collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 155288 times)

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #900 on: May 05, 2019, 05:41:44 PM »
All this sounds like a problem caused by using an old savegame with an updated map. Are you by chance playing the GoG version and it had another update?

No, I'm playing on Steam and nothing changed in my files whatsoever. The Unofficial Patch is the only modification I'm using at all, and I have not loaded any old saves.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #901 on: May 05, 2019, 09:30:34 PM »
I was just saying some ideas, I never wanted to upset you. Sorry.

I'm not upset, I just don't want any more bigger changes ;)!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #902 on: May 05, 2019, 09:34:08 PM »
Can you fix (Maybe like i said with starting a dialogue) that or is this for all time a random bug?

I can't fix that if her AI is broken and she doesn't react. Or should we be able to start a dialogue with zombies still there?

To be honest its a little bit strange to ask this but maybe the alarming sound should only end if the player turn off the switch?

I just checked it and the switch turns only the alarm lights off. I might change that for the sound too, but it would be annoying in basic!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 10:06:03 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #903 on: May 05, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »
Or should we be able to start a dialogue with zombies still there?
No only after all Zombies were killed of course. ;)
Maybe a "Lets go" or somethin like that Dialogue can restarted her AI?
By the way can Nadia exit this map? Maybe there lies the issue.

I just checked it and the switch turns only the alarm lights off. I might change that for the sound too, but it would be annoying in basic!
It would be more realistic for this scene if the Sound is only cut off when the player turn the switch.
I agree that sound is annoying but well fire alarms are supposed to sound annoying. Thats their purpose. ;)
Suggestion after killing the Mandarin the alarm could turn off automatically if the player didn´t use the switch.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #904 on: May 06, 2019, 01:53:24 AM »
Wesp, did you see my post on the last page about the Chinatown map going batshit crazy? I can't enter The Glaze to complete the game because of an invisible wall surrounding the entire building even trapping the humans within it, and noclip won't resolve the issue.

Also, the radio in the museum top floor can't be heard unless you look away from it, left or right.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #905 on: May 06, 2019, 08:33:04 AM »
No only after all Zombies were killed of course. ;)

But this is exactly what is supposed to happen! If all zombies are dead, Nadia will talk to you. So either her AI breaks or a zombie was not counted as killed. If this happens to you again, can you please open the console and check G.Zombies?

Suggestion after killing the Mandarin the alarm could turn off automatically if the player didn´t use the switch.

Why should it stop then? Also this wasn't what I meant, I meant I need to make seperate basic and plus sounds...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:34:50 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #906 on: May 06, 2019, 09:08:51 AM »
Wesp, did you see my post on the last page about the Chinatown map going batshit crazy?

This sounds exactly like Malkav wrote like an incompatible save. Or can this by a kind of Skyeline haven variant because you played too long a session in one go?

Also, the radio in the museum top floor can't be heard unless you look away from it, left or right.

Sadly this is typical for the Bloodlines sound system. Localized sounds have no middle channel...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:17:08 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #907 on: May 06, 2019, 07:47:00 PM »
Wesp, did you see my post on the last page about the Chinatown map going batshit crazy?

This sounds exaclty like Malkav wrote like an incompatible save. Or can this by a kind of Skyeline haven variant because you played too long a session in one go?

Sadly this is typical for the Bloodlines sound system. Localized sounds have no middle channel...

Yeah, I played for a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally long time. Like...I saved when I got to Downtown the night before, then loaded that save and 100%'d everything up to reaching Chinatown.

I guess I'll just stop there for my playthrough since I'm stuck.

Besides, I've decided that most of Chinatown and everything after it is super lame compared to the rest of the game. You can tell they were in a time crunch at that point. There were some good ideas and voice acting (LOVE Yukie as a character and her quest), but the hub feels fairly empty in terms of content compared to the other hubs, and to make up for it, the quests all give out like 3x as much experience as they should. 8XP to walk ~150 feet from a shop, put a thing in a locker, and kill one chunky gang member, then walk back? REALLY? If only Troika had more time...

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #908 on: May 06, 2019, 09:52:33 PM »

This sounds exaclty like Malkav wrote like an incompatible save. Or can this by a kind of Skyeline haven variant because you played too long a session in one go?

Yeah, I played for a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally long time. Like...I saved when I got to Downtown the night before, then loaded that save and 100%'d everything up to reaching Chinatown.

Besides, I've decided that most of Chinatown and everything after it is super lame compared to the rest of the game. You can tell they were in a time crunch at that point. There were some good ideas and voice acting (LOVE Yukie as a character and her quest), but the hub feels fairly empty in terms of content compared to the other hubs, and to make up for it, the quests all give out like 3x as much experience as they should. 8XP to walk ~150 feet from a shop, put a thing in a locker, and kill one chunky gang member, then walk back? REALLY? If only Troika had more time...
perhaps wesp could talk to same people behind bloodlines 1 and 2 and restore or recreate some of cut content of chinatown with help of others?like the pearl of dubai thing which it seems was somesort of mission in santa monica

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #909 on: May 07, 2019, 05:34:05 AM »

No savegames (even auto) in the middle?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #910 on: May 07, 2019, 08:22:11 AM »
perhaps wesp could talk to same people behind bloodlines 1 and 2 and restore or recreate some of cut content of chinatown with help of others?

We already searched through all the game files and restored what we could, but there was so little hidden content for Chinatown, that I agree with DarkProphet that Troika didn't have time to even leave something unfinished there.

like the pearl of dubai thing which it seems was somesort of mission in santa monica

The pearl of dubai was the quest item for an early demo of which there is a preview somewhere on the web, but characters, dialogues and places where so different at the time, that it can never be restored in the current game.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #911 on: May 07, 2019, 12:51:24 PM »
The pearl of dubai was the quest item for an early demo of which there is a preview somewhere on the web, but characters, dialogues and places where so different at the time, that it can never be restored in the current game.

Except the whole demo is restored as an allucination of the malk :razz:

Jokes asides, if someone can find this demo the only reasonable thing to do with it is making a separate module like argikt's War Games (which is obviously outside the objective of the UP....)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #912 on: May 07, 2019, 01:20:54 PM »
Jokes asides, if someone can find this demo the only reasonable thing to do with it is making a separate module like argikt's War Games (which is obviously outside the objective of the UP....)

It would still make no sense, because e.g. Jeanette was in the Vesuvius instead of VV, and we don't have any voice-overs left. If they even existed at that point of development...

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #913 on: May 07, 2019, 02:24:41 PM »
But this is exactly what is supposed to happen! If all zombies are dead, Nadia will talk to you. So either her AI breaks or a zombie was not counted as killed. If this happens to you again, can you please open the console and check G.Zombies?
It says "1".

Why should it stop then? Also this wasn't what I meant, I meant I need to make seperate basic and plus sounds...
This was a compromise for Basis and Plus user to last the sound longer.
5 sec or after the death of the Mandarin makes basically the same little sense.

Also i unterstand that you likely won´t do it because it has to be seperate.

It would still make no sense, because e.g. Jeanette was in the Vesuvius instead of VV, and we don't have any voice-overs left. If they even existed at that point of development...]
I agree they are just the typical press demos where the developers play the some ideas.
But in most cases they don´t represent the end product.

This two videos have  german commentary but i think its still possible to unterstand
that Wesp is 100% right that you can´t restore that.
Even talking with Venus about the Sabbat makes no sense.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 02:33:37 PM by Wilhelm Streicher 19 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #914 on: May 07, 2019, 02:54:29 PM »
It says "1".

Then one zombie is still alive somewhere and Nadia won't react. I could change that, but then she would stand up and leave as if nothing happens even if a zombie is still attacking which would look weird.

Also i unterstand that you likely won´t do it because it has to be seperate.

Already done :)! The switch will turn the sound off in plus and a short sound will play in basic. I hope, I rarely test that ;).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal