collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 136567 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #870 on: April 26, 2019, 09:57:21 PM »
I think the time ran out while they were doing the Giovanni Mansion. There were several completely empty rooms in the mansion which I filled with stuff! And in the crypt there was this empty room in which I restored the "wishing well", how the model is called, without knowing what this is about!

Also do you know about the shortcuts for the Hallowbrook, Temple and Venture Tower endgame maps? Just check the walkthrough included in the UP! 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:59:47 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #871 on: April 26, 2019, 10:56:28 PM »
I have a question. On the giovanni manor, one Nadia dialog file seems like she can took you a bit further than the cript under the imbalsamation room. Can she took you further?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:10:08 AM by Wesp5 »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #872 on: April 27, 2019, 10:10:30 AM »
Can she took you further?

No. And what line would that be?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #873 on: April 27, 2019, 01:55:23 PM »
The lines who caught my attention (after the lines just before seeing the first zombies):

{   401   }{   I don't know what happened back there... but I know a way through this next part. Can you believe all this? This is like something out of a horror movie.... Oh, here it is. We should be safe from here on. This way.   }{   I don't know what happened back there... but I know a way through this next part. Can you believe all this? This is like something out of a horror movie.... Oh, here it is. We should be safe from here on. This way.   }{   #   }{   npc.SetDisposition("Neutral", 1)   }{   nadiaTo2b()   }

{   441   }{   [Scared]What was that?   }{   [Scared]What was that?   }{   #   }

{   451   }{   Did you hear that?   }{   Did you hear that?   }{   #   }

{   461   }{   This is all too much. I'm going back upstairs! You do what you want!   }{   This is all too much. I'm going back upstairs! You do what you want!   }{   #   }

{   591   }{   Turn right.   }{   }{   #   }
{   592   }{   Turn left.   }{   }{   #   }
{   593   }{   Go straight.   }{   }{   #   }
{   594   }{   Through there.   }{   }{   #   }
{   595   }{   After you.   }{   }{   #   }
{   596   }{   In there.   }{   }{   #   }
{   597   }{   Not that way.   }{   }{   #   }

{   601   }{   JDA im pissed JDA   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   Sequence_pull_lever_Nadia()   }
{   602   }{   (Auto-End)   }{   (Auto-End)   }{   0   }

{   611   }{   JDA im seduced JDA   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   Sequence_pull_lever_Nadia()   }
{   612   }{   (Auto-End)   }{   (Auto-End)   }{   0   }

{   621   }{   JDA im persuaded JDA   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   Sequence_pull_lever_Nadia() }
{   622   }{   (Auto-End)   }{   (Auto-End)   }{   0   }
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #874 on: April 27, 2019, 02:46:28 PM »
{   591   }{   Turn right.   }{   }{   #   }
{   592   }{   Turn left.   }{   }{   #   }
{   593   }{   Go straight.   }{   }{   #   }
{   594   }{   Through there.   }{   }{   #   }
{   595   }{   After you.   }{   }{   #   }
{   596   }{   In there.   }{   }{   #   }
{   597   }{   Not that way.   }{   }{   #   }

Do you mean these lines? They could have recorded them befor they knew where Nadia would have to go. In fact most major characters have some spare lines like these:

{   1251   }{   Greetings.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1252   }{   Yes?   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1253   }{   What are you doing here?   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1254   }{   I no longer wish to speak with you.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1255   }{   Yes.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1256   }{   No.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1257   }{   Thank you.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1258   }{   What did you just say?   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1259   }{   What!?!   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1260   }{   I do not know.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1261   }{   I cannot help you with that.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1262   }{   I am pleased.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1263   }{   By the way...   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1264   }{   Take this.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }
{   1265   }{   I will send you an email concerning this.   }{   }{   #   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }{   }

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #875 on: April 27, 2019, 08:52:46 PM »
Nope, more like these:

The lines who caught my attention (after the lines just before seeing the first zombies):

{   401   }{   I don't know what happened back there... but I know a way through this next part. Can you believe all this? This is like something out of a horror movie.... Oh, here it is. We should be safe from here on. This way.   }{   I don't know what happened back there... but I know a way through this next part. Can you believe all this? This is like something out of a horror movie.... Oh, here it is. We should be safe from here on. This way.   }{   #   }{   npc.SetDisposition("Neutral", 1)   }{   nadiaTo2b()   }

{   441   }{   [Scared]What was that?   }{   [Scared]What was that?   }{   #   }

{   451   }{   Did you hear that?   }{   Did you hear that?   }{   #   }

{   461   }{   This is all too much. I'm going back upstairs! You do what you want!   }{   This is all too much. I'm going back upstairs! You do what you want!   }{   #   }

I suppose she did't got that far and as you killed the first ones she get back, guide you a further more but when you encounter, still supposing, the unused ghosts she got really freaked out....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:56:18 PM by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Pumma

• Neonate
« Reply #876 on: April 28, 2019, 07:02:21 AM »
I have a question. On the giovanni manor, one Nadia dialog file seems like she can took you a bit further than the cript under the imbalsamation room. Can she took you further?

Yes, in fact, she can. She can lead you away foward to the door which traps you with the zombies on the lower map right path. The end point for her is before that door. The whole thing is quite buggy and you should return for her after you kill all the zombies on the map in order for her to lead you foward. Sometimes she stucks on the doorway to the lower map waving to you to foloww her. On the next map she shows the right torch swich so not to fall bellow where the zombies are, she leads you on right path where she stops before the door of the trap room and she says that this gone too far and she is turning back and leaving you. As I said the whole thing is quite buggy as the whole mansion and is not going to happen every time.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #877 on: April 28, 2019, 11:30:30 AM »
Mmh, this is nice. Although I would have used the ghosts as the last straw on her discending in the cripts further makes more sense with the dialogue....
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #878 on: April 28, 2019, 12:20:51 PM »
Although I would have used the ghosts as the last straw on her discending in the cripts further makes more sense with the dialogue....

The ghosts can only appear in the fight with the Changs, but I have now restored the missing two lines 441 and 451 so it makes more sense that she suddenly leaves :)!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #879 on: April 28, 2019, 01:10:27 PM »
― me
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #880 on: April 28, 2019, 06:38:49 PM »
The end point for her is before that door. The whole thing is quite buggy and you should return for her after you kill all the zombies on the map in order for her to lead you foward. Sometimes she stucks on the doorway to the lower map waving to you to foloww her.
Yeah this is really annoying that it often didn´t worked.
The last time i played this part she won´t moved a bit and she was only crying.
I wonder if it would help to solve this bug if we can talk to her again after the last zombie was slain.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #881 on: April 28, 2019, 08:14:52 PM »
I wonder if it would help to solve this bug if we can talk to her again after the last zombie was slain.

This is how it is set, but I guess sometimes the AI just can't cancel the cowering animation. Still if you continue she normally will appear as if nothing has happened :)!

Offline Wilhelm Streicher 19

• Antediluvian
« Reply #882 on: April 28, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »
This is how it is set, but I guess sometimes the AI just can't cancel the cowering animation.
Still if you continue she normally will appear as if nothing has happened :)!
I know that her AI / script works fine in the next level/map part but its ruining a little bit the atmosphere / situation if
she had basically teleport.
Like i said would it help if the player can talk with her in a very small dialogue to end this animation and to restart her AI?
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #883 on: April 28, 2019, 09:14:33 PM »
Or, when the first fight ends, she is respawned behind you and starts the 401 dialogue line.
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #884 on: April 28, 2019, 09:32:14 PM »
Like i said would it help if the player can talk with her in a very small dialogue to end this animation and to restart her AI?

Like I wrote, this is exactly what is supposed to happen!