collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 138369 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #810 on: January 21, 2019, 08:32:09 AM »
Or the fat larry abduction  :rofl:

I want to make a suggestion: in the loading screens there should be also some technical advices: don't make long game sessions, don't install a big mod on top of the UP, restart from a previous savegame if you encounter major bugs, remember to put the toilet seat down.... That are actually useful hints!!   :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #811 on: January 21, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
Hmmm...what constitutes a long play session? I think I had only been playing for about an hour or so, and the character is pretty new too, not even out of Santa Monica yet.  The blood bag remains there even after I restart the game too.

Should I be worried?
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #812 on: January 21, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »
The more one plays on a single session (meaning from when you open the link on windows to when you close the game and returnig to the desktop, meaning until vampire.exe is active and running)) the more problems like this happens. It's a bit annoying butat some intervals it's necessary to close the game and reopen it. Mostly these bugs are recorded when you save the game and can lead to other bugs and more troublesome. So the golden rule is save often and when you encounter any problems like this or worse exit from the game and reenter.

So to answer your question: your playthrough is not damaged if you have a savegame previous that bug. And if this blood bag is still here if you closed the game, reentered and made a new character then the problem is in the game files
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 11:50:51 AM by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #813 on: January 21, 2019, 12:54:18 PM »
Well...it seems the only save that doesn't have this bug is right after the tutorial.... :/ It must have happened early on and I didn't notice.

So at this point...what should I do? Ignore it and go on, or restart the character? I guess she hadn't done much, although I don't particularly want to redo all those quests I just did...

I apologize for all the n00bish questions.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:01:10 PM by Ghanima_Atreides »
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #814 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »
Ignore it and go on, or restart the character?

I would say ignore it and go on! From my own playthrough I remember a floating bloodpack at my SM mailbox but it didn't do anything...

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #815 on: January 21, 2019, 01:32:15 PM »
Okay, Wesp, thank you!  :smile: I will continue and keep an eye out for stuff like this in the future.

One last thing: I noticed you updated the UP - THAT cannot be installed during an ongoing playthrough, can it?
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #816 on: January 21, 2019, 01:47:52 PM »
Minor bugs can be ignored, sorry if I didn't sayd that before  :razz:

But about the new UP: NOPE!! Save games stores also stuff based on the game files making them dependant of them. Imagine having one of those secret messages composed of a series of numbers, you search for each X letter in each Y line of each Z page of a book: if you change the book, even if it's a reprint with corrections, the decoding won't work anymore.
― me

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #817 on: January 21, 2019, 02:10:03 PM »

But about the new UP: NOPE!! Save games stores also stuff based on the game files making them dependant of them. Imagine having one of those secret messages composed of a series of numbers, you search for each X letter in each Y line of each Z page of a book: if you change the book, even if it's a reprint with corrections, the decoding won't work anymore.

Yeah, I thought so, but thought I'd make sure. Thanks.  :vampsmile:
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline skinstitch

• Fledgling
« Reply #818 on: January 26, 2019, 11:34:25 PM »
Hi I thought i would throw in my discovery. Im heavily modding my game at the moment but have a vanilla install that runs the version of the unofficial patch that comes with the GOG install. Its usually runs this version when you launch the game with the shortcut. I've gotten to Grout's mansion and am in the second floor area underground where the  secret wall door in the hall with holding cells. against the wall where the door is i get a texture flicker. I looked into the nearby holding cell and up in the window there is a texture popping out of alignment against the window on the wall. I think this texture is causing the clip. I ran the game again playing the Vanilla version also installed and the wall was fine. I know the unofficial patch adds many things to this area but wondered what could be done about the texture flickering

Here is a video explaining.
https://youtu.be/gAopR9d31F8

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #819 on: January 27, 2019, 10:22:18 AM »
I know the unofficial patch adds many things to this area but wondered what could be done about the texture flickering.

I don't see this on my system and never have. So some questions: Is this visible when you play the vanilla GOG version without the patch? Is this visible if you jump directly into the map with the "map la_malkavian_3" command?

Offline skinstitch

• Fledgling
« Reply #820 on: January 27, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. It is not visible when i play vanilla but it is visible when i launch the GOG version release with the unofficial patch it comes with. I have tried spawning there as well but the issue persists I did some mucking around looking into the la_malkavian_3.bsp in the maps folder and seem like if i switch that file with a vanilla file it fixes the issue but i think then you would lose the enhancements brought by the patch which are significant in the manor. Im using the VPK editor to look inside the la_malkavian_3.bsp as im sure thats where the problem exists but am unsure where. Im seeing a lot of "classname" "light_spot" "classname" "env_sprite"  but i think im looking for a texture of some sort?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:07:15 PM by skinstitch »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #821 on: January 27, 2019, 02:20:14 PM »
It is not visible when i play vanilla but it is visible when i launch the GOG version release with the unofficial patch it comes with.

Can you check the gameplay options to see what patch the GOG version uses? Also you mustn't load an old save, the bug will stay!

Offline skinstitch

• Fledgling
« Reply #822 on: January 27, 2019, 03:45:32 PM »
It is not visible when i play vanilla but it is visible when i launch the GOG version release with the unofficial patch it comes with.

Can you check the gameplay options to see what patch the GOG version uses? Also you mustn't load an old save, the bug will stay!
Unofficial patch 9.5 basic

Offline skinstitch

• Fledgling
« Reply #823 on: January 27, 2019, 03:54:23 PM »

Unofficial Patch 9.5 Basic is what is written there. I've swapped some of the variant files from other mods, basically replaced all the la_malkavian.bsp files from other mods like clan quest and antitribu and tested them in place just to see what would happen. The clipping does not occur in the Vanilla version and Antitribu but it but it still pops up in clan quest and the unofficial patch. I've got like 6 separate installs of the game right now.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #824 on: January 27, 2019, 04:55:51 PM »
Unofficial Patch 9.5 Basic is what is written there.

Maybe you should redownload your GOG version, I thought they went to 10.0 in the meantime. I don't see any of this with versions above 10...