collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138308 times)

Offline LemonOrange

• Fledgling
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #690 on: July 28, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »
Excuse me for being brand new to this forum @__@;;
I was messing around with my game and I found two strange bugs.

1. NPCs being immune to feeding or disciplines.
Happens whether it's the base game with some basic patches [GOG], [GOG] + basic patch, [GOG] + plus patch. I did find a solution however, replacing all the files in the Vampire folder with those supplied by the SDK fixed all these issues. Strange.

2. With histories enabled in character creation you can have infinite skill points.
I can do this by maxing my allocated skill points, changing histories and have more skill points to allocate. Repeat until maxed.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #691 on: July 28, 2017, 12:55:39 PM »
1. NPCs being immune to feeding or disciplines.

This shouldn't happen, but it could be the result of continueing an old save game after updating the patch version which sometimes turns all humans into vampires.

2. With histories enabled in character creation you can have infinite skill points.

This is a known exploit that we can't fix, but Jack will comment on it to show that it is a known issue ;).

Offline ngppgn

• Fledgling
« Reply #692 on: August 18, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »

A sort of odd bug (odd since it can be reproduced without modding or using the console).

I was experimenting with giving my character other clans' disciplined, and it seemed to work just flawlessly, except for one thing:

Having Obfuscation maxed out, I could use the Thaumaturgy lvl 5 power (Blood Strike?), without breaking Obfuscation, but using the Thaumaturgy lvl 1 power (Blood theft?) did break obfuscation for a moment.

Would you mind telling where should I look to fix this issue myself (since I understand this is not a priority for the "normal" game?)

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:19:10 PM by ngppgn »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #693 on: August 18, 2017, 03:39:45 PM »
Would you mind telling where should I look to fix this issue myself (since I understand this is not a priority for the "normal" game?)

I could only suggest to look into the disciplinetgt_004.txt file and then post your results here if you can fix this!

Offline Armoreska

• Fledgling
« Reply #694 on: August 29, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
I have grievances with feeding effect too, in the museum. The guard at camera controls wont go to sleep, and the one with the basement key doesnt care about me at all! Im on 9.7 patch though, plus.

There's a skill book inside there, its being a pain in the ass to grab.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:54:14 AM by Armoreska »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #695 on: August 29, 2017, 12:00:01 PM »
Hm, these look like random glitches to me. Are you playing long sessions in one go? Bloodlines is known to get more buggy with random issues if you do.

Offline Armoreska

• Fledgling
« Reply #696 on: August 29, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »
Sure, but this session was just the museum. I've noticed some other bugs earlier, but only minor ones.
I did get through it with all the points, thanks to the alternate ways of doing things.
I'm a Ventrue, btw.

I do alttab frequently, that may be it
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:07:32 PM by Armoreska »

Offline Armoreska

• Fledgling
« Reply #697 on: August 30, 2017, 06:00:37 AM »
Another thing:
B-Rated Writer fails Daydream Believer if not done yet (should have bought those blood packs, as a Ventrue I have only blue ones).
At least can someone add this to the wiki?
But whatever, this quest is kinda douchy.
This may also fail Thinned Blood as all but 1 guy are gone now. Or are they all gone because of Thinned Blood? Hmm.

I'll giftxp 1 myself :razz:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:13:30 AM by Armoreska »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #698 on: August 30, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »
Or are they all gone because of Thinned Blood? Hmm.

The thin bloods will be gone around the time you enter Hollywood independently of any special quest. In fact only the guy needed for the B-Rated Writer quest stays because this is only accessible that late in the game.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:46:50 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Armoreska

• Fledgling
« Reply #699 on: August 30, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
Hm any reason I'm not getting an Antique Locket from Ox? Maybe there are indeed some conflicts in my installation.

I also just maxed my inventory, but earlier I lost a quest from Imalia because I received no items and no quest log (didnt notice anything before it was too late to reload). Perhaps, because of max inventory.
Any easy way to restart the quest/get the key to the apartments?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #700 on: August 31, 2017, 10:12:50 AM »
Hm any reason I'm not getting an Antique Locket from Ox?

Maybe you didn't get it because your inventory was full.

I also just maxed my inventory, but earlier I lost a quest from Imalia because I received no items and no quest log (didnt notice anything before it was too late to reload). Perhaps, because of max inventory.

Maxing out the inventory is always bad. Put stuff you don't need into the chest in your appartment!

Any easy way to restart the quest/get the key to the apartments?

The quest should still be active, use the console to add these items:

give item_k_tawni_apartment_key
give item_g_wireless_camera_1 (do this three times to get the three cameras you need)

Offline Florence

• Ancillus
  • Dignitas
« Reply #701 on: September 01, 2017, 08:04:44 PM »
Another thing:
B-Rated Writer fails Daydream Believer if not done yet (should have bought those blood packs, as a Ventrue I have only blue ones).
At least can someone add this to the wiki?
But whatever, this quest is kinda douchy.
This may also fail Thinned Blood as all but 1 guy are gone now. Or are they all gone because of Thinned Blood? Hmm.

I'll giftxp 1 myself :razz:

You can wait until Grout's Mansion
There you will get 3 normal blood packs
That guy disappears after you report to prince
I mastered Ventrue play :justabite:

You may not get the antique locket if you didn't kill the guy at the massage salon
I assume you just dominated him so...
~ To rule in blood is to rule in truth. ~

Offline Florence

• Ancillus
  • Dignitas
« Reply #702 on: September 01, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »
Hello people
My presence is not glowing so I can not be sure if it is working or not?
Also I dont see those +5 next to my soaks when I use fortitude so I am not sure if it is working either
Is there a solution to this?
~ To rule in blood is to rule in truth. ~

Offline Armoreska

• Fledgling
« Reply #703 on: September 02, 2017, 01:53:39 AM »
Hm any reason I'm not getting an Antique Locket from Ox?

Maybe you didn't get it because your inventory was full.
No, that's not it, as you see these problems happened at the same time so I had a chance to reload, sell stuff nearby and recheck it.
Another suggested this is because I did not kill the guy in the locker room.

After that, I also had the constant loading crash when entering Red Dragon, so had to roll back some progress and it works again.
Funny, it loaded fine the day before. In the morning, I load in Red Dragon, go out, return (either immediately or after doing some chores) and it crashes. Only quest I did before that is Kikinapped AND left the package too. So did them separately to be safe.
Btw wow Chinatown sucks! Mechanics, most dialogue YEESH!

And I entered the library! Just retrying after failure does the trick.

edit:
Thanks for the help, I've finished the game with 1 quest/70 untouched (killing Venus)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:41:20 AM by Armoreska »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #704 on: September 02, 2017, 09:29:12 AM »
My presence is not glowing so I can not be sure if it is working or not?
Also I dont see those +5 next to my soaks when I use fortitude so I am not sure if it is working either.

Has this happened suddenly or right from the start? Do you still see the message +soak at the top of the screen? Because a lot of the bugs recently reported here sound random to me, maybe caused by too long playing sessions in one go which are known to mess the game up. Both disciplines work fine for me!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:39:07 AM by Wesp5 »