collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 132993 times)

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #945 on: May 18, 2019, 07:06:04 PM »
Ah, and I already started to think how to increase jump height in the cases like this...  By the way, vampires really can't jump more-less high enough in this game which is kinda weird, they're a vampires after all.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #946 on: May 18, 2019, 08:18:36 PM »
Ah, and I already started to think how to increase jump height in the cases like this...

I think now that you see the gap it's possible to jump it with the right timing!

By the way, vampires really can't jump more-less high enough in this game which is kinda weird, they're a vampires after all.

Actually Troika implemented an Athletics stat to make the player run faster and jump higher, but it was cut. We could in theory bring the effects back, but you wouldn't see it on the character screen and a lot of maps would need to be reworked to avoid jumping to places you mustn't go.

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #947 on: May 18, 2019, 09:31:57 PM »
I suspected something like that. But simple sprint would be great, especially in Downtown with lots of running overthere-overhere.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #948 on: May 19, 2019, 06:12:23 AM »
I was thinking a bit of the unused stats

- Athlethics, as the game was released and what can be modded, should only change the speed up (without going to the point of the cheat sv_runscale used at values higher than 6. Like a pinball), maybe add very slightly armor dexterity bonuses.

If the game could had implemented the jumping feature the maps would have been totally different. Several alternative routs on the missions, many of the locations access from the hub would have been on different places.... And fighting would have been more acrobatic, like the foxy boxes kuei jin.

- Animal Ken, other than making the very few dogs more docile, can "attract", in the sense of the game spawn, more rats in their areas. A really stupid possibility can be, at higher levels, to make the tzimisce creations be less aggressive (their brains must have been devolved to a more efficent level).

- Occult, it was a really cunning idea adapt it into Academics. If this can also be done for the other two (like in stamina and charisma) it would be perfect.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:24:08 AM by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #949 on: May 19, 2019, 07:58:43 AM »

- Athlethics, as the game was released and what can be modded, should only change the speed up (without going to the point of the cheat sv_runscale used at values higher than 6. Like a pinball), maybe add very slightly armor dexterity bonuses.
A speed bonus must be applied very carefulyy not to devaluate Celerity.
And how would you implement a bonus to armor? Removing the Dex penalty is tricky because the max penalty is -2.

If the game could had implemented the jumping feature the maps would have been totally different. Several alternative routs on the missions, many of the locations access from the hub would have been on different places.... And fighting would have been more acrobatic, like the foxy boxes kuei jin.

- Animal Ken, other than making the very few dogs more docile, can "attract", in the sense of the game spawn, more rats in their areas. A really stupid possibility can be, at higher levels, to make the tzimisce creations be less aggressive (their brains must have been devolved to a more efficent level).
There are too few animals (and even less interaction with them) to make animal ken a useful trait. As for rats not running away, this is not very interesting and I'd rather pin it to animalism.
And I wouldn't use animal ken on the Tzimisce creatures. First they never were animals. And more importantly, the transformation surely has tortured them beyond all reason, so you could compare them only to rabid animals on which the skill wouldn't work either.

- Occult, it was a really cunning idea adapt it into Academics. If this can also be done for the other two (like in stamina and charisma) it would be perfect.
Adding occult to academics is certainly a valid idea, but imo misses Wesps point for doing so. Most characters have high research feats anyway because they want to read the books and persuasion is one of the most important feats in the game. So most people never actually see the funny texts for low occult knowledge because they immediately identify the items.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #950 on: May 19, 2019, 09:59:08 AM »
So most people never actually see the funny texts for low occult knowledge because they immediately identify the items.

Actually I think most do because the identifying script is erratic and often only triggers on the next map ;). I agree to the rest of what you wrote though!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #951 on: May 19, 2019, 11:01:23 AM »

A speed bonus must be applied very carefulyy not to devaluate Celerity.
And how would you implement a bonus to armor? Removing the Dex penalty is tricky because the max penalty is -2.

There are too few animals (and even less interaction with them) to make animal ken a useful trait. As for rats not running away, this is not very interesting and I'd rather pin it to animalism.
And I wouldn't use animal ken on the Tzimisce creatures. First they never were animals. And more importantly, the transformation surely has tortured them beyond all reason, so you could compare them only to rabid animals on which the skill wouldn't work either.

Adding occult to academics is certainly a valid idea, but imo misses Wesps point for doing so. Most characters have high research feats anyway because they want to read the books and persuasion is one of the most important feats in the game. So most people never actually see the funny texts for low occult knowledge because they immediately identify the items.

So most people never actually see the funny texts for low occult knowledge because they immediately identify the items.

Actually I think most do because the identifying script is erratic and often only triggers on the next map ;). I agree to the rest of what you wrote though!

Exactly, the more these are taken in consideration the more those appear pointless. It's a lost cause :razz:  like I said, if the game was designed with more appropriate elements (even cutted out but still present in the files) then it makes sense their implementation
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline adyy78

• Fledgling
« Reply #952 on: June 05, 2019, 04:22:39 PM »
Hi.

I've found a bug,and nothing how to fix it,i haven't even found mentioned anywhere.

i play it on pc,win 7 no other problems so far.

After i killed the sabbat leaders(the mac victoria and hazel) i go out the door and the eastern vampire lady shows up starting the dialog that is automaticly starts when you leave the mansion of the malkavian proginy that has been killed by the hunter guy.After that, EVERYTHING has be reset, locations,quests,everything,except i can use the cab.

Please help.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #953 on: June 05, 2019, 05:12:26 PM »
After i killed the sabbat leaders(the mac victoria and hazel) i go out the door and the eastern vampire lady shows up starting the dialog that is automaticly starts when you leave the mansion of the malkavian proginy that has been killed by the hunter guy.

This sounds as if you are playing the CQM, so you better post this in the CQM mod setting or even should contact the creator himself.

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #954 on: June 05, 2019, 07:40:13 PM »
After i killed the sabbat leaders(the mac victoria and hazel) i go out the door and the eastern vampire lady shows up starting the dialog that is automaticly starts when you leave the mansion of the malkavian proginy that has been killed by the hunter guy.

This sounds as if you are playing the CQM, so you better post this in the CQM mod setting or even should contact the creator himself.

Yes, definitely the new Eastern L.A. hub in CQM. All this characters are from there.