collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138319 times)

Offline [archive] ChildeofMalkav

• Neonate
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2010, 03:25:00 AM »
                I got an unusual bug.
 Long story short, drinking blood from anyone (even rats) doesn't refill my health bar.
 I have the UOP 6.9 and the clan quest mod. Just earlier on my malk it did, now i drank from a hooker and it doesn't. I also started a new game with a tremere, and during the tutorial same thing. Drank from that bum and a rat, NOTHING.                        

Offline [archive] Malkav_666814

• Neonate
« Reply #301 on: May 11, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
                Did you install ClanQuest with Camarilla Edition enabled? No health from feeding is a feature of CE.                        

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline [archive] ChildeofMalkav

• Neonate
Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #302 on: May 11, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
                Nope. Even though it came with the mod, I turned off the installation of CE mod when doing the Clan Quest Mod. Not being able to recover health from sucking on blood sounds like a major let down for being a vampire.                        

Offline Washer

• Fledgling
« Reply #303 on: July 06, 2010, 01:45:14 PM »
im experiencing a weird thing at the beginning of the game since i installed the german prepatched DVD version with the 7.0 patch (though i installed it in english).
right at the beginning i got 2 mails from Mitnick (listed as mail number 5 and 6) in which he first asks me to send him the library card, and secondly responds to my (never happened) sent library card with a reward. i get 1 XP and a done quest for never having had the card while still being at the beginning of the game right after the Jack-Training.

:beam:

i tried both patch versions (basic and plus) and it always happened. it is quiet annoying to uninstall and reinstall the game since the intallation process takes quiet a while. so i'm hoping for some ideas here.

Offline Washer

• Fledgling
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »
alright. since no one came up with a idea i had decided to have a closer look.
first i downloaded the 7.0 patch again and compared its MD5 with the one i loaded earlier. they are identical.
but i could not find a MD5 checksum anywhere on the site so i could only compare if at least both downloaded patches are the same.

and i have pinned down the cause of this problem and am wondering why no one else came up with it.

so i uninstalled the game again completly and reinstalled it in english. then i applied the patch 7.0. the problem where still present.
but closer inspection brought up a simple syntax error in "haven_pc.txt" edited by Wesp.
the two specific new entries "Searching" and "Received" both lack a quotation mark each at the "dependency" G.Story_State setting.
here a straight copy of both:

Email   // added by wesp
   {
      "subject"   "Searching"
      "sender"   "m1tn1ck@infocom.vtm"
      "body"      "Mitnick again. I can offer you a special occult item if you find me a LA library card. Just put it in the mailbox and I'll swap it with the reward."
      "dependency"   G.Story_State >= 150"   // basic
      "runscript"   "G.Gift_Email = 1; mitSetQuest()"
   }

Email   // added by wesp
   {
      "subject"   "Received"
      "sender"   "m1tn1ck@legend.vtm"
      "body"      "Got it. Find the reward in your mailbox."
      "dependency"   G.Story_State >= 150"   // basic
      "runscript"   "G.Mitnick_Gift = 2; mitSetQuestFinish()"
   }
after adding the quotation mark to both G.Story_State the problem looked fixed, even though i have not checked if its later appearance will work properly.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
There seems to be a packing error in the UP in addition to the missing quotation marks. Story State 150 means, it will never turn up. This is how it should be for the base patch, but not for the plus version.
If you want to play the plus patch, replace the dependency for the first email with this one: "dependency"   "G.Shubs_Act == 4 and G.Mitnick_Gift == 0"
and the second (received) with: "dependency"   "G.Mitnick_Gift == 1"
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2010, 09:17:46 AM »
There seems to be a packing error in the UP in addition to the missing quotation marks.

No, there is a separate haven_pc.txt file in the plus folder which works fine. It was only while disabling the new stuff there for the basic patch that the syntax error occured. Because most people here play the plus version this hasn't been noticed yet...

Offline DarthSithari

• Fledgling
« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2010, 06:59:12 AM »
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII- :rage: :rage: :rage:

The damn computer in Skyline Apartments borked on me again!

I've been thinking of a workaround to this problem. Wesp5, is there any way you can arrange so that even if you get the Skyline haven, the laptop stays in the Santa Monica haven? It's not the ideal solution, but at least then it would still be possible to complete the email quests. As is, if the Skyline computer breaks, you're screwed.
Opinions are the root of all evil.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
Wesp5, is there any way you can arrange so that even if you get the Skyline haven, the laptop stays in the Santa Monica haven?

Done for 7.1, thanks for the idea!

Offline archangel583

• Fledgling
« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2010, 05:07:13 AM »
Hey folks.  Going through a playthrough on the 6.9 plus patch and encountered three issues I was hoping to get some help with.  I've been surfing around the forums for a while, and while i found similar issues in the same parts, I couldn't find a solution to the exact problem I'm having.

First - After reconciling the Voreman sisters, Bertram's gate still remains locked.  I have to noclip my way through it.
Second - Isaac isn't granting me the gift at the end of the "Way of King's" quest, and so I can't complete it.  After I tell him about the Tzimisce he tells me to come back later, and thats it.  He never actually gives it to me.
Third - Mitnick's library card isn't spawning in the backstage room of the Empire Hotel.  I find a gold ring in there, but thats all.  I'm pretty confident that I didn't just miss it, as i spent 10 minutes throwing furniture around in frustration, and the room really isn't all that big to begin with.  Not sure about the pull toy yet, but I expect the worst by nature.

If anyone has answers or suggestions, it would be much appreciated.  If the solution requires alot of typing, or can be corrected in the consel, please do me the favor of speaking in small infant terms.  I really don't know much about scripting past the "gimmexp" commands.  Thanks again for your time folks, as well as all the great work you've put into this spectacular game.  And anyone who responds to this will be my hero forever.

Update:  Ok so the pull toy isn't showing up either, though I was able to find that one in the consel.  Theres that  and I read somewhere that Wesp put a NPC in VV's hot tub.  Not seeing that either if that's true.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:02:12 AM by archangel583 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »
First - After reconciling the Voreman sisters, Bertram's gate still remains locked.  I have to noclip my way through it.

Did you continue an older saved game, because this could be the reason.

Second - Isaac isn't granting me the gift at the end of the "Way of King's" quest, and so I can't complete it.  After I tell him about the Tzimisce he tells me to come back later, and thats it.  He never actually gives it to me.
Third - Mitnick's library card isn't spawning in the backstage room of the Empire Hotel.  I find a gold ring in there, but thats all.

Are you playing basic or plus? Because some things are not available in basic.

Theres that  and I read somewhere that Wesp put a NPC in VV's hot tub.  Not seeing that either if that's true.

Strange. I'm almost suspecting something went wrong with the installation of the patch.

Offline archangel583

• Fledgling
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »
Hey Wesp, thanks for the prompt response.  Appreciate it.  No, im not running off an old save.  As a matter of fact, I recently wiped my computer so the game was a completely fresh install when i patched it with 6.9.  I know i selected the plus option, many of your changes are in fact present.  I think you may be right about a problem with the patche's installation.  It seems like things are just being left out.  Few things I noted since last...

None of the female hunter models
No female Sabbat members
And I think that Yuki (i think thats her name) the demon hunter is supposed to assist you at the Golden Temple if she survived the Henghe....... the giant hell fish man.  Unfortiunately I'm currantly at the last Golden Temple quest and she seems to be absent.

Anyway.  Any suggestions on what might solve these issues?  Can I just reinstall the same patch again, or will that bug the game out even further? 

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2010, 10:01:30 PM »
Anyway.  Any suggestions on what might solve these issues?

Are you running Vista or Steam or anything else that could be trying to prevent game files from being overwritten by patch files?

Offline archangel583

• Fledgling
« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »
Thats a negative.  Running it on windows xp, off good old CD's.  If it matters, I just finished my run through.  Missing content not withstanding, the game can still be completed. 

Offline archangel583

• Fledgling
« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2010, 07:25:46 AM »
Ok, it was a problem with the patch installation.  Tried upgrading to 7.0, and everything is working beautifully.  Thanks for the assists Wesp.  Appreciate it.  Keep up the good work.