collapse

Author Topic: Clan quest mod problem  (Read 426 times)

Offline Alexios

• Fledgling
Clan quest mod problem
« on: April 18, 2019, 01:09:57 AM »
Hello! I'm doing my first run with the clan quest mod, and I have a quest to infiltrate the Sabbat. I convinced Andrei to give me a shot and now I'm supposed to go to East L.A. and talk to someone, but the game crashes right after the loading screen when I try to go there. No messages show up, I tried loading an older safe, reset my laptop, pretty much everything I thought of, and it didn't help. I know I can do the quest the normal away - attack Andrei and kill him, but I really wanted to see the new hub :/. Any ideas on how to fix this, or what might be causing it? I've had no problems with the new features added in the mod before.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: Clan quest mod problem
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 08:13:28 AM »
Is a fresh install?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 10:21:52 AM »
Is your laptop good enough to run the game or just barely? Because the new hub is really big and probably not as optimized as the others...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:44:34 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Alexios

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 11:29:08 AM »
It's pretty good, most newer games I run on max graphics. And is it a fresh install, I didn't wanna risk fucking up something by installing CQM over the unofficial patch so I started clean.
I thought about reinstalling the game but idk if I won't loose my save if I do, and I'm really happy with how this run is going.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 11:18:41 PM »
Savegames are dependant to each map you have entered up to that point. You uninstall the game, reinstall the same version of the mod, the old saves will still work. So if by chance the error was made when installing that particular map file it wouldn't matter, not having data from any map that session game hadn't yet accessed. So I wouldn't worry to uninstall and reinstall (or, if you are uncertain, move the whole mod directory somewhere else as backup).
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline fylimar

• Ancillus
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 11:07:24 AM »
I have another possible gamebreaking bug with CQM, which is weird, since I played it through two times already. The first time, I did the Sabbat infiltration quest for Lacrois an sided with Victoria, the second time I joined the Sabbat and also sided with Victoria. This time, I sided with Hazel and did his quest, where you have to follow that politician. After I found out, where the politician was going, I wanted to go back to Hazel and report it, but everytime, I try to enter the church now, there is an endless loading screen. I ended and started the game a few times again, but every time the same result.
I had that bug with The Macks before, but it normally worked, when I closed the game and start it up again, but this time, I can't do anything, I try to enter the church and get the endless loading screen.
I searched the net, but no one seems to have stumbled across this problem before. Does someone have an idea, what to do?

Offline fylimar

• Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 11:56:59 AM »
I managed to get going by loading an older save and do the quest again. It seems, my save was broken, don't know why.