collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138483 times)

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #720 on: December 23, 2017, 09:32:12 PM »
As I remember, I only have 3 available options - persuade, tell him I'm the last thing he sees, or telling him to run. I cheated intimidation and it appeared alongside persuasion. If you can tell me how to cheat domination I'll try that as well.
I'll recheck in the morning though, thanks for the advice

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #721 on: December 24, 2017, 09:19:21 AM »
As I remember, I only have 3 available options - persuade, tell him I'm the last thing he sees, or telling him to run. I cheated intimidation and it appeared alongside persuasion. If you can tell me how to cheat domination I'll try that as well.
I'll recheck in the morning though, thanks for the advice
To get dominate use the console command vstats get dominate 4. That will get you to dominate 3. Save or at least remember how many xp you had before. The only way to get rid of stats via console is vstats sell and that gives the xp necessary to buy the stats you just sold. In order to correct that you need giftxp originalXP.
I can't find anything in the dlg file that hints to the cause of your problem. But cheating dominate won't get you anything unless you also change your clan to Ventrue before entering the dialog.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #722 on: December 24, 2017, 11:48:59 AM »
Here's the answers I get as Malk with 3 Dementation (I cheated 5 dementation just to see maybe game didn't register my level properly).
And here I cheated Domination.
Frankly, I have no idea what's going on. I had a snag before in a dialogue with Knox, having trouble making him come clean, but after checking dlg I found out that I needed Perception >3 in vanilla (talk about overkill)

With this, I think I'll just send the retard to his death. I just wanted to get a clean walktrough, you know?

Edit: Okay, so apparently the game does not poll my clan correctly. I've switched this dlg file (not really switched, since 1.2 uses packed version) for this from 9.9+ beta 2 and got this Notice how a persuasion option is now missing.

Charsheet.

Edit 2: It's not missing, It just doesn't require persuasion for Malkavians for some reason.
I've replaced UP dlg with 1.2 version and got the same bug in my UP game installation (These are different installations on different PCs) So the cause is indeed in the dlg file.

My understanding is that I get this batch of responses:
Code: [Select]
{ 61 }{ You're from the hospital! But the. . .my crew. . . Are they, are they. . . }{ You're from the hospital! But the. . .my crew. . . Are they, are they. . . }{ # }{ npc.SetDisposition("Fear", 1) }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 62 }{ It was a joke. They're all waiting for you in the hospital basement. Funny guys. . . }{ It was a joke. They're all waiting for you in the hospital basement. Funny guys. . . }{ 71 }{ Persuasion 3 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 63 }{ You saw nothing tonight. Nothing happened. You will forget everything. }{ You saw nothing tonight. Nothing happened. You will forget everything. }{ 91 }{ Dominate 3 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 64 }{ Give me your driver's license. I'm letting you go. }{ Give me your driver's license. I'm letting you go. }{ 101 }{ Intimidate 6 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 65 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 66 }{ Dead, yes. There are places that humans should never enter. This was one. }{ Dead, yes. There are places that humans should never enter. This was one. }{ 81 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 67 }{ Get out of here! Run faster then you ever have. Before I change my mind. }{ Get out of here! Run faster then you ever have. Before I change my mind. }{ 0 }{ }{ G.Mill_Loose = 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
that doesn't include dementation. When the one I should be getting is this one:
{ 51 }{ [Crying/Laughing/jabbering hysterically]Heh-heh. . . }{ [Crying/Laughing/jabbering hysterically]Heh-heh. . . }{ # }{ npc.SetDisposition("Fear", 1) }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 52 }{ They're all waiting for you in the hospital basement. It was a joke. This is a mask. Boo. }{ They're all waiting for you in the hospital basement. It was a joke. This is a mask. Boo. }{ 71 }{ Humanity 6& G.Pisha_Desire == 1 }{ FindPlayer().HumanityAdd( -1 ) }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ Your friends are in its belly, fly. A sumptuous joke played at your expense. }
{ 53 }{ They're all waiting for you in the hospital basement. It was a joke. This is a mask. Boo. }{ They're all waiting for you in the hospital basement. It was a joke. This is a mask. Boo. }{ 71 }{ Humanity -6 & G.Pisha_Desire == 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ Your friends are in its belly, fly. A sumptuous joke played at your expense. }
{ 54 }{ Your friends are dead. }{ Your friends are dead. }{ 81 }{ G.Pisha_Desire == 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ The black widow has devoured all the flies. All dead. }
{ 55 }{ Run! Never come back to this city. }{ Run! Never come back to this city. }{ 0 }{ G.Pisha_Desire == 1 }{ G.Mill_Loose = 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ Spread your wings and fly away from this city forever! Hurry! }
{ 56 }{ Your mistress the moon calls. . .run towards it for the rest of your days. }{ Your mistress the moon calls. . .run towards it for the rest of your days. }{ 151 }{ Dementation 3 & G.Pisha_Desire == 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ Your mistress the moon calls. . .run towards it for the rest of your days. }

Unfortunatly I have no idea why it happens. At this point I'm not even sure it's possible to do on vanilla version.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 01:35:54 PM by J3ster »

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #723 on: December 25, 2017, 12:41:29 PM »
Right, I figured it out.
Here's the difference in starting condition between original file:
{ 164 }{ (Starting Condition) }{ }{ 51 }{ npc.times_talked > 1 and IsClan(pc,"Malkavian") }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 165 }{ (Starting Condition) }{ }{ 51 }{ npc.times_talked > 1 and IsClan(pc,"Nosferatu") }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 166 }{ (Starting Condition) }{ }{ 51 }{ npc.times_talked > 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }

and patched version:

{ 165 }{ (Starting Condition) }{ }{ 61 }{ G.Pisha_Desire == 1 and not(IsClan(pc,"Malkavian") or IsClan(pc,"Nosferatu")) }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 166 }{ (Starting Condition) }{ }{ 51 }{ G.Mill_Know == 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }

I was correct in that the game just doesn't recognize character's clan properly.

I have absolutely zero python knowledge (or any programming language, really) so I'd be grateful is someone pointed out to me what is wrong here. Why would the game not recognize a positive check, but work with negative one?

My goal here is not to fix the bug, but rather figure out whether it is an inherent 1.2 flaw and just move on.

Thank you.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #724 on: December 25, 2017, 09:02:07 PM »
I see two issues here: In the unpatched game both starting conditions go to the same line 51 which is wrong, the patch diverts one to 61 instead. Also sometimes cheating stats in the console in the affected map itself doesn't register, in that case cheat before loading the map...

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #725 on: December 25, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »
But you can't be both Malkavian and Nosferatu at the same time, can you?

I haven't cheated at all in that playtrough. Well, aside from noclipping out of the stuck door. All the cheating was done for testing purposes only. I also went outside, saved, restarted the game, loaded, cheated and then entered the skyeline apt. Alas.

Hey, Merry Christmas! 🎄
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:14:54 PM by J3ster »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #726 on: December 25, 2017, 09:42:00 PM »
But you can't be both Malkavian and Nosferatu at the same time, can you?

No, but then I don't know what the game does when you switch dlg files midgame ;)...

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #727 on: December 26, 2017, 09:15:01 AM »
I haven't saved after switching files. I've just placed one unpacked dlg file from 9.9 patch (taken from a different PC) into vampire folder, then loaded the game to check. I've tried out all the options and they work, so switching that file midgame did not wreck any terrible consequences. On the other hand, I bet if I tried switching LaCroix dlg file things wouldn't go as smoothly.

But I didn't save the game or continue playing after, I've just deleted the new dlg file. As far as I can tell, none of the walktroughs, written for the original version mention this dementation option, so it's very likely to be unavailable before you patched it.

Started a new game, teleported downtown from tutorial, cheated all max stats went to hospital then 1A - still default non-malkavian dialogue.

Edit:
I tried and hotwired it like so:
{ 163 }{ (Starting Condition) }{ }{ 61 }{ G.Pisha_Desire == 1 and IsClan(pc,"Ventrue") or IsClan(pc,"Toreador") or IsClan(pc,"Gangrel") or IsClan(pc,"Brujah") or IsClan(pc,"Tremere") }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 164 }{ (Starting Condition) }{ }{ 51 }{ npc.times_talked > 1 and IsClan(pc,"Malkavian") }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
{ 165 }{ (Starting Condition) }{ }{ 51 }{ npc.times_talked > 1 and IsClan(pc,"Nosferatu") }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }

It starts conversation with Milligan as if it was the first one (its coming for me aaaahhh!) when you try to talk to him in his closet. (It does proceed normally once you say "wait till i get back" and give you appropriate "dealing" responses)

If I eliminate npc.times.talked counter then it removes the first batch of dialogue entirely. (he runs at you in the hospital and you just get to tell him to wait) afterwards quest proceeds as normal)

Using G.Mill_Know == 1 as a starting condition for 51 line does work.

I think the problem is that the times.talk counter is somehow broken, so the game checks
{ 61 }{ G.Pisha_Desire == 1 }as sufficient for everyone.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:41:57 AM by J3ster »

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #728 on: December 26, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »
The game always reads the file from disk on every dialog. This is apparent because it's how i tested some bugfixes

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #729 on: December 26, 2017, 08:13:27 PM »
The game always reads the file from disk on every dialog. This is apparent because it's how i tested some bugfixes

I'm not sure how it's relevant. Of course it reads the dlg, otherwise there would be no dialogue. The question is how does it determine which dialogue to display? Based on variables and conditions.

I've moved on anyway.

It's really amazing how much work has been done in UP - I think around 90% of ambient conversations is broken in vanilla game.

Oh, and apparently you don't get bonus XP for sneaking in warehouse mission. Joy.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #730 on: December 26, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »
Oh, and apparently you don't get bonus XP for sneaking in warehouse mission. Joy.

That's a change I did for the plus UP. In the original game and the basic patch you get a bonus for not killing anyone there which makes no sense because Bertram says "So if you get in there and have to bust a few heads... don't feel bad."

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #731 on: December 26, 2017, 09:07:53 PM »
Yeah, you don't get any bonus at all.

I did the whole mission with notarget and sneaking 10 without billing anyone and nothing. I checked warehouse.py and there is a G.Warehouse_kills variable counter in there. Can I somehow check it in game?

Also, im not sure if all "outcome: #xp" data in up walktroughs is correct. If you add up all XP from warehouse pt2 you get around 10, not 8-9. And if I remember correctly hallowbrook and Giovanni XP totals don't add up either. Can't check the text now, though.

Oh and where's chateau from patch notes?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #732 on: December 26, 2017, 09:39:41 PM »
Yeah, you don't get any bonus at all.

In that case there might be some other problem in the unpatched game.

Can I somehow check it in game?

Yes, just type G.Warehouse_Kills in the console, the capitals are important!

Also, im not sure if all "outcome: #xp" data in up walktroughs is correct.

You are right. The Hallowbrook is okay, but the Giovanni XPs are wrong too.

Oh and where's chateau from patch notes?

You can only visit it in the plus patch when choosing the Anarch Ending...

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #733 on: December 26, 2017, 09:53:27 PM »
Motherloving God, I've missed a new location! How am I supposed to fall asleep now?

And just when I finished my Ventrue walktrough. Figure it's not very much in character to replay anarch ending as Ventrue. (Don't think they fit the dregs where the game happens at all really, especially the run down hotel in the intro)

Oh, well, time to roll a hot bruja chick and flip of the prince. Never get tired of it.

Is it possible to competely miss Heather conversations? I don't remember ever having the second one trigger, you know the second blood donation where she gives you her college money? That's one thing that actually worked in 1.2 In UP it always jumps straight to bathroom snacking and then "I saw some scary men" and I just tell her to stay inside. (I know it basically kills any further interaction but you only get armor after that and I buy it anyways) Although that might be just my inattentiveness.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #734 on: December 26, 2017, 10:19:41 PM »
Hm, I'm currently in a pluspatch playthrough and had no problems getting all the Heather dialogs up to the point when she brought the guy, after which I sent her home.

About the warehouse, extra xp for not killing anyone makes no sense at all. When all's said and done you are there to blow the place up, so most of the people there will be dead anyway.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod