collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 145767 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #420 on: August 22, 2011, 10:26:42 PM »
You should probably turn the radio off as well, it sounds tacky having both play at once. What was the original beach music supposed to be?

It was supposed to be the standard SM theme and I think there are several places where background music meets other local music.

Specifically, the wide ones at the beach house that can be broken.

Damn, you are right, those have no breaking sounds! I added some in. Anywhere else this happens?

What you can do however is change the battle track to something that isn't obviously supposed to segue smoothly from something very quiet and gentle when the replacement normal music is loud with lots of percussion.

Every music change is fading in and out, I really don't see a problem with the new music, especially in battle.

The other one (the middle one) isn't accessible from the top, but the tank can be opened from underneath, and if you look up you see water.

I don't think anyone will notice that unless they really look for errors like you do ;).

The infinitely spawning ones in the room Nadia leads you into.

These zombies are not spawning infinitely, they are limited number and in the end the door will break down.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:08:24 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Lictor

• Seductive Vampire
  • Ancillus
  • Troika's Follower
    • Animoon
« Reply #421 on: August 27, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »
Sorry for wrong report :D I checked it there too :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:40:01 AM by Lictor »

Offline Washer

• Fledgling
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2011, 03:29:25 AM »
- i can talk to dead people -  O.o

so i decided to reinstall the game and play it with patch 7.9. then i came across some good old friends and new ones.

first of all some entity bugs occured again. i may create a seperate thread for that later, since no one seems to have ever posted some pictures about that, and i have no idea if these can be fixed at all (they seem to be hardcore random within the engine but show patterns).

and what is the deal with the item menu? i never really understood that.
is it supposed to halt the game while opened or should the game continue behind? should it only halt the scenery in combat but not in safe areas? i do not know. but i discovered you can have both when you
1. open the inventory AND the scenery is halted
2. you enter the character screen AFTER THAT by pressing "c" or any other

then the game continues hidden behind the character sheet or log files, which can lead to death in combat.

another thing is the Ocean House. i never noticed music problems, but now in 7.9 i missed the great "Disturbed And Twisted" track after entering the house. sometimes later it started.
after all this was the first time i noticed the atmospheric rain and wind so this wasnt even too bad or even changed?

then Stanley Gimble. the new possibility is a nice idea, but has some flaws. one of them got already mentioned, the others are:
A. at the intercom, right after having chosen option "4" for the buzzer and before entering, i can use the intercom again, but then all the 4 options cause the buzzer to activate and with "4" Gimble repeats himself.
B. after sending Gimble to Vandal the intercom can be used again and dead Gimble responds to option "4" like before (instead of the intercom being deactivated).
C. him going back in does not make any sense when sending him to Vandal. given that he is NOT ACTIVE down there after entering and freeing his victim. but since i guess that it is hard to change a whole scripted event including animation, i would suggest to make him appear or even lock a door (like the second for the basement) with the quest being updated to "check back later". a delay would also compensate for the otherwise humanity loss.

probably mentioned more than once since the beginning. but Doctor Malcolms patient seems to have the same old problem. described as seriously wounded, he still manages to stand up and ignore physics while a vampire feeds on the doctor (i finally had to take a screenshot). funny and weird.

another thing is the Warehouse quest. is the "Planted Astrolite without killing anyone" supposed to do anything? because i never experienced that message (only the "Planted Astrolite without being detected").

and then there are some combat related things that bug me.
Chastity for example: it is not possible to kill her with Blood Boil. at least not before she engages in combat. and if Blood Boil has been cast on her before, she is running about with the effect applied but not taking any dmg. (basically i approached her then, cast Blood Boil, closed the door and walked away)
i do know that there need to be several NPCs with infinite life to be able to continue (it would be hilarious to kill the Sabbat leader before he can even talk), but Chastity? why not make her engage as soon as the door is opened?
in addition to that i had the idea of killing special enemies like some bosses with spells like Blood Boil or Vision of Death. those are protected from these special effects but i would like to have them applied IF the enemy has low health and that spell would kill him due to damage. basically "if NPC health - damage of spell <= 0 remove protection" and make things go boom. the argument would be that these enemies where to strong to kill them with these spells but could not withstand them after having become too weak.

Pisha seems to have serious brain damage in combat. and while i do not like fighting her, i thought it to be interesting to see what she does in combat. using the telekinesis and summoning zombies in the basement. however, she also likes to kill herself in her own flames which she casts at the entrance. that at least when the player stands in the corner on top of the stuff below the ventilation shaft. she tends to run to the right then, right into her own flames where she takes damage until final death. solution? possibly more flames below the ventilation shaft. or how about a fear spot at the flames for the AI?

finally one big thing considering stealth combat which may be hard to change.
the cross bow is described as being silent, but is not. NPCs always engage, no matter what. same goes for several hidden cast spells, like Blood Boil. being hidden in a dark corner and having every value at 0 does change dramatically as soon as the NPCs take damage. with Obfuscate 5 however , it is possibe to stealth kill them undetected (yes it deals no dmg at all but kills instantly). so i understand the processes behind but wonder if you would have any idea to change a bit there to add some logic.
the main problem seems to be their range of vision as soon as one of them gets hit. and while i think Bloodlines is one of the best RPGs ever created that went through mainly unnoticed, i for my part hate the game for that. stealth kills are fun, but causing damage silently from a hidden position should only trigger a cautious behavior, not instantly reveal the player position to all NPCs.

thats it for now. thank you for still working on these patches. i had some fun playing it again.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »
Quote from: Washer link=topic=2061.msg108780#msg108780
after all this was the first time i noticed the atmospheric rain and wind so this wasnt even too bad or even changed?

I think this is intended, at least I can't remember changing anything there.

A. at the intercom, right after having chosen option "4" for the buzzer and before entering, i can use the intercom again, but then all the 4 options cause the buzzer to activate and with "4" Gimble repeats himself.
B. after sending Gimble to Vandal the intercom can be used again and dead Gimble responds to option "4" like before (instead of the intercom being deactivated).

This seems to be a bug left over from the original game. I'll fix it in the next patch!

C. him going back in does not make any sense when sending him to Vandal. given that he is NOT ACTIVE down there after entering and freeing his victim. but since i guess that it is hard to change a whole scripted event

The problem is that he won't be able to leave with you standing in the door and you could always follow him immediately. But I did lock the door of his last personal room so he might have a backdoor out of it...

probably mentioned more than once since the beginning. but Doctor Malcolms patient seems to have the same old problem. described as seriously wounded, he still manages to stand up

I tried to fix it but there seems to be nothing that can be done about this.

another thing is the Warehouse quest. is the "Planted Astrolite without killing anyone" supposed to do anything? because i never experienced that message (only the "Planted Astrolite without being detected").

It should give you an extra XP in the basic patch.

Chastity for example: it is not possible to kill her with Blood Boil.

She might be immune to some disciplines.

in addition to that i had the idea of killing special enemies like some bosses with spells like Blood Boil or Vision of Death. those are protected from these special effects but i would like to have them applied IF the enemy has low health and that spell would kill him due to damage.

Great idea, but I don't think this is possible.

or how about a fear spot at the flames for the AI?

I don't know if something like that even exists...

the cross bow is described as being silent, but is not. NPCs always engage, no matter what. same goes for several hidden cast spells, like Blood Boil.

I think all of these are not completely silence but only from a large distance. Otherwise they would be much too powerful.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #424 on: December 31, 2011, 08:29:16 AM »
For Chastity, I know that disciplines like suicide or vision of death work randomly, due to her true faith. I have killed her with these two in quite a few games, but sometimes it took about four or five attempts, before she finally wasn't able to shrug off the effect. In other games however, she died at the first shot.
But I don't know how this partial immunity to disciplines works for thaumaturgy effects. Even with the one Tremere I ever played, I have killed her with suicide.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Washer

• Fledgling
« Reply #425 on: January 02, 2012, 09:46:28 AM »
i didn't know that "Planted Astrolite without killing anyone" was supposed to work only in the basic patch.

well, now aside of the weapons, the thing with Blood Boil is that it can be cast silently. no NPC notices it. but later, when the target explodes and practically deals damage to surrounding NPCs, and if it does not kill them, the remaining NPCs instantly attack the player. even though they had no idea he was there or is even hidden behind a obstacle and the origin of the damage was their member.
i tested it several times, and the only way to avoid it seems to be to cast it on a target and get out of their range of vision before they take damage.
my idea would be to simply increase the blast damage of the explosion, so no NPC survives it. not the best solution, but it solves the logical problem of getting detected.

and Chastity can indeed be killed with Blood Boil. just not before combat. that at least i found out.
without the life bar on the screen, the combat has not begun. if cast then it deals no damage at all and leaves the effect on her. after she has engaged in combat, and with life bar on screen she can be killed with it.

Quote from: Wesp5
The problem is that he won't be able to leave with you standing in the door and you could always follow him immediately. But I did lock the door of his last personal room so he might have a backdoor out of it...
well we do know that he does not. so i thought more about locking another door, preventing the player to progress there and come back later (binding it to a quest or storystate) when "suddenly" Gimble is gone for sure and his victim can be freed without any interruption.

Offline DeeKay

• Fledgling
« Reply #426 on: January 02, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »
I couldn't find any posts about this earlier: As I started battling Andrei for the first time, it seemed as if all my defense was set to 0, or maybe even lower, although my character sheet says otherwise. Okay, my stats may be laughable at 3 stamina, 5 res to bashing, 2 to lethal and 1 to aggravated, but one of those meatbag monsters from the snuff films shouldn't be able to finish me off with ONE strike? :facepalm:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #427 on: January 02, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
well, now aside of the weapons, the thing with Blood Boil is that it can be cast silently. no NPC notices it. but later, when the target explodes and practically deals damage to surrounding NPCs, and if it does not kill them, the remaining NPCs instantly attack the player.

You are right, but this seems to be hard-coded into the AI, nothing I change about the sound or covert variables in the discipline file fixes it. And I don't think making Blood Boil even more powerfull is a solution!

well we do know that he does not. so i thought more about locking another door, preventing the player to progress there and come back later (binding it to a quest or storystate) when "suddenly" Gimble is gone for sure and his victim can be freed without any interruption.

I don't like that. We can always pretend that he leaves after you free Carson and somehow overtakes you on the way to Vandal. Also I think this is a kind of detail that most people would never even be bothered about ;).

Offline DeeKay

• Fledgling
« Reply #428 on: January 05, 2012, 01:13:21 PM »
Drat, I forgot to point out the most important part, which is that it seems like the spell (bug?) or whatever that was put on me during the fight with Andrei didn't go away, so the snuff monsters were able to kill me off with one hit.

Reinstalling the game and patching it again didn't seem to help. However, enabling 'god' mode during the fight, and then switch it off again afterwards seemed to work fine.

Again, could anybody give me an explanation as to why this might've happened?

EDIT: Re-installing and re-patching the game seemed to have worked. Still is a strange bug, though...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:19:43 PM by DeeKay »

Offline HammerToast

• Fledgling
« Reply #429 on: September 12, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »
I've posted this in another thread, but I figure I may as well post it here to give better clarification.

System Specs:
Intel HD Graphics Card
4.0 GB of RAM (rest of game runs fine despite this)
I have 22 gb of free space after full installation of VTMB
Digital Distribution copy
Running as Admin
REALLY BAD bug severity. Game crashes, I can reproduce results even over multiple uninstall/re-install cycles

Using the compmod (latest version OR 1.0 doesn't seem to matter which) WITH NOTHING ELSE INSTALLED except for a simple CD crack. No mods, skins, patches, NOTHING. Base game is v1.0 (can't get the official 1.2 patch because it tells me its already installed for some reason). I have recreated this error numerous times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game more times than I can conceivably count.

I have seen this issue announced several times on this board but I am continually aggravated by the sheer lack of times it has been addressed or fixed. If it has been fixed by the people who posted the complaint they have not posted their solution.

It is quite simple, the precache error. When I recruit the bum in the beginning of the game and try to bring him with me into my haven the game crashes with a "no precache" error after the loading screen finishes loading. I decided I would actually get the crash report and post it for further clarification. I will literally do ANYTHING to get this bug fixed. If this bug is unfix-able then just come right out and say that I'm fucked and I'll give up all hope for ever successfully using the compmod.

Here is the official crash report from the game:
Code: [Select]
* * * Vampire Crash Data Log, Generated From Exe Built On: Oct  6 2004 * * *

vampire caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module engine.dll at 0023:20041505.

Read from location 000063cc caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI:    0x000063c0  ESI: 0x20a3f490  EAX:   0x201736a4
EBX:    0x000001c8  ECX: 0x03ee30c8  EDX:   0x00000000
EIP:    0x20041505  EBP: 0x1dafede4  SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00010206  ESP: 0x0018b33c  SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f b7 54 3a 0c 52 ff 50 0c 66 3b 5e 30 73 6e 8b

-----[ SysInfo ]-----
Error occurred at 9/12/2012 00:41:30.
2 processor(s), type 586.
80% memory in use.
1024 MBytes physical memory.
795 MBytes physical memory free.
2048 MBytes paging file.
1024 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
668 MBytes user address space free.

-----[ StackTrace ]-----
0x00000140 : <unknown symbol> in <unknown module>

-----[ ScopeTrace ]-----
SCOPE_TRACE data, stack depth = 6
05. CBaseAnimating::SetModel (companion1) models/character/npc/common/bum/Male/bum_male.mdl
04. CBaseCombatCharacter::SetModel (companion1)
03. CServerGameDLL::GameFrame ()
02. RunListenServer ()
01. CEngineAPI::Run ()
00. LauncherMain ()

-----[ ModuleList ]-----
Module 1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe
Image Base: 0x00400000  Image Size: 0x00017000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cd8f
File Size:  1298432     File Time:  12/6/2004 21:30:30

Module 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\vstdlib.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00018000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cbb9
File Size:  94268       File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\tier0.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00034000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cbb5
File Size:  180280      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 4
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\filesystem_stdio.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00027000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc44
File Size:  155737      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:42

Module 5
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\zlib1.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00012000
Checksum:   0x00017753  Time Stamp: 0x3fb967d0
File Size:  55808       File Time:  10/6/2004 12:38:24

Module 6
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\stdshader_dbg.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00022000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc00
File Size:  81920       File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 7
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\dbghelp.dll
Image Base: 0x02800000  Image Size: 0x00100000
Checksum:   0x000e93e1  Time Stamp: 0x40b29313
File Size:  940032      File Time:  10/6/2004 13:35:02

Module 8
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\stdshader_dx6.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x0002c000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc06
File Size:  126976      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 9
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\vgui2.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00042000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc1e
File Size:  192572      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 10
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\vguimatsurface.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00051000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc2f
File Size:  274506      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 11
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\stdshader_dx7.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x0001e000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc0b
File Size:  69632       File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 12
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\stdshader_dx8.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00039000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x41670a8c
File Size:  172032      File Time:  10/8/2004 14:57:54

Module 13
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\stdshader_dx9.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x0001b000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc16
File Size:  57344       File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 14
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\materialsystem.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00297000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cbf7
File Size:  356426      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:42

Module 15
C:\Windows\system32\igdumdx32.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00094000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4e25f7e3
File Size:  581120      File Time:  7/19/2011 00:32:18

Module 16
C:\Windows\system32\igdumd32.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x0061d000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4e25f882
File Size:  6321152     File Time:  7/19/2011 00:35:02

Module 17
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\vaudio_miles.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00014000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc6b
File Size:  81996       File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 18
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire\dlls\vampire.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00acc000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cd6e
File Size:  9143296     File Time:  12/14/2004 20:12:54

Module 19
C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Temp\~e5.0001.dir.0001\~df394b.tmp
Image Base: 0x66700000  Image Size: 0x0016f000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x40f27a24
File Size:  805964      File Time:  9/12/2012 00:29:18

Module 20
c:\program files (x86)\activision\vampire - bloodlines\vampire\cl_dlls\GameUI.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00080000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc75
File Size:  491578      File Time:  10/14/2004 12:06:06

Module 21
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\mss32.dll
Image Base: 0x21100000  Image Size: 0x00064000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x3e767330
File Size:  370688      File Time:  10/6/2004 12:38:10

Module 22
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\launcher.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x00011000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cd8c
File Size:  69694       File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:42

Module 23
c:\program files (x86)\activision\vampire - bloodlines\vampire\cl_dlls\client.dll
Image Base: 0x10000000  Image Size: 0x006e9000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x41afaf63
File Size:  3428425     File Time:  12/2/2004 14:13:04

Module 24
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\vampire_python21.dll
Image Base: 0x1e100000  Image Size: 0x000ae000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cbcc
File Size:  704580      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 25
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\engine.dll
Image Base: 0x20000000  Image Size: 0x013bb000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x41afaf48
File Size:  1986620     File Time:  11/7/2008 15:53:16

Module 26
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\VPHYSICS.DLL
Image Base: 0x26000000  Image Size: 0x00102000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164ce73
File Size:  979006      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 27
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\mssvoice.asi
Image Base: 0x26400000  Image Size: 0x00039000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x3e7673a5
File Size:  212992      File Time:  10/6/2004 12:38:10

Module 28
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\mssmp3.asi
Image Base: 0x26f00000  Image Size: 0x0002c000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x3e767337
File Size:  137216      File Time:  10/6/2004 12:38:10

Module 29
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\shaderapidx9.DLL
Image Base: 0x2a000000  Image Size: 0x00175000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cbee
File Size:  401490      File Time:  11/4/2008 16:36:54

Module 30
C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcXtrnal.DLL
Image Base: 0x2ad90000  Image Size: 0x00259000
Checksum:   0x0003fa66  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd98a
File Size:  211968      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:14:54

Module 31
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\StudioRender.dll
Image Base: 0x2c000000  Image Size: 0x0026c000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4164cc40
File Size:  561222      File Time:  10/6/2004 22:11:44

Module 32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\bin\binkw32.dll
Image Base: 0x30000000  Image Size: 0x00068000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x40dc8996
File Size:  338944      File Time:  10/6/2004 12:38:04

Module 33
C:\Windows\system32\DINPUT.DLL
Image Base: 0x509e0000  Image Size: 0x00025000
Checksum:   0x0002caee  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd9c0
File Size:  136704      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:12

Module 34
C:\Windows\system32\DINPUT8.dll
Image Base: 0x55fb0000  Image Size: 0x00030000
Checksum:   0x00023ae6  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd9c1
File Size:  145408      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:12

Module 35
C:\Windows\system32\SortServer2003Compat.dll
Image Base: 0x55fe0000  Image Size: 0x0000d000
Checksum:   0x0000a7bb  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bc022
File Size:  38400       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:16

Module 36
C:\Windows\system32\DDRAW.DLL
Image Base: 0x58a90000  Image Size: 0x000e7000
Checksum:   0x000834da  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd9b8
File Size:  531968      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:12

Module 37
C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Temp\~e5.0001.dir.0000\~df394b.tmp
Image Base: 0x66700000  Image Size: 0x0016f000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x40f27a24
File Size:  805916      File Time:  9/12/2012 00:28:46

Module 38
C:\Windows\system32\AUDIOSES.DLL
Image Base: 0x67380000  Image Size: 0x00036000
Checksum:   0x0003cd0f  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b725
File Size:  195584      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:23:56

Module 39
C:\Windows\system32\DCIMAN32.dll
Image Base: 0x69c10000  Image Size: 0x00006000
Checksum:   0x0000e330  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd9b4
File Size:  10240       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:10

Module 40
C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll
Image Base: 0x6b8e0000  Image Size: 0x001c3000
Checksum:   0x001bf5be  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b7b3
File Size:  1828352     File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:24

Module 41
C:\Windows\system32\dsound.dll
Image Base: 0x6ff10000  Image Size: 0x00072000
Checksum:   0x00078959  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd9fd
File Size:  453632      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:14

Module 42
C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll
Image Base: 0x70560000  Image Size: 0x0008d000
Checksum:   0x000948ac  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b700
File Size:  562176      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:02

Module 43
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk.dll
Image Base: 0x712e0000  Image Size: 0x0003c000
Checksum:   0x00000000  Time Stamp: 0x4ff31a3b
File Size:  234840      File Time:  7/3/2012 10:21:28

Module 44
C:\Windows\system32\MPR.dll
Image Base: 0x714c0000  Image Size: 0x00012000
Checksum:   0x0001055d  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bda36
File Size:  64000       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:42

Module 45
C:\Windows\system32\dwmapi.dll
Image Base: 0x714e0000  Image Size: 0x00013000
Checksum:   0x0001eb6f  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bda07
File Size:  67072       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:14

Module 46
C:\Windows\system32\sfc_os.DLL
Image Base: 0x71500000  Image Size: 0x0000d000
Checksum:   0x00011f0e  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdb02
File Size:  40960       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:16

Module 47
C:\Windows\system32\sfc.dll
Image Base: 0x71510000  Image Size: 0x00003000
Checksum:   0x00009c0f  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdb01
File Size:  2560        File Time:  7/13/2009 19:10:24

Module 48
C:\Windows\system32\MSACM32.dll
Image Base: 0x71520000  Image Size: 0x00014000
Checksum:   0x0001dea3  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bda4e
File Size:  72192       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:44

Module 49
C:\Windows\system32\UxTheme.dll
Image Base: 0x71540000  Image Size: 0x00080000
Checksum:   0x000479e1  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdb3c
File Size:  245760      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:11:26

Module 50
C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcGenral.DLL
Image Base: 0x715c0000  Image Size: 0x00218000
Checksum:   0x0021a404  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b6ff
File Size:  2175488     File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:02

Module 51
C:\Windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV
Image Base: 0x71800000  Image Size: 0x00051000
Checksum:   0x0005ce01  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba4b
File Size:  320000      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:10

Module 52
C:\Windows\system32\samcli.dll
Image Base: 0x71930000  Image Size: 0x0000f000
Checksum:   0x0000e860  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b9a0
File Size:  51200       File Time:  11/20/2010 21:23:56

Module 53
C:\Windows\system32\PowrProf.dll
Image Base: 0x71950000  Image Size: 0x00025000
Checksum:   0x00026df1  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdb0c
File Size:  145408      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:14

