collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 147697 times)

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #480 on: January 04, 2014, 11:00:29 PM »
Interesting.

I'm not sure exactly how CryEngine 3 works, which is specifically why I am looking into it, because I want to learn it. Doing I guess what could be called a remake of VtMB would be my "learning project", and I would want to focus on moddability and actor attributes (including animations) to make it as flexible as possible. Once I get familiar with the thing and have a few test npcs and a room or two with some features (bed, desk, computer, tv/radio, containers, whatever) to work with I'll know whether I am going to be able to continue, until then I will probably just do this on my own and then see if I can generate any interest in a collaborative effort later.

Up until now I've been msotly a mod user in many games, with a few minor changes to my personal games. Now I want to start getting active with my remaining time on the planet (Earth that is, not planet vampire).

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #481 on: January 05, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »
Least elegant :)

So, being a Linux person, I have to ask what would be the most elegant way?
Directly editing the map file of course. But many people asking for this sort of help don't like the idea of messing with the maps.
If you want to do iit this way, just change one letter in the "plus" of the item names. Then the entity stays hidden when the python script unhides the entities for the plus patch and hides the basic ones. You can do it with the vpk tools, or in this case where the file size isn't affected with some text editors. I use notepad++. That recognizes python script and can open the map files. While adding or removing lines causes trouble, just changing single characters is ok.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:39 AM »
Thumbs up for Notepad++ :)

I'll see if I can manage this next time I try the latest UP, starting a run of CQ now since it's been a while. I'm not skilled at modding but that never stopped me from trying before  :vampwink:

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #483 on: January 06, 2014, 08:08:48 PM »
One thing I forgot in my last post. If you edit a mapfile, make sure no character you intend to carry on playing has visited this particular map before. Revisiting a map you have edited after the first visit with this character can lead to problems. Mostly the npcs don't move any longer.
So while map editing usually is the better way to do things for a newly installed game, python scripts generally are safer, and easier to test ;)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #484 on: January 06, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »
Is it possible to fix the nutjobs in the Malkavian mansion so that the females sound female and the males sound male in all cases?

Update: I finally managed to fix this bug :)! Now let's hope no males elsewhere will laugh with female voices ;)...

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #485 on: January 11, 2014, 04:34:50 PM »
You're the bomb Wesp5 :)

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #486 on: January 12, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »
Is it possible to fix the nutjobs in the Malkavian mansion so that the females sound female and the males sound male in all cases?

Update: I finally managed to fix this bug :)! Now let's hope no males elsewhere will laugh with female voices ;)...

Could add Michael Jackson in the haunted hotel as the ghost with the axe, laughing like a female, that would be awesome!  :razz:

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #487 on: January 12, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »

Could add Michael Jackson in the haunted hotel as the ghost with the axe, laughing like a female, that would be awesome!  :razz:
Wouldn't he be better placed in the Giovanni crypt? :rofl: And for the zombie-levels we change the combat music to "smooth criminal"  :cometome:

Offline Arthandas

• Fledgling
« Reply #488 on: April 29, 2014, 09:43:21 AM »
So apparently you can ask Trip about drugs only the first time you're talking with him (and probably before asking him about weapons). I didn't do it and now I can't get his quest.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #489 on: April 29, 2014, 09:50:20 AM »
So apparently you can ask Trip about drugs only the first time you're talking with him (and probably before asking him about weapons).

There are several lines to ask him for his name, just try out some other options.

Offline Arthandas

• Fledgling
« Reply #490 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:38 AM »
I already asked his name. The only available dialog options right now are:
1. I'd like to buy something.
2. Just looking, thanks.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #491 on: April 29, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
I already asked his name.

If you already asked his name and didn't choose the drugs line you are out of luck. I  might add an option though to come back to that topic in a next patch version...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:25:45 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Arthandas

• Fledgling
« Reply #492 on: April 29, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
Yes, having to do it in your first conversation and before asking his name are unnecessary requirements. Alternatively, you could just note it in the walkthrough.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #493 on: April 29, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
Yes, having to do it in your first conversation and before asking his name are unnecessary requirements.

These are not "unnecessary requirements". Asking for his name is needed because it is the only connection the player could have to ask him about drugs at all. And it needn't be in the first conversation, only in one where you don't already know he sells guns. And sorry, but I just checked and I can't add another option because all his lines are already full, I'll only be able to add some more to the dialogue before you know he sells guns.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:30:54 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Arthandas

• Fledgling
« Reply #494 on: April 29, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »
Then just note in the walkthough, in the first Pawn Shop section that the player should ask him about the drugs or he'll miss a quest.