collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 147475 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #735 on: December 26, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »
About the warehouse, extra xp for not killing anyone makes no sense at all. When all's said and done you are there to blow the place up, so most of the people there will be dead anyway.

That's what I figured a long time ago when I made it a now detected bonus to not loose the XP. BTW, I'm going through the walkthrough now checking all XPs and found some more differences to correct.

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #736 on: December 27, 2017, 03:03:32 PM »
Well, I checked and the counter is 0 when I plant the charge but no XP. Maybe it's given later, when you speak with The Prince?
But the check is in the warehouse level?

Also the chateau is one of the best locations in vtmb - I had so much fun throwing pizza slices off the balcony into the night.

However, I don't think that Isaac, being a Jew would fork out a while mansion. Lucky Star seemed appropriate, if not a little overcrowded.

What are the requirements for dancing fool ending?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #737 on: December 27, 2017, 11:17:57 PM »
But the check is in the warehouse level?

Yes, but I think it's at the end when you are leaving.

Also the chateau is one of the best locations in vtmb - I had so much fun throwing pizza slices off the balcony into the night.

It was originally build by EntenSchreck for the Prelude, but as it is a restoration I just had to include it in the plus patch too!

However, I don't think that Isaac, being a Jew would fork out a while mansion.

I don't know what a "while mansion" is, but Isaac is a movie producer that worked with Edward G. Robinson, Jimmy Cagney, Brando and more according to his words. Do you think he had them live in the Luckee Star hotel ;)?

What are the requirements for dancing fool ending?

You need to open a lot of doors at the Luckee Star until you get the easter egg there, then later you can ask LaCroix about it...

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #738 on: December 28, 2017, 07:52:43 AM »
It's "whole mansion" ) I was swiping on a phone keyboard and missed a typo. Hey, there's a difference between posh movie stars and smelly downtown anarchs. Besides, I'm sure he would if he could. Look at the runaround he gives the player for absolutely nothing in return.

Was the level restored based on something or just made from the ground up?

Now Hannah refused to die after talking to her. She was clearly in a lot of pain and after I took all of her money she didn't have a lot to look forward to, so I relieved her and got a humanity hit. Come on, game.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:54:37 AM by J3ster »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #739 on: December 28, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
Was the level restored based on something or just made from the ground up?

We build it from ground up after screenshots of the original Chateau Marmont in Hollywood. EntenSchreck did the outside and I did the inside. There were a lot of unique textures and even an unused model of the whole roof in the game, but for a long time we didn't know what they were fore until EntenSchreck stumbled upon a picture of the hotel :)!

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #740 on: December 30, 2017, 03:59:36 PM »
I've just finished serial Killer Quest by persuading him and got a Masquerade Violation in 1.2 which makes perfect sense, however I don't remember getting it in UP? Was it patched for some reasons?

Also it was the first time I failed to get VV poster and photo (apparently I didn't accumulate enough liking points, being 1 dot appearance Gangrel. I believe one still can get it it's just that I didn't bother with correct options) even though she told me to call her VV. Eh, whatever. Ironically, I think that 400 bucks is more than what you can get by selling the photo.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #741 on: December 30, 2017, 05:55:01 PM »
I've just finished serial Killer Quest by persuading him and got a Masquerade Violation in 1.2 which makes perfect sense, however I don't remember getting it in UP? Was it patched for some reasons?

Yes. If you persuade him to not kill again, why should this be a Masquerade violation?

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #742 on: December 30, 2017, 06:34:39 PM »
Well, police is on his trail, he's a murdering psychopath who had a change of heart after one "think about your family" line? I don't buy it. Not to mention the fact that were letting a serial massage violator go.

It's kind of ridiculous how in VV's second quest you can not kill Hatter, let Julius go and still get a masquerade redemption.

You get violation for letting Milligan go without checks, why this has to be any different? There's plenty of redemption points to be gained in game, and having violation as a result of a dialogue choice is so much better than "oops, someone walked on me feeding in the alley"

Redemption for killing and violation for letting him go seem about right to me.

P.S. Do you get redemption for talking Samantha out of thinking you're you? I can't remember You really shouldn't either.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:37:32 PM by J3ster »

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #743 on: January 03, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »
Personally i'm more annoyed by the 'economy' of humanity over Masquerade (which is much tighter, even when Wesp made the patch more lenient).

I already complained about this and I already got the response this can't be fixed, but i'd much prefer that every time you break in a combat zone with police, you'd get (1) single humanity loss the first time one was killed (museum, kamikaze zen, dane, hospital top floor etc). You'd think there would be a python binding for killed guards, but apparently this is a engine thing and a 'ondeath' callback doesn't exist to trigger a humanity loss on combat maps.

It pisses me off you can play as MacCopKilla and keep your humanity. Yeah, they shoot back, but you broke and entered first. Bah.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:23:45 PM by SCO »

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #744 on: January 03, 2018, 03:59:49 PM »
Humanity stuff
Yeah, It's just the way humanity is implemented in the videogame fashion. I've read the CQM 4.0 update on moddb where the creator promised a reworked humanity mechanincs. Something to look forward to.

On the other hand if I don't want to kill someone I just walk around with fortitude on and soak of 10, and just ignore pesky little mortals. I even had time to admire the whole exposition in the museum all the while soaking a mid-sized warehouse worth of ammunition.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #745 on: January 03, 2018, 04:38:10 PM »
Humanity stuff
Yeah, It's just the way humanity is implemented in the videogame fashion. I've read the CQM 4.0 update on moddb where the creator promised a reworked humanity mechanincs. Something to look forward to.
I agree, the humainty system is bad. It is too hard to lose humanity and way too easy to get it back. I've also pondered the idea that you should get one humanity loss for killing cops or killing in combat zones. At least when you start the hostilities. That would be for killing cops on a hub, but not hunters because they are hostile from the start. And one loss for killing in the beachhouse, Dane, museum and maybe Glaze and the Giovanni's. But of course not for the fight at Zhao's or the warehouse.
It should be possible to implement such a thing but you have to edit almost every npc combatant on almost every map.

On the other hand if I don't want to kill someone I just walk around with fortitude on and soak of 10, and just ignore pesky little mortals. I even had time to admire the whole exposition in the museum all the while soaking a mid-sized warehouse worth of ammunition.
...and that should give at least one masquerade violation  :taunt: Too bad I have no idea how to implement that. :chinscratch:
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #746 on: January 03, 2018, 05:04:57 PM »
Eh, the concept of masquerade is gamified too. Afaik in tabletop it all depends on how influential / close to the prince you are. Even in the game itself our sire gets dusted for one potential masquerade violation while we get away with a ton (if one counts redemptions you can violate it a ridiculous number of times)

I've never personally done it, I think the prince will chew you over for that, won't he? Might be worth a try when I finally get to my bestial cabbage Nosferatu playtrough. Never played a Nosferatu or a low humanity character, why not just do it at once?

Says something when you have to make extra effort to be evil in a game dedicated to mechanics of moral degeneration.

Online tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #747 on: January 05, 2018, 11:58:27 PM »
i am playing vtmb for first time and while i do i also read a lot on internet which i got  spoiled a lot too! anyway while i was reading the wiki i came across this
http://vtmb.wikia.com/wiki/Thinned_Blood
based on this it seems if i use Dementation on vandal i dont get the Replanting a Lily mission is that true?cause i did use Dementation on angry vandal and then there was some ha ha ha ha and after that the buy menu came up and i bought a blood pack from vandal,however later when i visited him again he was angry and i got the Replanting a Lily mission. now at the time i didn't think it was a deal cause i thought Dementation effect wont last much and it was only temporary but now i have my doubts.
i have the lastest patch with lastest upadte

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #748 on: January 06, 2018, 10:49:37 AM »
now at the time i didn't think it was a deal cause i thought Dementation effect wont last much and it was only temporary but now i have my doubts.

That is a change of the patch, because Dementation does wear off and Vandal would be missing a donor then even if you influenced him before.

Online tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #749 on: January 06, 2018, 12:43:15 PM »
now at the time i didn't think it was a deal cause i thought Dementation effect wont last much and it was only temporary but now i have my doubts.

That is a change of the patch, because Dementation does wear off and Vandal would be missing a donor then even if you influenced him before.
then using Intimidation and bribery will also lead to Replanting a Lily mission?
thank you