collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 155454 times)

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #930 on: May 11, 2019, 10:51:27 AM »
Did you try with Presence level 4 or 5? If I remember correctly this happens at high levels of Presence.

No, but I can't imagine that Presence is connected at all, maybe...

The other thing that comes to my mind is that this could be a problem similar to the one with Nadia - I mean that there could be some problem with the activation of a script for the second group.

... something like that, although I never heard that before happening there.

I found this bug when I was testing how to save Zhao with every one of the clans. He refuses to stay away from the windows so the PC have to attract almost all the fire and survive and that's why I tested different disciplines and stamina. The bug occurred only when I was using Presence level 4 or 5 (I didn't try with level 3 or lower) with all the three clans who has it. The Presence as you said shouldn't effect the second wave but I could only speculate that it suppress their senses (or have effect on Tong) because their are two close and this prevents the script to be activated.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #931 on: May 11, 2019, 02:55:25 PM »
The bug occurred only when I was using Presence level 4 or 5 (I didn't try with level 3 or lower) with all the three clans who has it.

I can confirm this and weird enough, I noticed that some Tong run away when being affected and just disappear, so the counter for the second wave gets messed up! As I have no idea on how to fix this, I at least made the game correctly acknowledge whether Zhao is still alive or not.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:57:00 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #932 on: May 11, 2019, 07:16:15 PM »
I at least made the game correctly acknowledge whether Zhao is still alive or not.

Thanks, Wesp. This fix is more than welcome. After all the saving of Zhao is not an easy task and sometimes the player have to try it several times. The Presence bug is nevertheless annoying but not that important to fix - the 3 clans have other ways to do it and players rarely use Presence.

Offline edx

• Fledgling
« Reply #933 on: May 13, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »
Hi, first time posting, just finished a playthrough using the 10.3 plus patch and wanted to report a minor bug concerning the quest log.

After finishing the Sarcophagus quest and getting the Hell at the Hallowbrook Hotel quest, I decided to travel back to the Giovanni Mansion, as I have avoided the Bruno fight and wanted to see if I could still trigger it.

Did it, beat him, and my quest log updated reactivating the The Epic of the Ankaran Sarcophagus quest claiming that I had killed Bruno but I still needed to deliver the sarcophagus to the prince.

So both quests appeared as active (didn't notice it affecting anything, went back to the prince, he was still in the "wipe the sabbat" dialogue, the sarcophagus was there, etc), but I rolled back just in case to a previous save.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #934 on: May 14, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
Small update on the missing lines search: talking to the dane cop apparently when a female npc tries to seduce him he wouldn't have told you just "take it easy lois lane, remember I'm a cop" (the line 61 used also is you try to intimidate him) but he would have said something like "I see now how you got your job, floozy". I was curious and searched on the game files and, surprise, there wasn't the audio file of that line (the 51). No idea on why
(And for the records, I've checked the courier audio files and that line is present, and from now on I'll double check any discovery)

:)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #935 on: May 14, 2019, 11:39:07 PM »
He also never says "Yo, lady, overhere" to a female character even though there's the sound file for this line, always "pally, overhere".

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #936 on: May 15, 2019, 04:31:46 AM »
Really? And now I have to make a triple checking? Jesus fuck! :razz:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #937 on: May 15, 2019, 07:30:37 AM »
Is there something like a  scheme like that one with music, ambience, etc just for voices? Once I fixed few insane female patients in Grout's mansion who were laughing with a male insane laughs, but I don't remember how, at all, that was quite a while ago.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #938 on: May 15, 2019, 08:47:07 AM »
Did it, beat him, and my quest log updated reactivating the The Epic of the Ankaran Sarcophagus quest claiming that I had killed Bruno but I still needed to deliver the sarcophagus to the prince.

Ah, I never thought anyone would do this. Fixed!

P.S.: I also restored the Dane cop female line and another that wasn't audible. As for the laughter at Grout's Mansion, I thought one of the last patches should have fixed that as there are no voice sound schemes, only sound_groups called in the maps or NPC templates...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:35:12 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #939 on: May 15, 2019, 09:29:28 PM »
Interesting... spoke to Killpatrick and activated "A Bounty for the Hunter" again.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #940 on: May 16, 2019, 08:21:25 AM »
Interesting... spoke to Killpatrick and activated "A Bounty for the Hunter" again.

Can you be more specific and tell me which line retriggered the quest? Because the quests in your screenshot are actually different ones.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:26:15 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #941 on: May 16, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
It happens like this:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #942 on: May 16, 2019, 12:22:27 PM »
It happens like this:

Thanks, I hope I have fixed that now...

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Ancillus
« Reply #943 on: May 18, 2019, 05:19:35 PM »
Bad wehrwolf. He usually did it outside before.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #944 on: May 18, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »
Bad wehrwolf. He usually did it outside before.

This is a thing I fixed in the recent patch. He could always destroy these stairs, but the model was not removed so you didn't actually see it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal