collapse

* Notice

Important notice (08 January 2021): PlanetVampire was staked for the last three days due to a failing disk. We have risen again on new hardware! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 180516 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #960 on: December 20, 2019, 10:48:15 pm »
Ah ok. But I couldn't talk to the cabbie. How can I get back?

That was indeed a bug of 10.5 RC 4 which is already fixed in RC 5!

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #961 on: December 21, 2020, 12:30:27 am »
Perhaps this is just a bug on my part but while gang members are fighting in downtown any attack made on them by me does't change their behavior, they still go after and attack each other and ignore me completely.

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #962 on: December 21, 2020, 10:26:25 am »
Perhaps this is just a bug on my part but while gang members are fighting in downtown any attack made on them by me does't change their behavior, they still go after and attack each other and ignore me completely.

I just tested it and I don't seem to have this issue. If I attack one of them, they act scared and run away from me. (Which seems a little strange, since the one with the pistol could have at least tried to take a shot at the player before giving up and running away. I thought it used to work that way, but I could be wrong or it could be random.) I am not using the latest version of the patch though. I have been messing around with the files and will need to restore my backup before applying the new patch.

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #963 on: December 21, 2020, 12:28:14 pm »
I just tested it and I don't seem to have this issue. If I attack one of them, they act scared and run away from me. (Which seems a little strange, since the one with the pistol could have at least tried to take a shot at the player before giving up and running away. I thought it used to work that way, but I could be wrong or it could be random.) I am not using the latest version of the patch though. I have been messing around with the files and will need to restore my backup before applying the new patch.
i once asked Malkav about the gangs and as i understand they act differently in each game, right now in my game some are attacking and chasing some others that are fleeing which is very cool, but i think the reaction of gang members depends on their current state, is your game is similar to mine right now? or they like just standing or something.
Edit:i did some more testing and here are results:
attacked one gang member while he was on idle mode, he ran away and while he got some distance he shoot at me with his pistol.
attacked another gang member which was afraid for some reason and was running, he kept running and ignored me.
attacked another idle gang member he draws his knife and then just runs away, similar to gang member fights which a guy has a knife and is just running away from others.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 06:49:17 pm by tarulu »

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #964 on: December 24, 2020, 04:11:41 pm »
I ran into some other problems while playing around. i am using console to open downtown map so this might be cause of some of them.
1-sometimes while attacking thugs in downtown map they draw their weapon and go in alert mode saying who's there? but no matter how many times i hit them,they don't notice. this doesn't always happen with the thugs but it always does happen with Fat Larry. i guess this must be something that happens when you use console.
2-Reload button loads the latest save file not the current save file which it should do! i guess this one is hard coded however.
3-Bartender and Venus never cower when you start killing people in their club. they have no reaction to what is happening.
4-Patty always disappears after reaching the turnstile. Not sure if this is intended.
5-In Empire Arms Hotel Dance Floor the music is buggy, it would stop if you look at certain directions, i remember having the same problem in older versions of patch so it shouldn't be related to using console. i guess the sound source is not placed correctly in map.
6-This one is something that maybe DDLullu can fix, it's not really important anyway but when people are using public phones in street they don't have any phone in hand.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 04:52:32 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #965 on: December 24, 2020, 05:02:14 pm »
2-Reload button loads the latest save file not the current save file which it should do!
What do you mean by Reload button and latest save file and current save file?

3-Bartender and Venus never cower when you start killing people in their club. they have no reaction to what is happening.
On my system they start running around in panic if they are hurt. I think the AI reaction is depending on distance.

4-Patty always disappears after reaching the turnstile. Not sure if this is intended.
This is intended so she doesn't get stuck there.

5-In Empire Arms Hotel Dance Floor the music is buggy, it would stop if you look at certain directions...
The music is on top of the stage which is fine, but it seems to be a general Bloodlines problem that you don't really get a middle channel, so often sounds are louder when you have one ear towards their origin!

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #966 on: December 24, 2020, 05:14:14 pm »
What do you mean by Reload button and latest save file and current save file?
So for example i  went to pier and did a manual save and then went out and there was a auto save there. now i go load and play the manual save but each time i reload, the game loads not the manual one but the auto save, meaning the game doesn't understand what save file you are playing and ignores it for reload function, it just reloads the last save file.
On my system they start running around in panic if they are hurt. I think the AI reaction is depending on distance.
hmmm
This is intended so she doesn't get stuck there.
Got it btw the Turnstile looks much smoother now.
The music is on top of the stage which is fine, but it seems to be a general Bloodlines problem that you don't really get a middle channel, so often sounds are louder when you have one ear towards their origin!
Well problem is music stops, volume does change when you are in certain position but it can also totally stop. would it be possible to add more sound sources? so you can hear it from several sides.
do you have any comment on thugs reaction which i mentioned in previous posts?would be possible to fix them so if they are aggressive to others they also be to you if you attack them.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #967 on: December 24, 2020, 11:19:37 pm »
now i go load and play the manual save but each time i reload, the game loads not the manual one but the auto save, meaning the game doesn't understand what save file you are playing and ignores it for reload function, it just reloads the last save file.
You mean reload in case you die? I think it always takes the last save then, how should it know from which save you started? If you want to load a manual save you need to select it. I myself almost only ever use quick saves...

Well problem is music stops, volume does change when you are in certain position but it can also totally stop. would it be possible to add more sound sources?
I would suspect that the music would then overlap and not sound synchron.

do you have any comment on thugs reaction which i mentioned in previous posts?
I checked it out and you are right, only the cops attack you, the gangs don't and the parking lot guard doesn't either. I could fix this but it would also mean that everybody playing the game wouldn't be able to update without starting a new game as the downtown hub would be affected.

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #968 on: December 24, 2020, 11:24:24 pm »
You mean reload in case you die? I think it always takes the last save then, how should it know from which save you started? If you want to load a manual save you need to select it. I myself almost only ever use quick saves...
No! if you press Esc there is already a reload button there which you can choose, and it will reload the last save instead of current save.
I would suspect that the music would then overlap and not sound synchron.
Yeah i guess, that can also happen.
I checked it out and you are right, only the cops attack you, the gangs don't and the parking lot guard doesn't either. I could fix this but it would also mean that everybody playing the game wouldn't be able to update without starting a new game as the downtown hub would be affected.
Yes, the parking guard one i forgot, Fat Larry doesn't attack me too, but maybe that's because of console cheat.
By effect do you mean this is some map related problem? i don't understand that.
So what's the solution? manual update maybe by each player?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #969 on: December 24, 2020, 11:58:36 pm »
No! if you press Esc there is already a reload button there which you can choose, and it will reload the last save instead of current save.
Ah, I never used that! But I think it's fine as it is, if you forgot to save for a time, it's better to start at the last save than the one you made yourself hours ago.

So what's the solution? manual update maybe by each player?
No, I fixed it because it looks much better when they fight back. There will probably be other fixes in 10.8 final that need people to start a new game anyway :)!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:03:00 am by Wesp5 »

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #970 on: December 25, 2020, 12:13:42 am »
Ahh, i forgot one more problem! this is related to patch extras folder, some of Concept Arts like those in Locations folder won't show up in Windows Photo Viewer, i don't why but they work fine if i open them in browsers.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:07:21 am by Wesp5 »

Offline edx

• Fledgling
« Reply #971 on: January 02, 2021, 01:53:08 am »
Finishing a run with the latest version of the 10.8 patch (RC6), and experienced just a minor issue, mentioning it just in case. Siding with the anarchs, I ask Nines for his grenade and the item granted message appeared, but I couldn't find it anywhere in my inventory (melee, firearms or general inventory)

Am I missing something?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #972 on: January 02, 2021, 11:07:35 am »
Ahh, i forgot one more problem! this is related to patch extras folder, some of Concept Arts like those in Locations folder won't show up in Windows Photo Viewer, i don't why but they work fine if i open them in browsers.
I know, but I have no idea on how to fix that. Maybe I could try resaving them with Paint.Net, hmmm...
P.S.: I just checked all of them with the Windows 10 default photo app and they display fine, so it must have been a Windows 7 photo viewer specific problem...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #973 on: January 02, 2021, 11:10:51 am »
Am I missing something?
Ye, it's in the thrown weapon inventory section that you might have not defined a key to. I think the default key is F5 or F6...

Offline edx

• Fledgling
« Reply #974 on: January 02, 2021, 11:36:39 am »
Ah, thank you, there it is! I can access with F5.

I was using the interface arrows to move through the sections in the inventory, and that one didn't show up when doing it that way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal