collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 143964 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #585 on: April 27, 2015, 08:49:23 AM »
There's a bit of weirdness with my game -- when I'm moving and try to stop, my character keeps going for a second or two, as if sliding on ice or or rollerskating.

The patch readme says to this: If controls lag or the game crashes try Win98 or XP compatibility.

Offline Ytrumz

• Fledgling
« Reply #586 on: July 18, 2015, 06:24:52 AM »
Don't know if it is a known bug for the game in general, but game crashes when trying to trade with Fat Larry after Society of Leopold. I can choose the other two options in dialogue and nothing happens, but as soon as he has to open his inventory, game freezes up. No idea if it is because he has a lot of items in inventory or specific for Fat Larry after Society of Leopold.

Not game breaking since I can trade with other vendors, just a bit annoying.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #587 on: July 18, 2015, 07:18:13 AM »
That can happen if his inventory is very full and yours too. Both can happen after the society. Have you tried selling your excess stuff to someone else and then return to Larry?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Ytrumz

• Fledgling
« Reply #588 on: July 18, 2015, 07:56:43 AM »
That can happen if his inventory is very full and yours too. Both can happen after the society. Have you tried selling your excess stuff to someone else and then return to Larry?

I had no excess stuff :) Needed some ammo. But I figured it probably had something to do with his inventory list being full. Just wondered, because it is the first time I have ran into that particular bug. Any way to expand his inventory space or is it an load issue when reaching certain amount of items?

Offline Whispers

• Ancillus
« Reply #589 on: July 18, 2015, 09:28:32 AM »
Cycling through the console weapons cheats, I came across give_item_w_avamp_blade. Selecting it did not yield an item, so I assume it either never made the game or was taken out in the patch. I am curious what weapon it originally was though, as it didn't ring a bell.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #590 on: July 18, 2015, 09:35:56 AM »
Whispers, there's a typo in your console command. it must be: give item_w_avamp_blade
It is the shin gunto, so in the plus patch you get it anyway.

Ytrumz, the problem with Larry is that his inventory is not cleared after leaving the shop. I think this is because he is located on a hub and not on a separate map. So if he has more items than fit on one side of the merchant screen, the game can't handle that. Same thing can happen if you carry too much stuff around. So it's always a good idea to put things you don't need in the haven chest.

Offline Whispers

• Ancillus
« Reply #591 on: July 18, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »
Whispers, there's a typo in your console command. it must be: give item_w_avamp_blade
It is the shin gunto, so in the plus patch you get it anyway.
Thanks for clearing that up :)

Offline Whispers

• Ancillus
« Reply #592 on: July 22, 2015, 08:55:32 PM »
I'm playing a Gangrel with the Bad-ass chica history. I can't raise my Dex from 4 to 5. I have the xp and can raise Str and Sta just fine, but for some reason I can't click that 5th Dex dot. Help?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #593 on: July 22, 2015, 10:58:43 PM »
I can't raise my Dex from 4 to 5.

Are you wearing armor that affects dexterity?

Marked as best answer by on October 19, 2019, 11:34:54 PM

Offline Whispers

• Ancillus
« Reply #594 on: July 23, 2015, 07:23:40 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Are you wearing armor that affects dexterity?

Gaaaaaah! Erm, I mean, yeaaaaah that might be it.

Thanks! :)

Offline aguyuno

• Fledgling
    « Reply #595 on: July 26, 2015, 05:02:09 PM »
    So one thing I noted when I opened the console is that there were still quite a few error messages. Like, when I loaded the game where I currently am, my console looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/fOFgbAX.jpg

Do y'all know what causes this? Or is it something I should just ignore? Or..?

Thanks!

Edit: It's worth noting there were actually more error messages that appeared. For some reason, enlarging the window made quite a few disappear :/. Odd. Anyway, yeah.

Edit 2: Here's what it actually looks like, in its full glory!

Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
    Unable to open Trait Effect List data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
    Unable to open history data file for: vdata\system\Histories001.txt
    Unable to open History List data file for: vdata\system\Histories001.txt
    Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_005.txt
    Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_005.txt
    Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_006.txt
    Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_006.txt
    Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_007.txt
    Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_007.txt
    Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_008.txt
    Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_008.txt
    Unable to open data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_009.txt
    Unable to open Discipline Tgt data file for: vdata\system\DisciplineTgt_009.txt
    Unable to open Trait Effect List data file for: vdata\system\TraitEffects001.txt
    SSE code is enabled
    SSE2 code is enabled
    3DNow code is disabled
    MMX code is enabled
    Exe version 0.27.0 (protocol 1)
    Build: Dec  2 2004 16:11:45 (466)
    Loading game from SAVE\quick.sav...
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/sewer/support_link.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/sewer/support_link.mdl)
    CStaticProp::Init:  Map error, static_prop with bogus SOLID_ flag (3)! (models/scenery/furniture/lightc/lightc.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/lighta/lighta.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/misc/spike/spike.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/trash/barrels/barrelf.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/trash/barrels/barrelf.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/trnsign.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/wina.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/wina.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/winb.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/winb.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/winc.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/winc.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/lightb/lightb.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/lightb/lightb.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/furniture/lighta/lighta.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/silo.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/fenceposts_A.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/scenery/structural/warehouse/fenceposts_B.mdl)
    Loading game from SAVE\sm_warehouse_1.HL1...
    invalid max_frames values for Smoke1
    :::: ZVTOOL LOADED [v0.4] ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    ****************** loading warehouse level script
    *************levelscript loaded
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in ?
    NameError: name 'sm_warehouse_1_patch' is not defined
    no anims, moving
    Exhausted signon buffer. Skipping remaining baselines (ents 194 - 1317).
    "Felnar<1>" changed name to "unnamed<1>"
    Encountered a non-standard vertex format (183 3 1)
    Encountered a non-standard vertex format (183 3 1)
    Encountered a non-standard vertex format (105 0 2)
    Can't find factory for entity: vdisciplineprojectile
    NULL Ent in UTIL_PrecacheOther: vdisciplineprojectile
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:21:06 PM by aguyuno »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #596 on: July 26, 2015, 07:21:28 PM »
    Just the usual junk. Don't worry about it.

Offline aguyuno

• Fledgling
    « Reply #597 on: July 26, 2015, 11:31:00 PM »
    Fair enough, then! That's more or less what I figured :).

Noticed two minor bugs btw, not sure if y'all can even fix it but I figure I should mention 'em.

1) Shotgun animation glitches a lot. Like it keeps animating me firing/reloading the gun, even when I'm pressing nothing. Weirdly I can still use it just fine (like, the reload animation it'll enter doesn't stop me from firing it), but yeah.

2) If you turn away from a locked door, then back to it and press use real quick, it seems to not notice the door is locked right away. I accidentally did this with Jezebel Locke's door in my file; had to reload to avoid accidentally skipping the whole sidequest rofl.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
    • Antediluvian
    • Unofficial Patcher
    « Reply #598 on: July 27, 2015, 12:34:59 PM »

Yeah, check out HL2 or many other games. Their consoles are usually full of minor errors and warnings of that kind!

Noticed two minor bugs btw, not sure if y'all can even fix it but I figure I should mention 'em.

Both issues sound like hard-coded problems that we won't be able to fix...

Offline aguyuno

• Fledgling
    « Reply #599 on: July 27, 2015, 01:51:30 PM »

Yeah, check out HL2 or many other games. Their consoles are usually full of minor errors and warnings of that kind!

Both issues sound like hard-coded problems that we won't be able to fix...
    Also more or less what I figured. Thought I'd tell you just in case; the animation one should be fixable tho, no?