collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138191 times)

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2010, 02:08:05 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Probably can't but don't see why you would need to, this is an offline Single Player game. Those places your having problems are either outside or where several AI are present. This is the earliest version of the Source engine and is not getting updates, just turn everything on max and have fun.
    Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline jedi

• Fledgling
    « Reply #331 on: December 15, 2010, 06:46:54 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • disabling rain - particles_enable_precipitation 0
    and water animation - mat_drawwater 0
    in console give me 60 fps on the santa monica beach and ~50 fps on streets of santa monica

Offline Washer

• Fledgling
    « Reply #332 on: December 16, 2010, 04:29:01 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • You could try ALT-TABing out and back into the game and the command "camera_kill". If all of this doesn't work, try talking to him from another direction. He gets stuck because you are in his way out of the warehouse...
    tried it. didnt work because i get "Invalid camera shot index" as result. and as already mentioned, he does not move at all. no matter which angle i choose, even behind the concrete plate. the script forces me to move to the defined spot, while the bum does not move at all.

Quote from: jedi
    How can i increase fps in vtmb?
    now besides a few tweaks i never found anything that impacts frames on a notable level. the main problem seems to be the masses of "entities" the game uses, which drain a good 50% of performance. and 30 fps isnt even bad. i have to fight with 13 fps at some places like central Hollywood on my older system.
    maybe a AI workover for all the NPCs could increase performance, but that should be a lot of work.

Quote from: Acleacius
    Probably can't but don't see why you would need to, this is an offline Single Player game. Those places your having problems are either outside or where several AI are present. This is the earliest version of the Source engine and is not getting updates, just turn everything on max and have fun.
    a interesting attempt would be to port it to the new Source Engine, for sure. but that also looks like a lot of work and recoding.    :holy:

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #333 on: December 16, 2010, 04:52:54 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • It's already being done, just they have few people working on it, so it's slow going.
    Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline zylonbane

• Fledgling
    « Reply #334 on: December 19, 2010, 06:48:43 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • On my  previous system, the only places I experienced severe AI-related slowdown were in the Giovanni crypts, and in the crackhouse. This is pure guesswork on my part, but it seems that zombie AIs are constantly active and aware of you no matter where you are in a map, thus draining the hell out of the framerate.

I actually fixed this in the Giovanni crypt map by placing triggers so the zombies only spawn as you enter their part of the map. This could probably be done with the crackhouse map as well.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #335 on: December 19, 2010, 09:53:37 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Same here zylonbane, it's huge problem and the last major one, afaik and not only that it breaks the Nadia quest.

If we can't fix the floor textures we need to turn off the Spawners till the Door is unlocked or a ground marker at the bottom of the stairs.

This area hasn't ever worked/functioned correctly, I just hope we can do something about it. I think it goes unnoticed because most don't know how Nadia work's. Many are content to hack and slash their way through so none know to test this area.

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #336 on: December 22, 2010, 12:05:22 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Well I never had any problems with the game noticeably slowing down either in the crack house or the Giovanni crypt. But for Nadia, I remember one game when I was able to run through her after meeting the first zombies.
    I don't know if she is supposed to do anything after opening the doors to the embalming room and the crypt, so I wouldn't know if I missed something there. For your info, I only get her to show me the things using persuasion, not seduction.
    Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #337 on: December 22, 2010, 01:04:56 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • The most effective way to complete everything (doing this because I am testing and need to see amap) at the Giovanni mansion, is to take to her first follow her all the way down and stop just before zoning to the Embalming room. Then turn around and go back up do all the quests (I reactivated the Bruno quest) anyway you want, killing anyone who you want or not. Then just go down and zone, she technically zones ahead of you and has no idea you killed if you did.

I am just starting the game again, but there are two MAJOR problems here. First either the floor textures need to be fixed to prevent the AI from seeing through them (my guess is this would be difficult to do, though I really not sure). The reason is they can see through it and keep the PC in Attack mode preventing you from talking to Nadia before you ever go down stairs or open the door. This includes crouching even with level 10 and if you use Obfuscate then obvious you can't speak to her, they might even see through Obfuscate, can't recall atm.

The easier ways to fix it imo would be to shut down the spawners below until you either Open the Door or Walk over an activation point in the stairs or at the bottom.

Second big problem with her is she can easily get broken opening the door down stairs when you tell her you want to go farther down and I honestly don't know how this can be fixed atm.

This is what usually happens...........once you zone you climb up on the cabinet/shelve she is standing next to and crouch so the spawned zombies can't see you (maybe this is a clue how to fix the map, there are materials they can't see through). Once you can speak to her and tell her you want to go further DON'T jump down till she opens the door, if you jump down she will break, never opening the door or going down the stairs.

The way it should work (e.g. what Nadia should do/does) is go down the stairs cower in the corner till you kill all the zombies, even the non aggressive zombie (white aura). Once zoned she speaks to you in a rather excited (i.e. aroused...remember we are talking Nadia here! :drink: ) then tells/shows you the secret switch to disable the right-side pit and room trap. Then leads you safely across the pit, through the room with no zombie attacks. Once you exit the last door she finally gets too afraid (or maybe just climaxed without us....how dare her!) then the door locks behind you and she despawns.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
    • Antediluvian
    • Unofficial Patcher
    « Reply #338 on: December 22, 2010, 11:03:26 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • The most effective way to complete everything (doing this because I am testing and need to see amap) at the Giovanni mansion, is to take to her first follow her all the way down and stop just before zoning to the Embalming room. Then turn around and go back up do all the quests (I reactivated the Bruno quest) anyway you want, killing anyone who you want or not. Then just go down and zone, she technically zones ahead of you and has no idea you killed if you did.

Is this the way you always do it? Because this may be the reason why Nadia breaks, which she hardly ever does for me...

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #339 on: December 22, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Most of the time yes, the zombies are in another zone completely and are not effected afaik. There isn't any Combat active or Combat music playing as you exit the Mansion and enter the Embalming room. The zombies are always hostile, active and spawned whether you kill everyone or not.

Out of curiosity are you loading the map up to test or are you playing the level?

Nadia herself has no real issues, well except her obvious AI Pathing problems opening the door. Yet she acts correctly by not speaking while Combat is active and all her other parts function correctly it just seems the environment is conspiring to break her quest/story/adventure.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
    • Antediluvian
    • Unofficial Patcher
    « Reply #340 on: December 22, 2010, 06:49:21 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Out of curiosity are you loading the map up to test or are you playing the level?

After you wrote about your issues here I tested it several times myself. I start in the mansion, persuade Nadia to show me the secret and then follow her down to the embalming room. I can always talk to her there without zombie awareness. If you leave her to go up again and then after returning she won't talk, you may have triggered something else that awakened the zombies.

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #341 on: December 23, 2010, 01:28:06 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • I'm still trying to finish replaying several games and sure it didn't matter in the past. I'm still at the beginning and far from there but will play it by not leaving her as well.

Offline Washer

• Fledgling
    « Reply #342 on: January 02, 2011, 12:30:37 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • talking about testing: i uploaded my save with my bum problem
    http://hotfile.com/dl/93549443/b6fa635/quick.sav.html
    so you can check it out yourself. and i would be really surprised if it does work on another install.

Offline alegando94

• Fledgling
    « Reply #343 on: January 20, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • sorry someone can helpme with this problem? please i`m newbe so i really don`t know about this, thanks:

* * * Vampire Crash Data Log, Generated From Exe Built On: Oct  6 2004 * * *

vampire caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module ntdll.dll at 001b:7c920f1e.

Read from location 3f000000 caused an access violation.

Context:
    EDI:    0x00000003  ESI: 0x0185f4f8  EAX:   0x3eaaaaab
    EBX:    0x00a90000  ECX: 0x3f000000  EDX:   0x0185f500
    EIP:    0x7c920f1e  EBP: 0x0013e694  SegCs: 0x0000001b
    EFlags: 0x00090246  ESP: 0x0013e474  SegSs: 0x00000023

Bytes at CS:EIP:
    8b 39 3b 78 04 0f 85 c3 5b 02 00 3b fa 0f 85 bb

-----[ SysInfo ]-----
    Error occurred at 1/19/2011 19:53:44.
    1 processor(s), type 586.
    64% memory in use.
    1016 MBytes physical memory.