collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138486 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #405 on: July 30, 2011, 03:02:37 AM »
Rlyeh, the second issue seems to be a random bug.

Wesp, in any case, I'd suggest removing the Elysium from the Santa Monica haven after the bloodhunt. Then characters who didn't get a new haven (if they pissed off LaCroix, or ratted Strauss after the Gargoyle if Tremere) can use the haven to prepare for the next battle. Reload guns, start with a weapon ready, whatever.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #406 on: July 30, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
Then characters who didn't get a new haven (if they pissed off LaCroix, or ratted Strauss after the Gargoyle if Tremere) can use the haven to prepare for the next battle.

I don't know, you could do that right in front of the haven door in the alley. The Elysium is there so you don't attack Jack and notice that he doesn't reac at all.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #407 on: July 31, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »
I was refering to after the bloodhunt, on the taxi ride. If you revisit your haven before the final battles, you are immediately transferred to the taxi, and then from the taxi to the temple or the tower. If your gun is empty, and you buy your ammo from Mercurio, who happens to live in Elysium too, you need some neutral ground to reload your gun, and grab your preferred weapon, so you're ready to face the first wave of temple guards.
And also, if you are playing the plus patch and have Heather saved from the Sabbat, you may want to have a drink from her before you go to the fight as well. Since at that story state (>90), there are no more dialog options to seduce-feed, you have to do it the "hard" way. And that is also prohibited in Elysium.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #408 on: July 31, 2011, 06:38:26 PM »
I was refering to after the bloodhunt, on the taxi ride.

Ah, now I understand. I will fix that for 7.7 :)!

Offline Rlyeh

• Fledgling
    • aftermath.pl
« Reply #409 on: August 02, 2011, 12:04:39 AM »
Some other findings. Pretty self explanatory. In screen with Vandal, I believe it should be "With that "who, me?" stare, (...)". Other medical - silhouette of nothing.
The one at the parking - this time I was just walking by the car.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #410 on: August 02, 2011, 09:10:16 AM »
Some other findings. Pretty self explanatory. In screen with Vandal, I believe it should be "With that "who, me?" stare, (...)"

I fixed that and the .38 issue, which I still have to test.

Other medical - silhouette of nothing.
The one at the parking - this time I was just walking by the car.

I don't get these though, invisible shadows or what is the problem?

Offline Rlyeh

• Fledgling
    • aftermath.pl
« Reply #411 on: August 02, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »
In sm_medical_10006.jpg a shadow is visible, but it's not valid for any thing near. Also I don't buy it's shadow of ventilation bars. It's just my thought.
In sm_hub_10002.jpg however I saw something odd several times. After checking out boot of the car I found tire iron. Didn't equip, as already got this, so tire iron was left in boot. Then, as I was passing by the car some time later, the text "You already have this weapon (Tire iron)" appeared. Fine, but shouldn't it appear when looking directly on item, or at least had this boot opened?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #412 on: August 02, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »
In sm_medical_10006.jpg a shadow is visible, but it's not valid for any thing near. Also I don't buy it's shadow of ventilation bars. It's just my thought.

That's the shadow of the machine inside the nearby room. It's obviously a rendering bug that only appears when shadows are set to complex. Use soft!

Fine, but shouldn't it appear when looking directly on item, or at least had this boot opened?

Maybe it's kind of auto-pickup when you are near. Like with the ammo for weapons you own.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:46:49 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Mammalsauce

• Fledgling
« Reply #413 on: August 19, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »
The radio on Santa Monica's beach can't be turned off, and trying to do so will instead play two pieces of music at the same time.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #414 on: August 20, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »
The radio on Santa Monica's beach can't be turned off, and trying to do so will instead play two pieces of music at the same time.

The first thing is actually intended, it's not your radio after all, but the second does not happen to me. Do you see a radio symbol?

Offline Mammalsauce

• Fledgling
« Reply #415 on: August 21, 2011, 02:40:20 AM »
The first thing is actually intended, it's not your radio after all, but the second does not happen to me. Do you see a radio symbol?
No. Could the radio be turned on/off in vanilla? I just looked at it and press E to turn it on. I think it would be more appropriate if the new/unused music came from the radio rather than being played as a universal background track, anyway.

Some other 'bugs':

There is no sound effect for punching glass or one-shotting the zombies in the plague mansion.

In the SM sabbat warehouse mission, the music switches at several places between the stealthy theme and a new/unimplemented track (called 'The Prince's Dream' in the game rip I have), and a few places that trigger the track to start over. It should probably stick to one or the other for consistency and less repetition. The stealthy theme segues nicely into its combat variation, but the same combat theme doesn't fit very well with the unused track. I think the unused track would be appropriate both in combat and otherwise.

Something similar happens in the SM sewers, switching between the hub theme and a creepy ambient one at a few points.

Bumping into wooden ammo crates breaks obfuscate.

Something in the haunted house is causing the music to cut out shortly after entering every time. In the basement, the white noise ambient track doesn't seem to loop.

Carrying enough items to put them on the right side of the inventory screen causes will display duplicates. The last item on the left side will also appear as the first item on the right. If it's a stackable item, the left side will show 1/10 and the right will show 1.

The ceiling grate in the SM hospital's top floor CS room has no climbability.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #416 on: August 21, 2011, 11:50:56 AM »
No. Could the radio be turned on/off in vanilla? I just looked at it and press E to turn it on.

This doesn't work on my system and it shouldn't because that radio is no dynamic object.

I think it would be more appropriate if the new/unused music came from the radio rather than being played as a universal background track, anyway.

But the new music is instrumental and all radio or club music pieces are songs!

There is no sound effect for punching glass or one-shotting the zombies in the plague mansion.

If you mean breaking glass windows, there is indeed a sound. Also with the UP it is not possible anymore to one-shotting plaque victims, because these are no zombies in the first place.

Something similar happens in the SM sewers, switching between the hub theme and a creepy ambient one at a few points.

I don't think I can do anything about this, because it's up to the player to when the tracks will merge...

Bumping into wooden ammo crates breaks obfuscate.

Isn't this like it is supposed to be with Obfuscate?

Something in the haunted house is causing the music to cut out shortly after entering every time. In the basement, the white noise ambient track doesn't seem to loop.

I think both is intended, because the Ocean House lives a lot from surprising sound effects which probably would be drowned by continuous music or noise in the background.

Carrying enough items to put them on the right side of the inventory screen causes will display duplicates.

Sorry, I can't change anything about the rather buggy inventory system...

The ceiling grate in the SM hospital's top floor CS room has no climbability.

I guess this is intended, even when I change it to climable it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:53:03 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Mammalsauce

• Fledgling
« Reply #417 on: August 21, 2011, 09:18:12 PM »
This doesn't work on my system and it shouldn't because that radio is no dynamic object.
My mistake, it seems that the radio is on by default.
But the new music is instrumental and all radio or club music pieces are songs!
What I meant was it was not the right decision to add a piece of music to a place that already had one in-universe without changing it. Loud universal music does not suit the beach at all.
If you mean breaking glass windows, there is indeed a sound. Also with the UP it is not possible anymore to one-shotting plaque victims, because these are no zombies in the first place.
Then I'm not hearing it anyway. Go to a really wide window where your fist won't hit the wall on accident, then jump and punch, see if that works. Not really a big deal either way.

What I mean by one-shotting, which it was still possible to do in the latest unofficial patch, was with melee weapons (fire ax and katana-like ones at least, maybe all of them) aim a little to the top right of their head and they'll noiselessly explode into pink meat chunks and ribs. The only sound is that of your weapon swinging in the air.
I don't think I can do anything about this, because it's up to the player to when the tracks will merge...
You can't make the region play one track, or delete the object/scripts that change them at specific (and consistent) points?
Isn't this like it is supposed to be with Obfuscate?
No. Every level of obfuscate that lets you move explicitly says it will fail if you touch a person. It does display "Level XX obfuscate failed: bumped object" in the corner of the screen, but I really think they mean person, considering every other object can be not just touched, but interacted with using level 5 obfuscate. This includes these same crates - you can remain invisible and open them up and take out their contents with the E key, just not touch them with your body.
I think both is intended, because the Ocean House lives a lot from surprising sound effects which probably would be drowned by continuous music or noise in the background.
Perhaps, I still question why music plays at all then. The particular track that starts to play isn't very obtrusive in the first place, and its absence when it cut out is really noticeable.

Some more bugs:

GAMEBREAKING: At Johnny's club, after speaking to him and the Mandarin, if you sneak out of the map before killing him (might have to do it without killing anyone or being detected) then return and do it, the Mandarin does not address you, despite being on the screen. You can talk to the screen and he disappears during dialog then reappears once it's over. You do not receive the quest Come Into My Parlor and the game can not be progressed.

The weeping female ghouls at Grout's mansion cannot be stealth killed.

If you attempt to quicksave while feeding, it says "Cannot save while frenzying" - any way to fix this without messing up the frenzy message?

At Ground 0, the locked door in the back area that skips you right to the room with the second part of the tape (has a red shirt guy getting slaughtered in it), if you pick the lock, it scrolls the camera back to somewhere in the lobby.

At Andrei's house at King's Way, there are floating curtains all over the place! If you experience this bug it should be pretty obvious.

In Nosferatu warrens, in the section you have to pick up a barrel and throw it into the thresher to climb into the pipe above it, there are three holes in the ground that drop you into three tanks. Two of them are full of water, the one you are supposed to fall into is empty. But, you can still fall into the other two, and the water stops at the bottom so you have to jump to swim out. One of them can even be opened from the inside, which should conceivably flood the next room. I think these holes should be made inaccessible with a grate.

The 'electrical room' sign in the Warrens room with the pump in it disappears unless you are looking at it from almost straight on.

At Giovanni mansion, using the persuasion skill to convince Victor and Maria to leave (results in Maria vomiting up blood) has them run up to a limo and stand there interminably rather than leaving... then you can repeat the same conversation with Victor over and over.

If you kill all the zombies in the Giovanni crypt (in the circular area with the collapsing grates, right before the area where you fight the brothers) and go back to the room where Nadia is cowering and crying, all the zombies will be frozen in place until you kill them and they respawn, and Nadia will be gone, but still audible.

At Society of Leopold, there is a polygon seam in the tall rock in front of you where you spawn, that doesn't properly connect to the ground.

A female NPC at Glaze doesn't appear correctly. She is wearing purple and a visor. Her textures and features disappear from even a moderate distance.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #418 on: August 22, 2011, 02:07:52 PM »
My mistake, it seems that the radio is on by default.

Exactly. There wasn't background music at the pier due to a typo, but setting it to play from the radio doesn't sound right. I will tone the background music down a bit for 7.8...

Then I'm not hearing it anyway. Go to a really wide window where your fist won't hit the wall on accident, then jump and punch, see if that works.

Are we talking about breakable windows here or background windows? If you mean the later, there is no dedicated surface glass sound and I wouldn't know how to add one. If you mean the former, there is a problem with the hit detection of glass and you will often strike through it. If you hit, you hear the correct sound.

What I mean by one-shotting, which it was still possible to do in the latest unofficial patch, was with melee weapons (fire ax and katana-like ones at least, maybe all of them) aim a little to the top right of their head and they'll noiselessly explode into pink meat chunks and ribs.

Strange, this is indeed still possible although I tried to remove it in the UP. But there is no sound error shown, so there probably is no sound planned for this and again, I wouldn't know how to add one.

You can't make the region play one track, or delete the object/scripts that change them at specific (and consistent) points?

I haven't yet done a lot with Bloodlines music so this could probably be possible, but what I meant was that whether the track is at a monent where it blends into another one better or not is up to the player.

No. Every level of obfuscate that lets you move explicitly says it will fail if you touch a person.

As I can't change the obfuscate touch detection, I changed the description to mention the containers.

Perhaps, I still question why music plays at all then. The particular track that starts to play isn't very obtrusive in the first place, and its absence when it cut out is really noticeable.

No idea, to make the silence more profound? The sound schemes are disabled on purpose and are only activated on certain conditions.

GAMEBREAKING: At Johnny's club, after speaking to him and the Mandarin, if you sneak out of the map before killing him (might have to do it without killing anyone or being detected) then return and do it, the Mandarin does not address you, despite being on the screen.

Who would do something stupid like this ;)? Nevertheless this worked fine in my game, because the only necessary trigger is Johny's death, the time is not important.

The weeping female ghouls at Grout's mansion cannot be stealth killed.

No problem in my game...

If you attempt to quicksave while feeding, it says "Cannot save while frenzying" - any way to fix this without messing up the frenzy message?

I renamed it to "Cannot save at this time", which is already used elsewhere.

At Ground 0, the locked door in the back area that skips you right to the room with the second part of the tape (has a red shirt guy getting slaughtered in it), if you pick the lock, it scrolls the camera back to somewhere in the lobby.

That doesn't happen on my system. We are talking about the door to the room where the tape is, right?

At Andrei's house at King's Way, there are floating curtains all over the place!

Not in my game. Did you per chance continue an old saved game after patching?

I think these holes should be made inaccessible with a grate.

I did only find one open pipe, but I blocked it with a barrel.

The 'electrical room' sign in the Warrens room with the pump in it disappears unless you are looking at it from almost straight on.

Not in my game.

At Giovanni mansion, using the persuasion skill to convince Victor and Maria to leave (results in Maria vomiting up blood) has them run up to a limo and stand there interminably rather than leaving... then you can repeat the same conversation with Victor over and over.

Fixed!

If you kill all the zombies in the Giovanni crypt (in the circular area with the collapsing grates, right before the area where you fight the brothers) and go back to the room where Nadia is cowering and crying, all the zombies will be frozen in place until you kill them and they respawn, and Nadia will be gone, but still audible.

Which zombies do you mean? Shouldn't they all be dead?

At Society of Leopold, there is a polygon seam in the tall rock in front of you where you spawn, that doesn't properly connect to the ground.

Fixed!

A female NPC at Glaze doesn't appear correctly. She is wearing purple and a visor. Her textures and features disappear from even a moderate distance.

This girl isn't there at all on my system. What patch are you using?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:22:15 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Mammalsauce

• Fledgling
« Reply #419 on: August 22, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
Exactly. There wasn't background music at the pier due to a typo, but setting it to play from the radio doesn't sound right. I will tone the background music down a bit for 7.8...
You should probably turn the radio off as well, it sounds tacky having both play at once. What was the original beach music supposed to be?

Are we talking about breakable windows here or background windows? If you mean the later, there is no dedicated surface glass sound and I wouldn't know how to add one. If you mean the former, there is a problem with the hit detection of glass and you will often strike through it. If you hit, you hear the correct sound.
Specifically, the wide ones at the beach house that can be broken.
I haven't yet done a lot with Bloodlines music so this could probably be possible, but what I meant was that whether the track is at a monent where it blends into another one better or not is up to the player.
What you can do however is change the battle track to something that isn't obviously supposed to segue smoothly from something very quiet and gentle when the replacement normal music is loud with lots of percussion.

That doesn't happen on my system. We are talking about the door to the room where the tape is, right?
Yes... might just be a random fuck up.
I did only find one open pipe, but I blocked it with a barrel.
The other one (the middle one) isn't accessible from the top, but the tank can be opened from underneath, and if you look up you see water.
Which zombies do you mean? Shouldn't they all be dead?
The infinitely spawning ones in the room Nadia leads you into.
This girl isn't there at all on my system. What patch are you using?