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/handraila/handraila.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/sinka/sinka.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/ovena/ovena.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/showerhead/showerhead.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/toileta/toileta.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/heater/heater.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/toileta/toileta.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/heater/heater.mdl)
Loading game from SAVE\sm_pawnshop_1.HL1...
Can't init func_physbox-wesp
Can't init func_physbox-wesp
Loading game from SAVE\sm_hub_2.HL1...
Loading game from SAVE\sp_genesisdevice_1.HL1...
Loading game from SAVE\sp_observatory_1.HL1...
Loading game from SAVE\sm_hub_1.HL1...
Loading game from SAVE\sp_taxiride.HL1...
running out of space: block size 8
loading santa monica level script
levelscript loaded
map patcher loaded
Exhausted signon buffer. Skipping remaining baselines (ents 166 - 279).
NPC npc_VNewscaster stuck in wall--level design error
no anims, moving

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 02:28:35 PM »
Yep, the console warnings you mention are quite normal.

Maybe you could post the changes you made to the loading script. Seems you are not the only one experiencing this problem.

Offline simion314

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 03:20:10 PM »
Yep, the console warnings you mention are quite normal.

Maybe you could post the changes you made to the loading script. Seems you are not the only one experiencing this problem.
I use playonlinux to manage the wine games, I used it correctly with the correct arguments to start the  patch mod,
so what I changed in the script was the wineprefix and winearch(I used a 64 bit arch by mistake). I will edit my post if I figure out what was the problem, it is an issue because you think the game works  when in fact utils scripts from the patch fail.
Befor I used this arguments "-console -windowed -game Unofficial_Patch" I checked and the script uses only " -game Unofficial_Patch" but the game is stil windowed and the console works so many weird issues, if I figure out I will update the post. Thanks you for the replies.

P.S. While debugging this I see there is code in the map scripts that check if vamputil is loaded and if not loads it, I think if we could check if the loads fails and somwhow prompt the user that something is bugged, it would help in debugging quest issues.

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 04:11:30 AM »
As i mentioned in the other topic, the unofficial patch since a version i don't remember (when the mod support was added) needs to replace a dll loading order on wine (for some reason it's different than windows).

export WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dbghelp=n,b" #mod loader dll hook

It's actually really bad this error is so insidious that it permits the game to continue broken and/or with the original files, so i agree early failing with a warning would be best. I myself notice right away that the car outside of the st. monica haven doesn't exist, so i know if something is wrong, but that's because i know about the car.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:11:58 AM by SCO »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 08:36:36 AM »
I agree early failing with a warning would be best.

The only way I could think to this was to do a popup appear like in the tutorial, but how would I make that work from a Python script when the Python code is already broken?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 11:57:04 AM »
If only the python scripts are affected by this problem and not the map you can use a logic_pythoncheck on the tutorial map.
Have a variable G.Test_Linux set to 1 in setBase() and setPlus(), then call the pythoncheck on mapload and have it fire the warning popup if the variable is 0

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 01:57:02 PM »
Have a variable G.Test_Linux set to 1 in setBase() and setPlus(), then call the pythoncheck on mapload and have it fire the warning popup if the variable is 0

Hm, this could work. I'll try it if I have the time, anyone on Linux willing to test it?

Offline simion314

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 05:09:08 PM »

Hm, this could work. I'll try it if I have the time, anyone on Linux willing to test it?

I can test, let me know what code to add where and I can tell you if the warring appears or not in the both cases (with and without the override)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 06:53:30 PM »
I can test, let me know what code to add where and I can tell you if the warring appears or not in the both cases (with and without the override)

Okay, find all needed files attached! The sp_tutorial_1.bsp file goes into the maps folder, the vamputily.py file into the python folder and the tutorial_popup.txt file into the vdata/signs folder of the Unofficial_Patch directory. I will also make sure for the UP 10.0 that the script itself ends up in the main folder in case the Extras were not installed!

Offline simion314

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »

Okay, find all needed files attached! The sp_tutorial_1.bsp file goes into the maps folder, the vamputily.py file into the python folder and the tutorial_popup.txt file into the vdata/signs folder of the Unofficial_Patch directory. I will also make sure for the UP 10.0 that the script itself ends up in the main folder in case the Extras were not installed!

I tested and it worked, I first started a new game without using the loader script and I got the new message you added. http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1515615931.png
Then I started a new game with the loader script and I did not got the message.

Some suggestions, the loader script I found it in Patch_Extras/Player Mods/ not in main folder
. maybe we can add something like "IMPORTANT  WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dbghelp=n,b" is ESENTIAL" in the linux loader as a comment and in the readme,
for some reason I  did not see that,  I only noticed the prefix setup that I ignored.
Thank you for your response and for doing this for wine users.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 01:34:21 PM »
I tested and it worked, I first started a new game without using the loader script and I got the new message you added.

Great! I changed the popup order so that the linux one will popup first and I also added a "Warning!" line to it.

Some suggestions, the loader script I found it in Patch_Extras/Player Mods/ not in main folder.

Already changed, see my last posting.

Maybe we can add something like "IMPORTANT  WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dbghelp=n,b" is ESENTIAL" in the linux loader as a comment and in the readme, for some reason I  did not see that,  I only noticed the prefix setup that I ignored.

I didn't really understand this, but I added a line to the readme which I merged with the loader's one.

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 05:56:28 AM »
How are you planning to recognize this is needed Wesp? Your example just has a variable without the test code. Just the vamputil module being loaded? Seems like a plan.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:06:01 AM by SCO »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 08:46:20 AM »
Just the vamputil module being loaded?

Yes. The test variable is set in vamputil.py, if that isn't loaded the test fails and you get the popup!

* Game Files