collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Crash After Finishing Park Quest/Meeting Jack  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
Crash After Finishing Park Quest/Meeting Jack
« on: August 28, 2013, 01:22:31 am »
So I am playing through as a Tremere this go around, siding with the anarchs. I get off the tram, go out meet Jack. Loading screen comes up - starts to desolve to show Santa Monica haven, and then freezes. Sound doesn't even start to play I can see my blood pool slightly - like its ghosted over the loading screen. I've walked away from my pc for a few mins seeing if it helps (like it just needs more time), I tried opening the console. Nothing seems to help. I have to alt-tab out, find that the game is no longer responding and use task manager to close it.

I am running on Win 7 64bit ultra. I am using the latest patch - 8.7.

Earlier in the game I did have the "rookie cop" glitch and swapped DLL files. Could this be the issue?

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the patch. My save files stayed so I wouldn't say it was a clean reinstall.  And my last few attempts actually managed to generate a crash report if that would be helpful to anyone.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:51:06 am by Aadya »

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
Re: Crash After Finishing Park Quest/Meeting Jack
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 01:35:55 am »
After seeing another thread on another site I tried the trick of hitting C to get my character screen up - it lets me in but freazes right after. I did it again and was quick to open the console this time and was able to get this:

Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_005.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_006.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_006.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_007.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_007.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_008.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_008.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_009.txt
Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_009.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\LevelingTemplate_001.txt
Unable to open Leveling Template data file for: vdata\system\LevelingTemplate_001.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
Unable to open Trait Effect List data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\Reactions001.txt
Unable to open Reaction List data file for: vdata\system\Reactions001.txt
Unable to open history data file for: vdata\system\Histories001.txt
Unable to open History List data file for: vdata\system\Histories001.txt
Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_005.txt
Unable to open Leveling Template data file for: vdata\system\LevelingTemplate_001.txt
SSE code is enabled
SSE2 code is enabled
3DNow code is disabled
MMX code is enabled
Exe version 0.27.0 (protocol 1)
Build: Dec  2 2004 16:11:45 (466)
Loading game from SAVE\autosave.sav...
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/street/pierlight/pierlightskybox_hol.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/street/pierlight/pierlightskybox_hol.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lightc/lightc.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lightc/lightc.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/street/lamppost/lamppost.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/street/lamppost/lamppost.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/street/powerpole/powerpole.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/street/powerpole/powerpole.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lightb/lightb.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/wire/wire.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/wire/wire.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lightb/lightb.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/handraila/handraila.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/heater/heater.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conduita/conduita.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conduita/conduita.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lighta/lighta.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conduitb/conduitb.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/conduitb/conduitb.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lighta/lighta.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/showercurtain/showercurtain.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/showerhead/showerhead.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/sinka/sinka.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/ovena/ovena.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/structural/handraila/handraila.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/sinka/sinka.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/ovena/ovena.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/showerhead/showerhead.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/toileta/toileta.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/heater/heater.mdl)
CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/toileta/toileta.mdl)
Loading game from SAVE\sm_pawnshop_1.HL1...
Unable to open Trait Effect List data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
could not load key values from particles/D_ThaumatergyHit_Projectiles.txt
could not load spawned particle D_ThaumatergyHit_Projectiles
could not load key values from particles/D_partial_resist_dom_fx1.txt
could not load spawned particle D_partial_resist_dom_fx1
Loading config file [Vampire/cfg/mods.cfg]
:::: ZVTOOL LOADED [v0.4] ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
loading santa monica level script
levelscript loaded
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'sm_pawnshop_1_patch' is not defined
Exhausted signon buffer. Skipping remaining baselines (ents 214 - 355).
Encountered a non-standard vertex format (183 3 1)
Encountered a non-standard vertex format (183 3 1)
Encountered a non-standard vertex format (105 0 2)
Can't find factory for entity: vdisciplineprojectile
NULL Ent in UTIL_PrecacheOther: vdisciplineprojectile
Invalid camera shot index

Hopefully that helps?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:33:22 am »
The console errors are just the usual ones, maybe the save got corrupted. Have you tried from an earlier one?

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:45:33 am »
I only tried starting at the Griffth Parking Lot save, I haven't tried going back further yet.  The game has given me two of the "auto saves" for satia monica. I left it on as a fail safe for crashing in case I didn't save. I do have my own save versions though.

Now that you say that I did have a crash fighting/running from the wearwolf once. Maybe I need to go to the save or two before that.

I dig back through my save files and try tonight after class.

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 06:03:09 am »
Okay so I dug through my saves - I started just after the Hallowbrook event and I also tried a save that started before the So Society of Leopold event. Same deal got to just after Killing the werewolf/meeting jack in the parking lot - froze/crashed on loading in to the Santa Monica Haven both times.

I dug around in my files and found the few times it did do a crash report. I've attached two for you to review - maybe it'll provide the missing clues to whats going on.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 09:04:59 am »
I dug around in my files and found the few times it did do a crash report. I've attached two for you to review - maybe it'll provide the missing clues to whats going on.

Sorry, but nobody understands these except for Troika. Have you any other mods installed?

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 12:22:50 pm »
I was afraid you would say that.

No I just have the plus patch installed. I've not attempted to use any of the other mods yet.

Could it be an issue of installing from the CD's on to Win7 64bit?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 01:16:50 pm »
Could it be an issue of installing from the CD's on to Win7 64bit?

No, I use the CD retail version on Win7 64bit myself...

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 02:02:57 pm »
The only "issue" is about launching the game, so it needs to be run as admin, but other than that, no windows 7 issue Oo

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 05:26:08 pm »
The only "issue" is about launching the game, so it needs to be run as admin, but other than that, no windows 7 issue Oo

I've been doing that as well.  I make sure to right click even and select "Run as admin" it stores my save files in the actual directory this way too. But the crash still happens.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »
But the crash still happens.

Have you tried swapping the dll back again or using another one?

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 11:08:39 pm »
Tried that as well I thought the .dll.12 may have had something wrong with it - swappwed the the orginal I think and last night I was using I believe the steam dll. Still the same weird crash. Could it be caused by swaping the dll's after having already started a game? I didn't swap till I ran in to the cop error for the elizabeth dane quest.

I wonder if the save file is corrupt even farther back then the leapold event. I'll have to check my saves and do a marathon play through hitting only the main quests. I think I have one for just before heading to Hollywood.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 08:39:26 am »
Could it be caused by swaping the dll's after having already started a game?

Theoretically yes, but then most people swap only after they get the first bug so we should have heard much more often about this crash.

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 10:32:55 pm »

Theoretically yes, but then most people swap only after they get the first bug so we should have heard much more often about this crash.

Good point. I can only find one other post about this type of crash.  The poster claims they were able to "Cheat the system" (their words not mine) by doing a few things to I guess "jog" the loading proccess along is my guess. http://vtmb-clan-quest.forumotion.net/t145-freeze-crash-after-killing-werewolf-and-meeting-jack

Offline Aadya

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 03:11:49 am »
So over the last two days I did a runthrough on a Ventrue - cheat maxed her from the get go so I could focus only on the story progression quests. Everything is as it should be - it slowed in loading in to the Haven after the Park quest but it otherwise loaded fine.  I was able to progress past  the Blood Hunt event to get to the cab to pick sides.

I can only assume some action early in the game play created the issue I was expiercing in my other save.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal