collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 140955 times)

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #885 on: April 28, 2019, 09:38:54 PM »
Like I wrote, this is exactly what is supposed to happen!
I mean with an additional player answer. ;)
You can use  441   }{   [Scared]What was that? and add: "Don´t worry worry i kill them all. Lets go."

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #886 on: April 28, 2019, 11:05:42 PM »
I mean with an additional player answer. ;)

No. That is no regular dialogue, also this is not the moment she normally get's stuck, that is in the map before...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #887 on: April 29, 2019, 06:12:09 AM »
You mean she got back to the main hall?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #888 on: April 29, 2019, 08:07:46 AM »
You mean she got back to the main hall?

Supposedly. What happens is she let's you go through a door that will lock itself while she says goodby and vanishes...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #889 on: April 29, 2019, 01:29:29 PM »
That's another thing bugging me. I cannot get back to the main hall and complete the 3 guest quest....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:29:04 PM by Wesp5 »
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #890 on: April 29, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »
I cannot get back to the main hall and complete the 3 guest quest....

Using the UP+ you can return to the mansion later to finish this :)!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #891 on: April 29, 2019, 03:36:11 PM »
I cannot get back to the main hall and complete the 3 guest quest....

Using the UP+ you can return to the mansion later to finish this :)!

Later as in before the chang fight or after delivering the sarcophagus to lacroix?
In any case, I didn't know you fixed that, the only time I found out this issue I had never entered that door before that quest :)
― me

• Antediluvian
« Reply #892 on: April 29, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
No. That is no regular dialogue, also this is not the moment she normally get's stuck, that is in the map before...
Which map do you exactly mean? Giovanni Mansion Interior, Giovanni Mansion Basements or Giovanni Mansion Crypts?
I have only problems in Basements where Nadia won´t move even if all zombies were killed.

Another topic what is the purpose of using the fire alarm switch in the Fu Syndicate building?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #893 on: April 29, 2019, 07:57:28 PM »
And about the fu syndication:

Since I though to read all the dlg files, just to see if others lines are missing, I've something really interesting (but not new....)
Pratically I didn't know , since I didn't cared, there were more dialogs with Wong Ho, the owner of the chinatown restaurant, after meeting zhao (where he reveals zhao's ties with the tong), after meeting the mandarin at the glaze (where you let him know a "silver haired" dude is bankrolling the tongs) and after freeing barabus (where you can confirm him ming xiao is behind the tongs and she planned killing him and his daughter). The only income is a humanity point if you convince wong it's pointless going to ming xiao for answers, since he still cannot believe it, and convince him fleeing the country. This is great material for an already present quest: discover the sudden return of the tongs, discover the story behind zhao, meet the mandarin, report back each time and "ding dong!", mission complete.

And another thing, about actually the fu syndicate. As you enter, instead going to the left and starting the experiment section, on the right there is a numberpad on the exit door. It would be really interesting cracking somehow the code, sneaking in, freeing barabus, murder surprise for everyone else.

Just some small suggestions to gave chinatown some more content. Heh, I would also rename chinatown on the quest log to  "L.A. outskirt" and placing there all the quests not present on the other three (giovanni mansion, society of leopold, griffith park, whatever else....)
― me

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #894 on: May 05, 2019, 08:26:20 AM »
I'm nearing the end of another playthrough now, but I'm stuck. Chinatown is in shambles. Loading the game again, closing and reopening it, going to other maps, etc...none of it fixes the Chinatown hub.

How to describe my issue? Well...okay so certain doors simply do not work: Tseng's (I think both doors, but definitely the front one), Mr. Ox's shop (had to bypass those quests by giving myself the occult items and XP), and The Glaze. In fact, The Glaze has a thick invisible wall all around it that has trapped all the bystanders in it, frozen so they can't move. I used noclip to get through it, but I can only use the keypad for the doors on either side. Even when noclipping, I can't activate the doors after entering the codes. None of the aforementioned doors will open, so I cannot complete the game.

Anyone know how to fix this, or what I should enter into the console to continue the game past The Glaze quest?

One other bug: the radio can't be heard in the museum upstairs work closet thing when you look directly at it. You can only hear it when you turn your head either way. Granted, that is the worst song in the entire game in my opinion and I hate it badly, but I still feel obligated to report it.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #895 on: May 05, 2019, 08:54:45 AM »
All this sounds like a problem caused by using an old savegame with an updated map. Are you by chance playing the GoG version and it had another update?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #896 on: May 05, 2019, 10:28:19 AM »
I have only problems in Basements where Nadia won´t move even if all zombies were killed.

This is what I meant. If she doesn't follow you there, her AI is broken and she can't talk as well. But she will be teleported into the next map...

Another topic what is the purpose of using the fire alarm switch in the Fu Syndicate building?

You can turn off the annoying sound, but that's all to it, besides that it is a model restoration.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #897 on: May 05, 2019, 10:32:16 AM »
This is great material for an already present quest: discover the sudden return of the tongs, discover the story behind zhao, meet the mandarin, report back each time and "ding dong!", mission complete.

You mean I should add a new quest for this? I don't agree, this will spoil the whole connection which this is all about.

It would be really interesting cracking somehow the code, sneaking in, freeing barabus, murder surprise for everyone else.

That would basically have you skip everything that is interesting in this level and so make Chinatown even more boring, therefore no.

Heh, I would also rename chinatown on the quest log to  "L.A. outskirt" and placing there all the quests not present on the other three (giovanni mansion, society of leopold, griffith park, whatever else....)

No.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 10:33:56 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #898 on: May 05, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »
I was just saying some ideas, I never wanted to upset you. Sorry.
― me

• Antediluvian
« Reply #899 on: May 05, 2019, 02:53:04 PM »
This is what I meant. If she doesn't follow you there, her AI is broken and she can't talk as well. But she will be teleported into the next map...
Can you fix (Maybe like i said with starting a dialogue) that or is this for all time a random bug?

You can turn off the annoying sound, but that's all to it, besides that it is a model restoration.
Well the sound in my game has only a duration of 5 sec.
Without Celerity is not possible to reach the switch in time.

To be honest its a little bit strange to ask this but maybe the alarming sound should only end if the player turn off the switch?