collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 121761 times)

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #780 on: May 29, 2018, 07:22:44 AM »
Doing a night at the museum, put the valve in and now I can't move from the spot.  I can turn round, i can open the switch box and i can hit it with a weapon but cannot move my feet from the spot I'm at.

Is there some way to un-freeze me? console command? previous save?

I have saved my game at this point and when I reload that save I am still stuck there.

First bug I have had with the game, thanks in advance.

Like the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, there are rules for gaming, and the second rule is Save often and always disable autosave. The best times to do so are right before and after any transition, attempting anything difficult, or when you know you are about to get in a fight.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:28:06 AM by GlassDeviant »

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #781 on: May 29, 2018, 07:26:47 AM »
Hi,

I'm playing a new game and trying to do the 'Thinned Blood' quest, but when I get to the room with Lily, her dialogue plays but her model doesn't move, and I can't select any dialogue options, so it's like the scene freezes.
She is standing inside the chair and does not go to attack the guy that comes in.
Does anyone know a way to make the scene play?
Thank you.

Did you follow the quest correctly or skip steps? Source engine is notorious for requiring you to go through every step as scripted. Skipping steps can lead to scenes and characters not being correctly initialized, so things end up not working properly.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #782 on: May 29, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »
Lily getting stuck seems to be a random bug the same as Milligan getting stuck. Just try again from an earlier save...

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #783 on: July 22, 2018, 01:13:17 AM »
so one of my friends is trying to play vtmb on windows 10 however he gets stucked on the first conversation which he must press the 1 button in order to talk to jack the problem is nothing happens...as i read this seems to be a rare problem is there anyway to fix it?
other keys work fine just the conversation keys are the ones that are not working he did install the patch however i am sure its not a patch problem,he also did try to run the game with compatibility and admin privileges under windows xp and 98 but still no luck.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #784 on: July 22, 2018, 11:05:36 AM »
so one of my friends is trying to play vtmb on windows 10 however he gets stucked on the first conversation which he must press the 1 button in order to talk to jack the problem is nothing happens...as i read this seems to be a rare problem is there anyway to fix it?

Hm, this happened lately to me on Windows 7 too, but I think restarting the game fixed it...

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #785 on: July 22, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »
he did several times but didn't help.it seems a strange problem i mean if keyboard works in game it should work fine everywhere are you using a usb keyboard?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #786 on: July 22, 2018, 01:28:26 PM »
Just to make sure, you don't use the numpad keys? They don't work in dialog.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #787 on: July 22, 2018, 02:05:01 PM »
no he is trying to play on laptop keyboard which has no numpad at all

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #788 on: July 22, 2018, 07:21:03 PM »
Okay, then I have no other idea. But I had to ask because sometimes it is the obvious solution, so nobody thinks about suggesting it.

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #789 on: July 22, 2018, 08:04:16 PM »
yeah i know thanks we were talking about it anyway i suggested him to use numpads which he said he doesn't have any.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #790 on: July 23, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »
yeah i know thanks we were talking about it anyway i suggested him to use numpads which he said he doesn't have any.

Maybe it's still the same issue and his laptop labels these keys as numpad keys or something?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #791 on: July 23, 2018, 12:15:41 PM »

Maybe it's still the same issue and his laptop labels these keys as numpad keys or something?
I doubt it. Then the hotkeys wouldn't work either.

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #792 on: July 23, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »

maybe but in that case what should he do?
i remember someone had the same problem which you suggested him to do a new keybinding on os level

Offline Zavijava

• Fledgling
« Reply #793 on: December 06, 2018, 08:12:30 PM »
Reporting issues I encountered after a full 10.1 plus patch playthrough.

- One time Therese-Jeannette final showdown stuck with gun pointed to wall, fixed reloading previous save.
- One time could take the werewolf blood without unlocking the cabinet first.
- Same quest, the guard seems to turn hostile if he sees me before the lockpick success message vanish, even if he clearly didn't see me picking the lock.
- Gallery Noir key's not removed from inventory after using it on both front and rear door of the art gallery.
- Nocturne Theater sewer access: first time couldn't load the theater, had to save and reload to fix it.
- Skyeline haven computer stopped working and floating in air because desk become invisible.
- Self duplication around Skyeline haven of Virgil Crumb driving license I previously stored in the black chest, same self duplication of the license in Hollywood Asian Theater.
- Loading times bloat if there are too many saves. Fixed cleaning the saves folder and after this license duplication stopped too, but may be a coincidence.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #794 on: December 06, 2018, 08:35:06 PM »
All of these are random bugs, most probably caused by long playing sessions. Especially everything weird in the Skyeline haven map. The only thing I could fix is removing the gallery key, but then you couldn't ever use it on the other door...

* Game Files