collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 143825 times)

Offline Dom

• Ancillus
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »
You're right, I was really missing something obvious. It was the fact that you have to be crouching *before* starting to climb the ladder that bit me. Thanks a lot for setting me straight!

No problem.
Enjoy your game. Firs time is special.  :thanku:

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2011, 01:36:18 PM »
Problem: When I leave Grifith Park the game locks up when entering my Haven in Santa Monica, this happened on the Malkavian Character that I saved Hearther with useing the 7.4 unofficial patch.

This did not happen on the Tremere playthrough, tat I played just before the Malkavian one. and the only difference was that heather is still alive on the Malkavian file

Offline Dom

• Ancillus
« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
Have you tried loading the pre-Griffith save?

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #378 on: May 14, 2011, 04:58:02 PM »
tried reloading the Auto save from when i was leaving The Last round to go to Griffith, still crashed upon returneing to the Haven, concidering trying to whack Heather and see if that works :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:01:29 PM by Lunaraia »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #379 on: May 14, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
This did not happen on the Tremere playthrough, tat I played just before the Malkavian one. and the only difference was that heather is still alive on the Malkavian file.

Are you still using the SM haven or have you got the Skyeline appartment one? I mean, is Heather supposed to appear in that haven or not?

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #380 on: May 14, 2011, 05:02:03 PM »
got the Skyline apartments, if that means she can't appear in Santa Monica no more beats me
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:04:40 PM by Lunaraia »

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »
GREAT  NEWS I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!

Apperantly the game does not like you going into the last part of the game with over 100k blood points from messing with the console, which is wierd since i could go through the entire game with that insane ammount without any problems :S

up until that point anyhow

actually I wrote blood 999999999999.... I think that might be the cause of it cuss when i emptied my blood pool then it worked dandy
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:16:41 PM by Lunaraia »

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »
on another note how in the world do i use the Hand Grenade? clicking the attack button only resulted in me getting clobbered to death :S

oh yeah, the Claw Brother of the Chang Brothers Boss Fight can be Possessed, while it does not turn him against his brother he will die once the effect wears off, even at full hp, little unsure if you have to daze him with another ability first (if an enemy resists a dicipline they get dazed for a second or 2, if it's flat out immune it will not however, consider yourself warned)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:23:36 PM by Lunaraia »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2011, 05:50:50 PM »
Apperantly the game does not like you going into the last part of the game with over 100k blood points from messing with the console, which is wierd since i could go through the entire game with that insane ammount without any problems :S

That's probably due to a script of mine that fills up your blood pool after you sleep at your haven. As for your other issues, I sometimes read about problems with the grenade but couldn't reproduce them. You should actually have gotten two from Nines, so the HUD must show 1/1 and 1.

As for the claw brother being susceptible to Possession, looking at the code this was indeed intended and planned for Berserk too, but Troika removed it from the latter because it didn't work: "//9-23-04 TJP we tried, but it's going to be too much programmer work to make this function properly so... he's now resistant." But obviously they overlooked that Possession doesn't work correctly either, with him only dropping dead at the end, so I will make him resistant to that in the Unofficial Patch 7.5 too!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:56:16 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #384 on: May 16, 2011, 08:10:44 PM »
naah leave the possession issue it as it is, useful to have him just drop dead after a while, that fight is hard enough as it is if you don't have to worry bout both of em

As for the grenande, I had a full inventory of Ranged weapons so it dropped giving me only 1/1 and 0 in reserve, that might be the cause
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:12:23 PM by Lunaraia »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #385 on: May 16, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
naah leave the possession issue it as it is, useful to have him just drop dead after a while

I don't know, that feels like cheating :)!

As for the grenande, I had a full inventory of Ranged weapons so it dropped giving me only 1/1 and 0 in reserve, that might be the cause

Very probably...

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #386 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »
How bout this then, Leave the fix out of the + Patch and remove it in the basic, just like you have done with other exploits

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2011, 09:23:44 AM »
How bout this then, Leave the fix out of the + Patch and remove it in the basic, just like you have done with other exploits

That would be easy to do, but still I think this is a real bugfix that belongs into the basic patch too. How do others think about this? After all we basically have a comment of a Troika programmer himself that they couldn't get it to work...

Offline Dom

• Ancillus
« Reply #388 on: May 17, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »
It's a bug.
Should be fixed in both basic & plus.

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »
I don't see how that is more of a bug then haveing infinite skill books able to be bought at the store after just selling one, and it has much less of an impact on the game overall