collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138393 times)

Offline mercurio101

• Fledgling
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #660 on: August 14, 2016, 05:48:01 PM »
Hello again!

I would like to share my confusion about sneaking - I find myself hard to grasp the rule by which the enemy notices me. I sneak behind enemy - and sometimes he notices me, sometimes not. You can get really close to him and he doesn't notice you, but sometimes... I am pretty lost about this stuff.

Offline Paradox

• Fledgling
« Reply #661 on: October 04, 2016, 07:00:18 AM »
I have found that the "floor doors" just inside the Malkavian Maze open fine but my character cannot "fall" through them into the next section, and of course the hole is too big to jump out of so I lost some time having to reload.

Any ideas to get this working, don't care too much for this play but my next is going to be a Malkavian.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #662 on: October 04, 2016, 09:21:06 PM »
Just crouch and you will fall through.

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #663 on: November 12, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »
Prostitute lines 171 and 181 at cemetery play no sound or lip movement for me. Is that a confirmed bug of vcd or just my setup?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #664 on: November 12, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »
Prostitute lines 171 and 181 at cemetery play no sound or lip movement for me. Is that a confirmed bug of vcd or just my setup?

I don't get any lip movements from the prostitute at all in the cemetery! I fixed that and a possible "no reply" issue as well...

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #665 on: November 12, 2016, 04:41:18 PM »
Could you tell me what's to be done in order to get those sound and lip movement for prostitute lines 171 and 181 please?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #666 on: November 12, 2016, 05:45:08 PM »
Could you tell me what's to be done in order to get those sound and lip movement for prostitute lines 171 and 181 please?

It's rather complicated. The problem is that the prostitute on the cemetery is called "ProstituteCem", but the dialogue files are for "Prostitute". I solved the issue by renaming the references on the cemetery and adjusting the Python file too.

Offline miracle.flame

• Ancillus
« Reply #667 on: November 12, 2016, 05:53:08 PM »
Your hint made me find out less complicated solution and that is unpack the vcd files associated and change actor "Prostitute" to actor "ProstituteCem".
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:45:34 PM by miracle.flame »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #668 on: November 12, 2016, 06:44:57 PM »
Your hint made find out less complicated solution and that is unpack the vcd files associated and change actor "Prostitute" to actor "ProstituteCem".

I was aware of that solution when I made the change, but still there is no seperate dlg file for ProstituteCem and in the hubs Troika always changes the names of the talking prostitutes so this would be the better solution.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:49:00 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Platinum

• Fledgling
« Reply #669 on: December 01, 2016, 08:05:39 PM »
Hello the Planet Vampire community,

I would like to thank Wesp5 for his great work on the patches !

I don't know if the the right place but sadly i've encountered some bugs :

1) In the quest "The Hunted Hunter" when i enter in the foxy boxes main room, the cathayan doesn't appear. There is the "mini cut scene "to introduce the boss but he is "invisible" and i can't kill him obviously, i'm stuck in the room. :(
I don't know if this is the reason why i encountered this bug but i tried to kill him once and he was too strong for me, then i did some quest and when i came back the catalayan didn't appear.

2) In the quest "And Her Name Was Venus", after the quest "the confession" was completed, i talked to venus in her office and she said that she gave me the boris's key. At the end of the dialogue, i got no key and "And Her Name Was Venus" doesn't appear in my quest's list. :/

Is there a way to resolve these bugs please ?

Here is the specs:

unofficial patch 9.6 fr

i5 3570k
7870xt
16GB RAM
W10 x64 pro

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:20:59 PM by Platinum »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #670 on: December 01, 2016, 08:26:16 PM »
I don't know if this is the reason why i encountered this bug but i tried to kill him once and he was too strong for me, then i did some quest and when i came back the catalayan didn't appear.

The reason for this bug is that you entered the map once, then left and came back. I have already fixed that for 9.7 but you can't finish this now in your current game.

At the end of the dialogue, i got no key and "And Her Name Was Venus" doesn't appear in my quest's list.

Looking at the dlg file this should be impossible. What is G.Venus_Quest?

Offline Platinum

• Fledgling
« Reply #671 on: December 01, 2016, 08:51:35 PM »
Looking at the dlg file this should be impossible. What is G.Venus_Quest?

Thanks for your answer ! Should i do a video capture ?

After i talked to Venus in her office i typed "G.Venus_Quest" in the console and it shows the number "2" .
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:55:24 PM by Platinum »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #672 on: December 02, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
After i talked to Venus in her office i typed "G.Venus_Quest" in the console and it shows the number "2" .

Then you haven't got the correct dialogue from her yet. Just talk to her again and see where it leads...

Offline Platinum

• Fledgling
« Reply #673 on: December 02, 2016, 12:28:02 PM »
Then you haven't got the correct dialogue from her yet. Just talk to her again and see where it leads...

I already talked to her again but she says nothing more than "What?"

I did a video capture if it can help.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #674 on: December 02, 2016, 01:31:12 PM »
I did a video capture if it can help.

I checked the video out and you need to contact the French translator about this. It works fine in the English version and there is already the problem, at least in your video, that Venus is not talking during the important last lines. This is wrong...