collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 143950 times)

Offline QUAKE

• Fledgling
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #540 on: August 06, 2014, 04:59:57 AM »
Nothing's changed.
You have unofficial patch 9 installed?

so
cl_smooth "0"
was already in autoexec.cfg, right?

Make sure you have 15% empty hard drive space space and defragment your hard drive.
Make sure you have a pagefile of at least 2048MB

Then:
Follow steps here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4911-eicn-7411

Also maybe: Disable autoleveling,

Offline KaziK

• Fledgling
« Reply #541 on: August 06, 2014, 05:11:17 AM »
I use patch 8.6 with polish translation, cause playing malkavian in english is beyond me :P. cl_smooth (0) is in autoexec.cfg. I have over 15% empty space on hdd and my pagefile is 3gb. I disabled auto leveling. I have already checked link you pasted and only thing i didn't tried was updating audio drivers, i'll try it.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Changing Level of Detail & Draw Distance:
« Reply #542 on: August 06, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »
I wish there was a more elegant way to do this than adding it to the walk key, if you have a suggestion please let me know!

I just read this and there is indeed a more elegant way to do this, I will add it to my next patch using a Python alias :)!

Do any console commands work? Are the models a part of the maps itself? Are the values hardcoded and the exe needs to be modified with a hex editor? Is there a .QC file to force all lods to use highest poly model instead?

Sorry, but I can't help you here. The models are not part of the maps though...

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #543 on: August 19, 2014, 03:46:06 AM »
ok, I've done everything possible to make sure everything's clean.

New hard drive with new install of Windows 7 64-bit.
Clean install of VtMB from the 3 CDs.
New download of Unofficial patch 9.1.
Changes to vampire\cfg\autoexec.cfg:

autosave_on "0"
vchar_skip_intro "1"

Changes to vampire\cfg\config.cfg:

muzzleflash_light "0"
cl_showfps 1

No changes to clandoc000.txt

Started new game, met Jack, and my only available response to his first comment is:

"1. I do not have a valid reply."

This just becomes more "fun" every time.

Edit: Also added the 4 lines to remove the turnstile from Confession, but that shouldn't affect the dialogue in any way.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:33:24 AM by GlassDeviant »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #544 on: August 19, 2014, 11:43:21 AM »
Started new game, met Jack, and my only available response to his first comment is:

"1. I do not have a valid reply."

Very strange, the only conditions after Jack's normal first line are you being Malkavian or not. What exactly was his first comment?

Also added the 4 lines to remove the turnstile from Confession, but that shouldn't affect the dialogue in any way.

No, also I have added this in the patch already.

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #545 on: August 23, 2014, 11:40:36 AM »
Just the standard laugh and comment about the "show" inside the theatre. I skipped the intro, should I vegetate through it the first time on a brand new install? This is starting to drive me into senility...well, further into it.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #546 on: August 23, 2014, 02:11:03 PM »
Just the standard laugh and comment about the "show" inside the theatre. I skipped the intro, should I vegetate through it the first time on a brand new install? This is starting to drive me into senility...well, further into it.

It seems this is connected to some kind of Python problem, which I can hopefully fix in the next patch. Do you have another Python version installed? Have you tried the 2.7 version included in the Extras folders?

Offline Hasimir

• Fledgling
    • Organised Adversary
« Reply #547 on: September 01, 2014, 10:54:18 AM »

It seems this is connected to some kind of Python problem, which I can hopefully fix in the next patch. Do you have another Python version installed? Have you tried the 2.7 version included in the Extras folders?

It actually has a little more to do with the module structure Troika used than the version, though 2.7 will handle it better.

So far I've been able to get things to the point where either the bug will not occur or, if it does, it can be fixed in the console with one or two commands.  It will require a bit of restructuring within the python directory, though, so 9.2 is likely to be a bit of a deal.  I'll email you the details a bit later, I want to be sure first (I'm currently playing through with an alternate structure for those map python modules).  I also want to see if I can make it even more of a point and click thing, but that might not be feasible.
Lurking in the shadows, just like any chess loving Lasombra should ...

Offline talvas

• Fledgling
« Reply #548 on: November 24, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
Hi I am new to the forum... I have the 9.2 patch and the game in bought awhile ago. Not steam,  I've had camarilla edition work and tfn but when I install 9.2 I get no errors but everything seems vanilla.. In the console I get errors like pier patch or mod unspecified or something.. Also starting new game i don't see a version like 9.2 or anything.. I've searched everywhere and tried all the compatibility options.  What am I doing wrong? I've maxed inspection and no chewing gum in pier.. Also inspection items seem to appear for a split second then vanish.. I've reinstalled a few times now and still can't seem to get 9.2 to work.  If anyone can help that would be awesome and i apologize if this info is available elsewhwere as I am not tech inclined... More likely to throw everything out the window due to internet lack of speed..

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #549 on: November 24, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
I hope you didn't install 9.2 together with CE or TFN, this could be the cause of your problems. No Bloodlines mods are compatible with each other. Also the version number of the patch should be visible on the options gameplay page...

Offline talvas

• Fledgling
« Reply #550 on: November 24, 2014, 02:28:29 PM »
No I uninstalled each before the others... I used a new install each time and one at a time.  Did I miss something in the uninstall?  I deleted the contents of the bloodlines folder each time after uninstall as well..

Offline talvas

• Fledgling
« Reply #551 on: November 24, 2014, 02:29:46 PM »
I did not delete the entire folder however...

Edit: deleting the folder did the trick it seems thanks for you very very timely response.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:24:02 PM by talvas »

Offline Jojobobo

• Ancillus
« Reply #552 on: November 24, 2014, 03:39:36 PM »
I thought I'd give Basic a whirl on 9.2, and I've noticed a couple of things:

1) During the opening cinematic and other cinematics (e.g. Mecurio crawling to his appartment) the black borders at the top and bottom keep flickering and showing what's beneath them. Could be because I'm running this on a mac - however I didn't experience this with the 9.2 Plus Patch so I doubt it.

2) Some restorations from the Plus Patch are present in Basic (the installations are entirely separate so it's not that I've introduced weird crosstalk between the two). Firstly Jack says in the tutorial "Err why don't we step out back here" followed by "Christ it was stuffy in there" then also when feeding Heather your blood in the SM hospital you dramatically declare "Drink my blood and live!" I'm pretty sure both of these are restorations or new content, if I find anything else I'll post it up.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #553 on: November 24, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »
1) During the opening cinematic and other cinematics (e.g. Mecurio crawling to his appartment) the black borders at the top and bottom keep flickering and showing what's beneath them.

I don't think I touched this in either patch.

2) Some restorations from the Plus Patch are present in Basic (the installations are entirely separate so it's not that I've introduced weird crosstalk between the two).

Actually most of the dialogue restorations are in the basic patch as I never took the time to revert them which would be a lot of work and the original aim was to keep only gameplay changing stuff in plus and the rest in basic. As for the two situations you cited, I am open for better lines, as I am no native English speaker. But as with other things, the Heather line was changed because it was the only one in the whole game reading like an instruction and not real dialogue. So to keep the immersion and the gameplay consistent, I changed it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:28:04 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Jojobobo

• Ancillus
« Reply #554 on: November 24, 2014, 05:47:07 PM »
I don't think I touched this in either patch.
Any ideas then, seems weird it would affect one and not the other.

Actually most of the dialogue restorations are in the basic patch as I never took the time to revert them which would be a lot of work and the original aim was to keep only gameplay changing stuff in plus and the rest in basic. As for the two situations you cited, I am open for better lines, as I am no native English speaker. But as with other things, the Heather line was changed because it was the only one in the whole game reading like an instruction and not real dialogue. So to keep the immersion and the gameplay consistent, I changed it.
I would maybe cut those Jack lines from basic as I'm not sure they fit, he's proposing that you move from an inside location to an outside location which has already happened. For Heather, I would just leave it as is for the Basic Patch - if it's not a bug I don't see the problem. Either that or you could change it for something a little less bombastic - "Maybe my blood can save you..." with the "..." letting the player know that a course of action is going to be taken.