collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138236 times)

Offline ArchmageJoda

• Fledgling
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #615 on: October 31, 2015, 08:20:00 AM »
In Unofficial Patch 9.4, when LaCroix sends you to the museum, I've been having the issue where if you take the option to ask him questions before going, you don't actually get the museum keys, and I had to add them via the console when I was at the museum.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #616 on: October 31, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »
In Unofficial Patch 9.4, when LaCroix sends you to the museum, I've been having the issue where if you take the option to ask him questions before going, you don't actually get the museum keys, and I had to add them via the console when I was at the museum.

I thought this was fixed. What exactly did you ask him and what version of 9.4 did you use (what is the date in the readme, there were some hotfixes)?

Offline ArchmageJoda

• Fledgling
« Reply #617 on: October 31, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »
Since it was after grout's mansion, the questions I asked him were "How do you know Bach?" and "What's a blood hunt?" I have v9.4, dated August 31, 2015 (31.08.2015).

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #618 on: October 31, 2015, 07:00:47 PM »
I have v9.4, dated August 31, 2015 (31.08.2015).

Ah, that was the first buggy version. The dialogue file of the Prince has been fixed later...

Offline ArchmageJoda

• Fledgling
« Reply #619 on: October 31, 2015, 07:08:44 PM »
Ah, I see. Would it hurt anything in my current Tremere playthrough to download and install a fresher version of the UP then? Or should I just go through as normal since I'm already past the museum anyway?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #620 on: October 31, 2015, 07:19:39 PM »
Would it hurt anything in my current Tremere playthrough to download and install a fresher version of the UP then?

It would probably break the game in case of updated maps. So as this only fixed minor issues, please don't do it...

Offline Electric_larry

• Fledgling
« Reply #621 on: November 16, 2015, 05:53:37 PM »
I'm not sure if I installed 9.4 correctly because I'm having some issues with long since fixed bugs. For example, Phil will not drop the code to the computer that controls the freezers in the hospital basement. I've gone from 7.5 to 9.4 and in 9.4 I see it installs all the files in a new directory rather than to vampire. I assume it's supposed to be that way but it's not using the dlg files in that directory, it's using the old ones. I can test this by changing the words in the dialogue. I can see that it is using the old files in vampire, not this new directory. I've since copied the files from the unofficial patch directory into the vampire file and the issues are resolved...for now. But I'm wondering why this is happening, did I install it wrong?

For installation I did this -

1.) Fresh install (steam version)
2.) Extracted all the pak files with vpk tool (quick and dirty). I intend on editing some files.
3.) Applied unofficial patch.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #622 on: November 16, 2015, 08:46:37 PM »
1.) Fresh install (steam version)
2.) Extracted all the pak files with vpk tool (quick and dirty). I intend on editing some files.
3.) Applied unofficial patch.

Yeah, and you need to start the game with the shortcut the patch creates. Or if you start the game via Steam you need to append -game Unofficial_Patch to the options. Why is nobody checking the patch readme first before coming here...

Offline Electric_larry

• Fledgling
« Reply #623 on: November 16, 2015, 08:54:02 PM »
Sorry Wesp, I don't recall reading that part. Also, I've been installing it the same way for years until I tried 9.4. So, I wouldn't expect to have to take extra steps after an install and it doesn't surprise me if my question is not the first of its type. I will do what you suggested on a fresh install. Thank you.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #624 on: November 16, 2015, 09:41:16 PM »
Also, I've been installing it the same way for years until I tried 9.4.

Because of that and the new directory structure I thought you might have checked the readme. But no harm done, we changed the setup so now multiple mods can be run in parrallel like with other Source engine games :)!

Offline DarthSithari

• Fledgling
« Reply #625 on: March 14, 2016, 04:32:12 AM »
I was a dumbass and upgraded from Basic to Plus without deleting my savegames, now my pre-patch savefiles are stuck in the Save/Load menu and I can't delete them. I tried looking for the files in the actual game folder to manualy delete them, but I can't find it. The only thing I found was the save9999.vpk folder, and it only had one item is it. Do I have to wipe my entire save folder?
Opinions are the root of all evil.

Offline FleshArtist

• Infernalist
  • Ancillus
« Reply #626 on: March 25, 2016, 07:06:16 AM »
If you believe the saves are going to be a problem, then you may want to reinstall Bloodlines, especially if you have dozens, at some point too many saved games begin to glitch the game out in general, making the game load slow for example. You should download a vpk extractor (there's one with quick and dirty Bloodlines tools) to crack those open and see if your saves are in there if you want to be precise.

Offline Him696

• Fledgling
« Reply #627 on: March 29, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »
I started a new game with the 9.5UP, fresh install. I know this version is marked as beta but I though I mention a few bugs I encountered so far:

- writing on the invitation (santa monica suite) is not properly aligned
- probably same case as above I found in one of the skill books...I forgot which one but it's early in the game. It had some missing text.
- phone handset keeps jumping back while talking (I remember this in the unpatched game if i recall correctly)
- when you release the prisoner in gimble's basement you are invisible, just a shadow
- edit: went back to the apartment after the gimble task and noticed the radio audio and subs are not in sync. tv is ok though

I'll mention that it's been a looong time since I played this game. I'll keep playing and report if I find other things.

One other thing...I can't see what the voice (malkavian) is saying while talking to other people, I wish there was a way to see upper corner subtitles of the voice even when you're engaged in a conversation.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:08:25 PM by Him696 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #628 on: March 29, 2016, 10:52:43 PM »

Fixed in the final 9.5.

- probably same case as above I found in one of the skill books...I forgot which one but it's early in the game. It had some missing text.

Can you please check which one it was?

- phone handset keeps jumping back while talking (I remember this in the unpatched game if i recall correctly)

This is a model animation bug that is yet unfixable!

- when you release the prisoner in gimble's basement you are invisible, just a shadow

This is a save game bug that is yet unfixable!

- edit: went back to the apartment after the gimble task and noticed the radio audio and subs are not in sync.

Another unfixable problem. The subtitles go out of sync each time the radio is turned off...

One other thing...I can't see what the voice (malkavian) is saying while talking to other people, I wish there was a way to see upper corner subtitles of the voice even when you're engaged in a conversation.

I don't think this is possible, sorry.

Offline Him696

• Fledgling
« Reply #629 on: March 30, 2016, 01:24:45 PM »

Fixed in the final 9.5.

Can you please check which one it was?

I tried to replicate that but couldn't. I think the text was not missing but I couldn't see the scrolling controls.

I guess it was nothing. I'll keep playing, thank you.