Module 54
C:\Windows\system32\apphelp.dll
Image Base: 0x71980000  Image Size: 0x0004c000
Checksum:   0x00050421  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b73e
File Size:  295936      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:16

Module 55
C:\Windows\system32\USERENV.dll
Image Base: 0x728e0000  Image Size: 0x00017000
Checksum:   0x0001bf8b  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba28
File Size:  81920       File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:18

Module 56
C:\Windows\system32\SHUNIMPL.DLL
Image Base: 0x729b0000  Image Size: 0x00006000
Checksum:   0x00009593  Time Stamp: 0x4ce79627
File Size:  10752       File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:16

Module 57
C:\Windows\system32\profapi.dll
Image Base: 0x72a90000  Image Size: 0x0000b000
Checksum:   0x000126fb  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bbf41
File Size:  31744       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:14

Module 58
C:\Windows\system32\WINMM.dll
Image Base: 0x72cf0000  Image Size: 0x00032000
Checksum:   0x00035432  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba42
File Size:  194048      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:18

Module 59
C:\Windows\system32\VERSION.DLL
Image Base: 0x73480000  Image Size: 0x00009000
Checksum:   0x000138c1  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdb2b
File Size:  21504       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:18

Module 60
C:\Windows\system32\WSOCK32.dll
Image Base: 0x73490000  Image Size: 0x00007000
Checksum:   0x00005f90  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdb63
File Size:  15360       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:22

Module 61
C:\Windows\system32\avrt.dll
Image Base: 0x73ab0000  Image Size: 0x00007000
Checksum:   0x0000910a  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd998
File Size:  14336       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:00

Module 62
C:\Windows\system32\d3d8thk.dll
Image Base: 0x73cd0000  Image Size: 0x00006000
Checksum:   0x00009663  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd9a8
File Size:  11264       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:10

Module 63
C:\Windows\System32\PROPSYS.dll
Image Base: 0x73e90000  Image Size: 0x000f5000
Checksum:   0x000fa310  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b983
File Size:  988160      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:10

Module 64
C:\Windows\System32\MMDevApi.dll
Image Base: 0x73f90000  Image Size: 0x00039000
Checksum:   0x0003dfbb  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b892
File Size:  213504      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:23:52

Module 65
C:\Windows\system32\HID.DLL
Image Base: 0x74a70000  Image Size: 0x00009000
Checksum:   0x00009505  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd9ec
File Size:  22016       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:26

Module 66
C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPTBASE.dll
Image Base: 0x74ea0000  Image Size: 0x0000c000
Checksum:   0x00014593  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bbf41
File Size:  36864       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:08

Module 67
C:\Windows\syswow64\SspiCli.dll
Image Base: 0x74eb0000  Image Size: 0x00060000
Checksum:   0x0001d21e  Time Stamp: 0x4fc997c1
File Size:  96768       File Time:  6/1/2012 22:34:10

Module 68
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
Image Base: 0x74f90000  Image Size: 0x00019000
Checksum:   0x00025332  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdb04
File Size:  92160       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:14

Module 69
C:\Windows\syswow64\Normaliz.dll
Image Base: 0x74fb0000  Image Size: 0x00003000
Checksum:   0x0000f8d7  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdad4
File Size:  2048        File Time:  7/13/2009 19:09:02

Module 70
C:\Windows\syswow64\OLEAUT32.dll
Image Base: 0x74fc0000  Image Size: 0x0008f000
Checksum:   0x0008f8ac  Time Stamp: 0x4e58702a
File Size:  571904      File Time:  8/26/2011 22:26:28

Module 71
C:\Windows\syswow64\CLBCatQ.DLL
Image Base: 0x75050000  Image Size: 0x00083000
Checksum:   0x0008558c  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bd9b1
File Size:  522240      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:04

Module 72
C:\Windows\syswow64\iertutil.dll
Image Base: 0x750e0000  Image Size: 0x001b8000
Checksum:   0x001beed8  Time Stamp: 0x4fecf051
File Size:  1793024     File Time:  6/28/2012 18:01:34

Module 73
C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Image Base: 0x752a0000  Image Size: 0x000ac000
Checksum:   0x000a8f06  Time Stamp: 0x4eeaf722
File Size:  690688      File Time:  12/16/2011 01:53:00

Module 74
C:\Windows\syswow64\SHLWAPI.dll
Image Base: 0x75350000  Image Size: 0x00057000
Checksum:   0x0005db58  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b9e2
File Size:  350208      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:23:50

Module 75
C:\Windows\syswow64\SHELL32.dll
Image Base: 0x753b0000  Image Size: 0x00c4a000
Checksum:   0x00c4ee27  Time Stamp: 0x4fd2d1d9
File Size:  12873728    File Time:  6/8/2012 22:41:02

Module 76
C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPT32.dll
Image Base: 0x76000000  Image Size: 0x0011e000
Checksum:   0x0011c699  Time Stamp: 0x4f962bf6
File Size:  1158656     File Time:  4/23/2012 22:36:44

Module 77
C:\Windows\syswow64\urlmon.dll
Image Base: 0x76210000  Image Size: 0x00111000
Checksum:   0x00116d83  Time Stamp: 0x4fecf236
File Size:  1103872     File Time:  6/28/2012 18:09:34

Module 78
C:\Windows\syswow64\ADVAPI32.DLL
Image Base: 0x76330000  Image Size: 0x000a0000
Checksum:   0x000a1449  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b706
File Size:  640512      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:30

Module 79
C:\Windows\syswow64\DEVOBJ.dll
Image Base: 0x763d0000  Image Size: 0x00012000
Checksum:   0x0001812f  Time Stamp: 0x4ddb887d
File Size:  64512       File Time:  5/24/2011 04:40:06

Module 80
C:\Windows\syswow64\WINTRUST.dll
Image Base: 0x763f0000  Image Size: 0x0002d000
Checksum:   0x0002a6b3  Time Stamp: 0x4f4f094d
File Size:  172544      File Time:  2/29/2012 23:37:42

Module 81
C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll
Image Base: 0x76420000  Image Size: 0x0015c000
Checksum:   0x00164a37  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b96f
File Size:  1414144     File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:02

Module 82
C:\Windows\syswow64\USP10.dll
Image Base: 0x76580000  Image Size: 0x0009d000
Checksum:   0x000a2ada  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba29
File Size:  626176      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:18

Module 83
C:\Windows\syswow64\NSI.dll
Image Base: 0x76620000  Image Size: 0x00006000
Checksum:   0x00004fe4  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdad9
File Size:  8704        File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:12

Module 84
C:\Windows\syswow64\WS2_32.dll
Image Base: 0x76630000  Image Size: 0x00035000
Checksum:   0x0003f60a  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba68
File Size:  206848      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:23:56

Module 85
C:\Windows\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll
Image Base: 0x766a0000  Image Size: 0x000f0000
Checksum:   0x000afaa0  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba59
File Size:  663040      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:12

Module 86
C:\Windows\syswow64\USER32.dll
Image Base: 0x76790000  Image Size: 0x00100000
Checksum:   0x000d5873  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba59
File Size:  833024      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:22

Module 87
C:\Windows\syswow64\MSCTF.dll
Image Base: 0x76890000  Image Size: 0x000cc000
Checksum:   0x000cb820  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bda69
File Size:  828928      File Time:  7/13/2009 19:15:44

Module 88
C:\Windows\syswow64\LPK.dll
Image Base: 0x76960000  Image Size: 0x0000a000
Checksum:   0x0001268a  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdb3b
File Size:  25600       File Time:  7/13/2009 19:11:24

Module 89
C:\Windows\syswow64\WININET.dll
Image Base: 0x76970000  Image Size: 0x0011b000
Checksum:   0x00121e9a  Time Stamp: 0x4fecf217
File Size:  1129472     File Time:  6/28/2012 18:09:02

Module 90
C:\Windows\syswow64\CFGMGR32.dll
Image Base: 0x76a90000  Image Size: 0x00027000
Checksum:   0x00030928  Time Stamp: 0x4ddb8851
File Size:  145920      File Time:  5/24/2011 04:39:40

Module 91
C:\Windows\syswow64\MSASN1.dll
Image Base: 0x76ac0000  Image Size: 0x0000c000
Checksum:   0x00017de5  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b8c9
File Size:  34304       File Time:  11/20/2010 21:23:50

Module 92
C:\Windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
Image Base: 0x76ad0000  Image Size: 0x00060000
Checksum:   0x0002c2aa  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba53
File Size:  119808      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:26

Module 93
C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
Image Base: 0x76b30000  Image Size: 0x00110000
Checksum:   0x001164fd  Time Stamp: 0x4e211318
File Size:  1114112     File Time:  7/15/2011 22:24:24

Module 94
C:\Windows\syswow64\GDI32.DLL
Image Base: 0x76c40000  Image Size: 0x00090000
Checksum:   0x00059851  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7ba53
File Size:  311296      File Time:  11/20/2010 21:24:16

Module 95
C:\Windows\syswow64\SETUPAPI.dll
Image Base: 0x76cd0000  Image Size: 0x0019d000
Checksum:   0x0019856c  Time Stamp: 0x4ce7b9d9
File Size:  1667584     File Time:  11/20/2010 21:23:52

Module 96
C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Image Base: 0x76ec0000  Image Size: 0x00046000
Checksum:   0x0004bbea  Time Stamp: 0x4e211319
File Size:  272384      File Time:  7/15/2011 22:24:24

Module 97
C:\Windows\syswow64\psapi.dll
Image Base: 0x777a0000  Image Size: 0x00005000
Checksum:   0x0000ccd3  Time Stamp: 0x4a5bdace
File Size:  6144        File Time:  7/13/2009 19:16:14

Module 98
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Image Base: 0x777d0000  Image Size: 0x00180000
Checksum:   0x0014909f  Time Stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
File Size:  1292080     File Time:  11/16/2011 23:38:40

I have not included the stack because it does not fit. If it's required I can email it to you or post it separately. From what I can gleam (having no formal knowledge in coding or the like) the issue seems to be with the engine.dll file. . . which comes with the compmod itself. But I am merely grasping at straws here out of desperation.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:06:24 AM by HammerToast »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #430 on: September 12, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »
I have seen this issue announced several times on this board but I am continually aggravated by the sheer lack of times it has been addressed or fixed.

The problem with this is that Dheu, the creator of the CompMod, hasn't been active here for a long time. But I will make burgermeister aware of it, he included some of the CompMod features in his CQM, maybe he has an idea...

Offline Pyre

• Fledgling
« Reply #431 on: September 12, 2012, 05:14:32 PM »
Plus 1 at Hammer, we're having the same problem.

Offline HammerToast

• Fledgling
« Reply #432 on: September 12, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
The problem with this is that Dheu, the creator of the CompMod, hasn't been active here for a long time. But I will make burgermeister aware of it, he included some of the CompMod features in his CQM, maybe he has an idea...

I did notice that, it happened with the clan quest mod as well however, the issue was instead with Heather though.

Offline HammerToast

• Fledgling
« Reply #433 on: September 14, 2012, 04:41:25 AM »
THE PRECACHE ERROR BUG HAS BEEN SOLVED!!

I still have NO IDEA why this works, but trust me it does.

1. Uninstall and re-install the base game and NOTHING ELSE
2. Start a new game and make it through the opening cut-scene and tutorial (or skip the tutorial) and wait for you to end up in your haven.
3. Exit the game (You don't need to save, but you will need to start a new game anyway so no need to bother.
4. Install compmod*
5. Start a new game, the error should be gone now when you transport your new minions.
6. ???
7. PROFIT

*- BE SURE to install compmod v1.0 AND THEN 1.4 on top of that. The purple texture and "I have no valid reply" is fixed by installing one after the other.

Credit and kudos to Pyre for discovering this fix!

Offline Axoc

• Fledgling
« Reply #434 on: October 04, 2012, 07:57:27 AM »
Firstly, my apologies if this is in the wrong place or there's a solution here somewhere. I've gone through this whole thread looking for a fix, but haven't seen one.

I installed Clan Quest Mod, the Unofficial Patch +, complite, and the arsenal weapons mod. Absolutely no problems, not even a single crash, up until I met Heather.

Right after making it back from the Elizabeth Dane, I decided to test Heather in combat, so I went to the parking garage to do the quest to get the briefcase. I both wanted to test Heather and frankly didn't have the patience (or skills) to sneak through, so we went through killing everything. No problem until close to the end, where Heather would fall down after being hit once, and then could only be damaged by me for five or so shots, at which point, she'd stop having the damage numbers appear over her corpse/body.

After a handful of reloads (to keep Heather alive), I managed to get the briefcase, and then decided to go to the Skyeline apartments. Once I went inside, I noticed a serious problem...EVERY door in the building has a safe floating in the middle of the doorway. The elevator safe can be jumped past, but no other safes in the building. Because of this, I can't enter any of the rooms, either through the elevator OR the ventilation.

Does anyone know what the problems here are with Heather and the door-safes? Is Heather supposed to die after being hit once (to show some sort of health difference between ghouls and vamps, maybe)? Does she basically feign death when too many enemies are nearby? The only reasoning for this (aside from the obvious bug/incorrect installation) that I can think of is that maybe she's weak after being fed from...but I haven't fed from Heather once yet on this character.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:59:13 AM by Axoc »