collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 155282 times)

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #915 on: May 07, 2019, 03:10:45 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Then one zombie is still alive somewhere and Nadia won't react. I could change that, but then she would stand up and leave as if nothing happens even if a zombie is still attacking which would look weird.
    I checked the map even if noclip where is no zombie left alive.
    Maybe it has something to do with the one zombie breaking through the door?
    Or one zombie or more can´t not respawn. How many times do each zombie respawn in this map? 2-3 times?

Already done :)!
    Ok then well thanks :)

Online tarulu

• Ancillus
    « Reply #916 on: May 07, 2019, 06:00:07 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • perhaps wesp could talk to same people behind bloodlines 1 and 2 and restore or recreate some of cut content of chinatown with help of others?

We already searched through all the game files and restored what we could, but there was so little hidden content for Chinatown, that I agree with DarkProphet that Troika didn't have time to even leave something unfinished there.

like the pearl of dubai thing which it seems was somesort of mission in santa monica

The pearl of dubai was the quest item for an early demo of which there is a preview somewhere on the web, but characters, dialogues and places where so different at the time, that it can never be restored in the current game.

oh no but i don't mean what is in game files!i mean the ideas that those people had i am aware that there are some people here that make models and mods and have access to voice actors and i guess if you can get ideas behind the game that were cut down most of these people would be happy to help to recreate them or create them for that matter!and i don't make just chinatown.
    i am aware that most of what i have in mind is kinda beyoud up+ but i guess we can use some of them.

and whats the deal with venus and sabbat?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #917 on: May 07, 2019, 07:57:06 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • This video was shown at a videogame conference in 2003 or around here. It had a different storyline but very probably was made just for this demonstration. Nothing else is known and if there is it can only be considered an alternative story (so that's why I wrote that, to play it while keeping in mind is a totally different thing, to learn more about the evolution of this game and for the whateverness).
    "Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
    ― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
    "fuck the hole in the face"
    ― me

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #918 on: May 07, 2019, 08:32:43 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • I have (another i know) gun question.
    I am really no gun nut but isn´t the pop culture (Dirty Harry) reference in the 44 Revolver description wrong or misleading?
    The Dirty Harry Revolver is a Smith & Wesson Model 29.
    Or is the quote synonym for all .44 Magnum Revolvers in the world?

"Colt Anaconda"
    "A .44 magnum revolver. Feelin' lucky, punk? A large caliber monster with the power to stop almost anyone dead in his tracks.

And do we really know if the Bloodlines 44 Revolver is a Colt Anaconda or could it something else?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
    • Antediluvian
    • Unofficial Patcher
    « Reply #919 on: May 09, 2019, 03:25:31 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • I checked the map even if noclip where is no zombie left alive.

I finally had time to look into it. It seems to me the script checking for left zombies doesn't work, so I added another way in which the killed zombies are counted instead. These should be 24 and after they are all gone Nadia will get out of her cowering stance and continue down!

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #920 on: May 09, 2019, 05:33:01 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • @Wilhelm: Who cares?
    Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
    « Reply #921 on: May 10, 2019, 03:57:58 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • This video was shown at a videogame conference in 2003 or around here. It had a different storyline but very probably was made just for this demonstration. Nothing else is known and if there is it can only be considered an alternative story (so that's why I wrote that, to play it while keeping in mind is a totally different thing, to learn more about the evolution of this game and for the whateverness).

There are few traces left but nothing that could be restored. That is how I recently found who was Venus master. That could probably evolve into a quest but it will be something completely new and almost everything have to be made from scratch.

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
    « Reply #922 on: May 10, 2019, 04:26:16 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • First: Could someone fix female Tremere eyes (when she is without glasses). They look like that she has Graves' disease. Her eyes are quite bulging. I rarely complain from graphic bugs but this one makes me sick.

And second: If PC uses Presence while fighting the first Tong group at Zhao warehouse usually the second one from the tracks never appears and this leads automatically to Zhao being death nevertheless if he is still alive when PC leaves the warehouse.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
    • Antediluvian
    • Unofficial Patcher
    « Reply #923 on: May 10, 2019, 04:31:45 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • First: Could someone fix female Tremere eyes (when she is without glasses). They look like that she has Graves' disease. Her eyes are quite bulging. I rarely complain from graphic bugs but this one makes me sick.

Maybe you should better ask that in the modding board where MooCha is around fixing model issues :)!

And second: If PC uses Presence while fighting the first Tong group at Zhao warehouse usually the second one from the tracks never appears and this leads automatically to Zhao being death nevertheless if he is still alive when PC leaves the warehouse.

I will take a look at this...

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
    « Reply #924 on: May 10, 2019, 05:27:23 PM »
  • Best Answer

Maybe you should better ask that in the modding board where MooCha is around fixing model issues :)!

I will take a look at this...

Many thanks for all your efforts and hard work and sorry for reporting so many bugs or problems.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
    • Antediluvian
    • Unofficial Patcher
    « Reply #925 on: May 10, 2019, 06:14:34 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Many thanks for all your efforts and hard work and sorry for reporting so many bugs or problems.

No problem, if people don't report bugs, I can't fix them :). But I tried to reproduce your Zhao issue and I can't! If I use Presence while killing the first wave of Tong, the second wave arrives just fine.
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:16:39 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
    « Reply #926 on: May 10, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »
  • Best Answer

• But I tried to reproduce your Zhao issue and I can't! If I use Presence while killing the first wave of Tong, the second wave arrives just fine.

I still use UP+ 10.0 but I doubt that something has changed on that map. Did you try with Presence level 4 or 5? If I remember correctly this happens at high levels of Presence. The other thing that comes to my mind is that this could be a problem similar to the one with Nadia - I mean that there could be some problem with the activation of a script for the second group. It most probably not happens every time but it happens.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
    • Antediluvian
    • Unofficial Patcher
    « Reply #927 on: May 10, 2019, 08:58:54 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Did you try with Presence level 4 or 5? If I remember correctly this happens at high levels of Presence.

No, but I can't imagine that Presence is connected at all, maybe...

The other thing that comes to my mind is that this could be a problem similar to the one with Nadia - I mean that there could be some problem with the activation of a script for the second group.

... something like that, although I never heard that before happening there.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #928 on: May 11, 2019, 08:44:30 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • I tried yesterday the new stuff at the giovanni mansion. I had a few things to report:

- Nadia, after you killed the first pack of zombies, moved after the first door an was there pointing to the stars to go down. Ok, it took me a while to get she wasn't leading the way as before, but she was repeating "This way" without even the time to breath air back XD

- When she said she is going back made little sense without the "omg what was that? Aaaaaa!!" lines as I had suspected from when I talked here about her unused lines. Maybe just a creepy noise followed by her having a panic attack and running back (like a mind trap for humans).

- The ghosts in the inner crypt are too quick, I couldn't admire the beauty of these models. It would be really great, after they fling at you, they still glide on the arena, just as scenery, still occasionally screaming in pain as they did flying out the graves

In any case, still this was a great experience. It's always beautiful when you manage to dig out more of these hidden gems....

Just another question: what can be done with the well next the door to the inner crypt (same question for the fu lab graves....)?

Finally, to end this post, as promised I'm including some more unused lines I've found....

- courier.dlg
    Sounds like if you piss him he won't tell you where the tape is. But is also placed after his response to the malk dialog choice. So the best way to restore it could be assigning as the malk's next dialog choise something foretelling the tape location (maybe something about swan eggs?), he snaps it and goes on shouting:
    {   101   }{   What? Man, I don't have to take this crap. You can tell Isaac to get his own goddamn - what? What the hell was that? Oh shit! Did you see that? I'm getting the fuck out of here...!   }

- spicoli.dlg
    I know these are some of his random lines, but honestly I don'tremember him saying:
    {   1   }{   I know that dude.   }
    {   3   }{   61... 62... 63.... Fifteen more cents and you're goin' in my stomach, Choco-bombs.   }
    {   4   }{   Chocolate syrup or peanut butter, chocolate syrup or peanut butter...? Dude, I have to dip these potato chips in something.   }
    {   6   }{   I wonder how they microwaved burritos in the Middle Ages.   }
    {   7   }{   Where did I park my car again? Oh, wait, I don't even have a car, dude!   }
    {   8   }{   All foods should have, like, a creamy center, and a colorful candy shell, and their commercial should have, like, kung fu or a giraffe.   }

Ok, it isn't much, but let me point out I've already cheched some other ones, and they don't have anything unused. Anyway I'll do more in the next days :)
    ― me

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #929 on: May 11, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • One more thing: about the restored ghosts' lines "don't you touch me" and "stand back". It took me a while to made the connection, but now I remember where I heard those before:
    (at 1:35, but I suggest to listen to the whole song since is simply awesome)
    ― me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal