collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 147798 times)

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #840 on: March 02, 2019, 08:38:24 AM »
Ah, the infamous Library quest which I haven't found yet.  :chinscratch: If I'm not mistaken, I'm supposed to wait for an email from Beckett?
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #841 on: March 02, 2019, 08:49:31 AM »
I encountered a problem with the Serial Killer during the fight at Brothers Salvage (as a Tremere). Using Blood Purge on him makes the game crash without fail - he starts doing the vomiting animation and it crashes.

I have already fixed this for the next UP RC!

Also, who in the world is that vampire in a suit who disappears in a puff of smoke as you enter Brothers Salvage?  :holy: :chinscratch:

As has been explained, he is from the library quest, which indee starts with an email from Beckett. But there actually was already an unused unfinished vampire hidden on the map, although I don't know what Troika intended him to be for...

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #842 on: March 02, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »

I have already fixed this for the next UP RC!

Aha, sweet, thanks a lot!

It's a shame we cannot update UPs mid-playthrough, I am a slow player and I am already a couple of versions behind... oh well, next playthrough.
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #843 on: March 02, 2019, 01:08:37 PM »
I was thinking about KotOR. As far as I understood when you need to add a mod you use a tool which compares the modded and the vanilla file and adds the changes from the former to the latter. This instead of the UP method which is downloading the modded files and put them directly in the game directory as they are. Mine is not meant at all as a critic, just as a premise to my question if it's possible to do the same here (I don't even know if it was already asked :razz:).
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #844 on: March 02, 2019, 02:57:02 PM »
This instead of the UP method which is downloading the modded files and put them directly in the game directory as they are.

There already is a GIT repository for the UP from where you can download stuff before a new patch version is compiled. The main problem is the game itself though, because it saves a lot of infos and if you change a file that is affected by those infos, weird things can happen!

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #845 on: March 02, 2019, 09:28:21 PM »
Ah, the infamous Library quest which I haven't found yet.  :chinscratch: If I'm not mistaken, I'm supposed to wait for an email from Beckett?

Make sure you check your computer once you gain access to Chinatown.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #846 on: March 02, 2019, 11:06:16 PM »
There already is a GIT repository for the UP from where you can download stuff before a new patch version is compiled. The main problem is the game itself though, because it saves a lot of infos and if you change a file that is affected by those infos, weird things can happen!

I'm not an expert of github.... Just as an example: if a dialogue have an error but only in a single line the patch will install the corrected .dlg file. Github can just add the correction inside the .dlg on the pc or can only download the whole file?

That's how it works on KotOR: for example all the dialogues are inside one file, so it was necessary this kind of tool

Obviously the older savegames aren't anymore compatible, it was just a curiosity if it's possible and if this can make patching and modding easier
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #847 on: March 03, 2019, 12:15:35 AM »
I'm not an expert of github.... Just as an example: if a dialogue have an error but only in a single line the patch will install the corrected .dlg file. Github can just add the correction inside the .dlg on the pc or can only download the whole file?

I never use it myself, because I am the source, but I believe you keep your own setup up to date by having GIThub downloading all changed files automatically.

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #848 on: March 29, 2019, 05:28:39 PM »
Hey guys, I accidentally unpacked pack000.vpk in the Vampre folder using VPK tools
I thought it would prompt me for location, but it just plopped everything in the folder with the vpk file
I would assume, that it shouldn't have broken anything since the vpk is still there and the file structure is the same (I haven't moved anything) and the game just picks the uzipped files 1st. Obviously I can't just whack the sound folder because, for some reason some of the sounds were not in the vpk and I can't be bothered to look trough 1000-something amount of files to delete them
Which means that I'm stuck with duplicates
But with the game engine being what it is, I have to ask if there is a danged of breaking anything?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #849 on: March 30, 2019, 11:44:17 AM »
The only problem might be slightly longer loading times because accessing the archive is faster than accessing unpacked files. Apart from that there shouldn't be any problems.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #850 on: March 30, 2019, 12:01:28 PM »
Technically the faster loading with the files extracted seems to be perceptible only on old computers
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #851 on: April 19, 2019, 06:55:54 PM »
This is more of a question than a bug report, but since it's related to the UP+, I figured I'd ask here.

Regarding the Flamethrower you can find inside the Hallowbrook Hotel Atrium, is it intended for it to not have any ammo? I like the fact that you get a neat reward for fighting all those extra Sabbat which you can save for the boss fight, but it's a little useless without ammo and you cannot even stock up on gas canisters before getting to the hotel because annoyingly you can only buy ammo for weapons you already own.
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #852 on: April 19, 2019, 11:53:58 PM »
Regarding the Flamethrower you can find inside the Hallowbrook Hotel Atrium, is it intended for it to not have any ammo?

The flamethrower comes with 150 units of ammo as in the original game, but sadly due to the speed of modern computers, it blows them out too fast.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #853 on: April 20, 2019, 04:19:02 AM »
Regarding the Flamethrower you can find inside the Hallowbrook Hotel Atrium, is it intended for it to not have any ammo?

The flamethrower comes with 150 units of ammo as in the original game, but sadly due to the speed of modern computers, it blows them out too fast.

Easy: on the console type debug_infiniteammo 2 :razz:
Seriously, even if changing the ammo contained in the cannister, or how many extra cannister you can have, that's still an overkill weapon (and funny as fuck). It's a miracle none of the enemies actually uses it on you....
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #854 on: April 20, 2019, 07:14:32 AM »
Hmmm I could've sworn it said 0/0 ammo when I picked it up. I need to be more attentive next time.

(I actually did a trick to make it work better, used the console to add a flamethrower before the hotel, bought ammo from Mercurio, dropped the flamethrower then went and picked that one up). But yes, it truly is OP. I couldn't believe how quickly Andrei went down, after psyching myself up for an epic fight.
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.