collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138228 times)

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #465 on: December 23, 2013, 09:50:37 AM »
Cubic, can you temporarily free enough space on c: ? Then you can install into the default directory and manually move the whole bloodlines directory to another drive. That should work.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #466 on: December 23, 2013, 09:59:15 AM »
Judging by googling, this is some Valve engine problem with game that is installed in non default folder.

I don't believe this is the reason. I never install Bloodlines into the default directory and I have moved from XP to 7 without reinstalling and the game didn't even care. Any other mods you have installed at the same time?

Offline Cubic

• Ancillus
« Reply #467 on: December 23, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »
Reinstalling solved my problem. Strange but something went wrong during previous installation of the UP 8.8: vampire.exe was renamed to vampire - [bla-bla].exe (I don't remember exactly), launching the game caused engine error and creation of directory vampire - [bla-bla]\SAVE with file Vampire-999.sav.
Facts are meaningless; they can be used to prove anything.

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #468 on: December 28, 2013, 04:41:49 PM »
Just installed VtMB in C:\Games\VtMB (which I always do, and always have done without problems) and applied the new patch 8.8 (previously 8.2). Everything has worked fine until now, but after accepting Slashterpiece from Jeanette, the elevator in Asylum is broken leaving me stuck in the Tourette suite with that crazy b****.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Finally managed to get past this by going back several saves (I had only gone back two when I first posted) so I am unsure exactly what went all snafu or where.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:06:45 PM by GlassDeviant »

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #469 on: December 29, 2013, 10:13:04 AM »
If you don't want to go back to a previous save, you can also use noclip to get into/out of malfunctioning elevators. Just remember to switch it off before you start the elevator...

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #470 on: December 31, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »
One more quick question, how hard would it be for a non-modder to get rid of the turnstile in Confessions? I understand it's "cut content" that has been restored, but I can't help thinking there was a very good reason it was cut...like, because it's an annoying pain in the arse :)

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #471 on: January 02, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »
That won't be a big deal. Open -bloodlines\vampire\python\vamputil.py with a text editor. Find the function def unhidePlus(): right at the top of the file. Add the four lines below print "Unofficial Patch 8.8 Plus"
and make sure the indentation is exact. That should do the trick.
Code: [Select]
def unhidePlus():
    G  = __main__.G
    if G.Patch_Plus == 1:
        print "Unofficial Patch 8.8 Plus"
        t = find("plus_turnstile")
        if t: t.Kill()
        t = find("plus_turnstilez")
        if t: t.Kill()
        plus = __main__.FindEntitiesByName("plus_*")
        for b in plus:

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #472 on: January 03, 2014, 01:25:05 AM »
Great, and I even understood it :)

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #473 on: January 03, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »
Great, and I even understood it :)
That's why I posted the easiest if least elegant way to do it... ;)

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #474 on: January 04, 2014, 03:19:10 AM »
Least elegant :)

So, being a Linux person, I have to ask what would be the most elegant way?

Also, a long-standing bug: Is it possible to fix the nutjobs in the Malkavian mansion so that the females sound female and the males sound male in all cases? I am guessing this is not possible or it would have been in the Unofficial Patch long since.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #475 on: January 04, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
Is it possible to fix the nutjobs in the Malkavian mansion so that the females sound female and the males sound male in all cases?

We actually tried to fix that for 8.9 but all versions we tried sounded worse like the one there now or removed the laughing altogether.

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #476 on: January 04, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »
So it's not just as simple as making all the female models use the femals audio tracks, and male models use male audio tracks? Oh, of course, that would be too easy, Valve would never make an engine so simple to mod :)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #477 on: January 04, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »
So it's not just as simple as making all the female models use the femals audio tracks, and male models use male audio tracks?

This is normally done like this, but those females already have female soundgroups. I guess the male laughing is connected to their animation, but then I don't even know where this is set...

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #478 on: January 04, 2014, 08:41:08 PM »
Aren't game devs such wonderful, sensible, intellectual individuals? lol

I have just begun learning CryEngine 3, I wonder if maybe I can get up interest in making a Bloodlines (and possibly Redemption) near-clone, possibly with material added from various modders if they will allow it, and opening it up to additions from anyone who wants to contribute. This would allow for a flexibility that just isn't possible in the existing engine.

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #479 on: January 04, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »
Source handles this data through a script file called global_actors.txt. There you can specify the model name and gender. These are then parsed to the response rules system and its NPCs that uses to tell what responses and soundscripts to play. Usually it's used with $gender within the path name. This is only needed if you plan to have the same structure for both genders, such as the citizen model. I don't think this was included at all in the engine when Valve handled out their early version of Source to Troika.

There was an attempt to port Bloodlines to UDK a long time ago but it was a failure because UDK doesn't provide many ways to mod the game after it's being "cooked". Which means you couldn't edit the maps after they were compiled. Not to mention adding new contents to an already finished version was out of the question. Not sure how CryEngine 3 handles it, at least the CryTek 3 SDK when it comes to modding. The huge thing I like about Source is how moddable it is when it comes to add your own contents. You can add a lot of modding support, like dynamic weapon creation, as seen in Left 4 Dead 2's melee weapon, or anything you wish as long as you create scripting support in mind.