collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 143972 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
I don't see how that is more of a bug then haveing infinite skill books able to be bought at the store after just selling one, and it has much less of an impact on the game overall.

I see a difference in that to use the book exploit you would need to read about it somewhere on the internet. Killing the claw brother with one strike just takes some ignorance and a single mouse click ;). Also already the asian vampire in SM is immune to Possession so why should the more powerfull claw brother should be not? I guess Troika wanted to have both brothers fight each other for fun, but when this didn't work, they disabled Berserk and just forgot to disable Possession.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:07:34 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Lunaraia

• Fledgling
« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »
actually i found out the book exploit by selling a book by accident, still suit yourself

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2011, 04:55:46 AM »
I'm not interested in any insta-kill options; but I thought I'd throw this in.  There's no need to read about the book exploit on the internet.  I still remember the vanilla game, buying the computer book in the pawnshop, and being able to buy it again later, after I used it and it was out of my inventory.  It only took a small amount of experimentation to find out I could sell the other books and buy them back.  Most of the low- to mid-level books can be used twice.

At the time, I didn't even think of this as an exploit... there is no way the beta testers for this game could have missed the fact you could buy the computer book twice from Trip.  Even if you can't benefit from it anymore, it's still in his store inventory.  So I assumed it was done on purpose.  I can understand some modders taking out the option of buying and selling skill books.  But I don't think that was a 'bug'.
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

Offline G-Flex

• Fledgling
« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
I don't see how that is more of a bug then haveing infinite skill books able to be bought at the store after just selling one, and it has much less of an impact on the game overall.

I see a difference in that to use the book exploit you would need to read about it somewhere on the internet. Killing the claw brother with one strike just takes some ignorance and a single mouse click ;). Also already the asian vampire in SM is immune to Possession so why should the more powerfull claw brother should be not? I guess Troika wanted to have both brothers fight each other for fun, but when this didn't work, they disabled Berserk and just forgot to disable Possession.

This reminds me: Possession seems to have fairly odd effects on certain supernatural creatures. On some (the Tzimisce crawlydudes, whatever you call those, the ones in the mansion and during the fight with Andrei), it just causes damage with seemingly no other effects. On others (e.g. the big bloated Tzimisce creations with the skull-hands that throw menacing Ghostbuster slime at you), no damage is caused, and they get an odd white aura... but don't seem too interested in attacking your enemies, and like to sort of walk around and watch you without attacking much, after which they die (which seems to be as intended, except they don't like to attack other creatures). On yet others (some vampires?), it does nothing at all.

Rather confusing!

Offline SinBite

• Fledgling
« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
Big thanx  :smile:

In Reply To #1 and Monitor frequency out of range issue:

After finding the answers to these issues was able to begin playing my installed copy of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Best regards
SinBite :vampsmile:
"My invitation was open to anyone. To the whore at my side... to the pimp that followed... but it was a vampire that accepted." Louis de Pointe du Lac: Interview with the Vampire (1994)

Offline DeathVaporizer

• Fledgling
« Reply #395 on: July 17, 2011, 06:06:27 AM »
Problem # 1 :The game keeps erasing my saved game files each time I leave the game.

Problem # 2 :It also make the introduction logos invisible vanish but I can still hear the usual introduction sounds, and I eventualy arrive at the menu after skipping each introduction little movie(click 4 times), wied but not too problematic. Might be because I got an old Sony 17' monitor.

Problem #3 : on top of that I got all blurry grahpics.

I got a
Dell XPS 8300 Intell Core i5-2400 CPU with 3.10Ghz(quad) with 6 gig of Ram and windows 7 64 bits. Card is a AMD Radeon HD6670

My computer is literaly new, I mean I got it from Dell this week...

Please help, I really like that game and would like to use questmod as well, but if I cant keep my saved game files this becomes really troublesome.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:16:14 PM by DeathVaporizer »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #396 on: July 17, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
Problem # 1 :The game keeps erasing my saved game files each time I leave the game.

No idea about that, you might need to start the game as an administrator

Problem # 2 :It also make the introduction logos invisible vanish but I can still hear the usual introduction sounds, and I eventualy arrive at the menu after skipping each introduction little movie(click 4 times), wied but not too problematic. Might be because I got an old Sony 17' monitor.

That's common, just rename the movie folder and they are gone for good.

Problem #3 : on top of that I got all blurry grahpics.

This is because you have too much RAM, install the unofficial patch to fix it!

Offline DeathVaporizer

• Fledgling
« Reply #397 on: July 17, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »
Thanks for the advices. I fixed the saved files mysteriously dissapearing by myself, apparently I just had to run the game in 'vista' mode for that. Would you recommend getting questmod which already contain the unofficial patch, or just the unofficial patch? And once I install the unofficial patch or any other add-on, may I continue to play my old saved files? (I just have the official patch 1.2 installed right now).

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #398 on: July 17, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »
Would you recommend getting questmod which already contain the unofficial patch, or just the unofficial patch?

I would recommend starting with the unofficial patch 7.6b only, because old saved games and different mods are not compatible. You can then play the Clan Quest mod after it has been updated to the latest patch version.

Offline DeathVaporizer

• Fledgling
« Reply #399 on: July 17, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
Thanks for your support, Wesp, I'll try that and notify you if there is still someting wrong after this.

Offline Draziel

• Fledgling
« Reply #400 on: July 18, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Hey,

Kudos for all the great work you've done!

I have a small problem, one that someone else already posted here. In Downtown, at the "Carnival of Death", when I find the second crime scene, the one with that hobo there, after I talk to the hobo, I get stuck, my character moves out of the way but the hobo stays put and I can no longer move. I get a "hobo_cower is selected as the Next Script but cannot be removed from queue" error.

Using UP7.6b on a fresh install, and a new game started with this version.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #401 on: July 19, 2011, 02:26:44 AM »
I have a small problem, one that someone else already posted here. In Downtown, at the "Carnival of Death", when I find the second crime scene, the one with that hobo there, after I talk to the hobo, I get stuck, my character moves out of the way but the hobo stays put and I can no longer move.

That is a know random bug that can't be fixed. Try ALT-TAB out and in again, if this doesn't help open the console and type "camera_kill" and "frenzyplayer".

Offline Rlyeh

• Fledgling
    • aftermath.pl
« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »
Hey,

Didn't know where to put this, if it's useless, just delete.

By the way, thanks for patch.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #403 on: July 27, 2011, 09:18:18 AM »
Didn't know where to put this, if it's useless, just delete.

I fixed the first issue, thanks, but I can't figure out the second one. What happened? Did the symbols stay after the Masquerade warning text was gone?

Offline Rlyeh

• Fledgling
    • aftermath.pl
« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2011, 11:50:13 AM »
Hi,

Yes, exactly - "placeholder" apparently did stay after text disappear. I wasn't able to reproduce this error (just tried a moment ago).