collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Changing movement characteristics  (Read 1435 times)

Offline [archive] GreatGreen

• Fledgling
Re: Changing movement characteristics
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:08:00 pm »
  • Best Answer
  •                 I noticed that when I strafe, the camera leans towards the direction I'm strafing, and that is an effect I'm really not fond of at all. Is there a way to completely turn off this effect?

Also, There seems to be a big lack of friction on the ground I walk on. The time from when I stop pressing the forward button to when I actually come to a complete stop is way too long.

Is there a way, maybe in the config file, to alter these values?                        

Offline [archive] Javokis

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 07:00:00 pm »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #1

Try running the game in windows98 mode by right-clicking the game's shortcut, choose properties then click Compatibility tab. Check mark the option to run the program in compability mode and choose windows 98.

The rest you'll need to go to the in-game menu options and mess with controls.                        

-----signature-----
               "There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Offline [archive] LordR4NG3R

• Fledgling
    « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 05:17:00 am »
  • Best Answer
  •                 I'm running the game in win98 mode....and I still get what hes talking about...the feeling of walking around on ice...and really crappy jumping physics....                        

Offline [archive] Wesp5

• Antediluvian
    Changing movement characteristics
    « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 06:09:00 am »
                    In Reply To #3

LordR4NG3R posted:

I'm running the game in win98 mode....and I still get what hes talking about...the feeling of walking around on ice...and really crappy jumping physics....

Never had the problem myself but read here that lowering the priority in the task manager would help.                        

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal