collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 169649 times)

Offline Florence

• Ancillus
  • Dignitas
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #705 on: September 02, 2017, 01:10:56 pm »
My presence is not glowing so I can not be sure if it is working or not?
Also I dont see those +5 next to my soaks when I use fortitude so I am not sure if it is working either.

Has this happened suddenly or right from the start? Do you still see the message +soak at the top of the screen? Because a lot of the bugs recently reported here sound random to me, maybe caused by too long playing sessions in one go which are known to mess the game up. Both disciplines work fine for me!

No, it just happened after Society of Leopold where I was seeing empty bars when I used disciplines.
I started it from previous save couple of times but it didn't fix it.
Then it was fixed by itself but this happened.
I see Fortitude (5), Presence(5) at the top
This means it is working?

Also how long a play session should last for a better gameplay?
~ To rule in blood is to rule in truth. ~

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #706 on: September 02, 2017, 04:09:47 pm »

A guy on ModDB reported that reinstalling the game and the patch fixed a lot of random bugs for him, even if he continued an old save afterwards!

For Presence yes, but for Fortitude you should also see in blue "Effect gained: automatic soak successes +x", x being the level.

I have no idea. While patching I only play short sessions and never had any of these issues!

Offline ngppgn

• Fledgling
« Reply #707 on: September 03, 2017, 02:40:53 pm »
Would you mind telling where should I look to fix this issue myself (since I understand this is not a priority for the "normal" game?)

I could only suggest to look into the disciplinetgt_004.txt file and then post your results here if you can fix this!

Sadly there doesn't seem to be anything in that file telling the lvl5 Thaumaturgy and the ivi1 Thaumaturgy abilities to behave unlike each other with regards to Obfuscate.

Is there any file that generally defines when is Obfuscate broken, maybe?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #708 on: September 03, 2017, 05:32:13 pm »
Is there any file that generally defines when is Obfuscate broken, maybe?

Not that I know about. Sadly, a lot of things in Bloodlines are hard-coded even if seperate files exist, which often only affect a few aspect of the discipline or weapon or whatever...

Offline Florence

• Ancillus
  • Dignitas
« Reply #709 on: September 03, 2017, 08:43:22 pm »

A guy on ModDB reported that reinstalling the game and the patch fixed a lot of random bugs for him, even if he continued an old save afterwards!

For Presence yes, but for Fortitude you should also see in blue "Effect gained: automatic soak successes +x", x being the level.

I have no idea. While patching I only play short sessions and never had any of these issues!

Yeah, I hear you
I used to have a lot of time and played short sessions and had 0 bugs...
I will try as you said
Hope it will fix the issue
~ To rule in blood is to rule in truth. ~

Offline Satanu Reeves

• Fledgling
« Reply #710 on: September 08, 2017, 08:26:34 am »
I could swear Vision of Death used to do damage to supernaturals. It does no damage in basic.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #711 on: September 08, 2017, 10:14:57 am »
I could swear Vision of Death used to do damage to supernaturals. It does no damage in basic.

Hm, you are right. Populism changed this a long time ago, but I can't remember why! I'm on holiday next week and can only check this when I am back...

Offline Satanu Reeves

• Fledgling
« Reply #712 on: September 08, 2017, 06:50:34 pm »
If people want Malkavians to loose their tools against bosses and supernaturals I suppose that would be fine in Plus. What does that leave them? Stealth? That's nerfed too isn't it? But in basic, I think it should remain how it was, I thought that was the point of basic. 

Anyhow , I hope you enjoy your holiday. When you can, thank you for looking into it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 07:36:02 pm by Satanu Reeves »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #713 on: September 08, 2017, 07:39:56 pm »
But in basic, I think it should remain how it was, I thought that was the point of basic. 

Exactly, but before now I wasn't even aware of the change because I didn't do it. I'll be on holiday next week but then I'll take a look. It might be that it didn't work as intended, otherwise I will restore it, even for plus because it's an unnecessary change...

Offline Satanu Reeves

• Fledgling
« Reply #714 on: September 08, 2017, 11:11:55 pm »
Oh, is Populism a person? lol, I thought you meant a bunch of people asked you to change it. I put the original file back and it doesn't seem to have broken anything. This could work for my recent Malk playthough  :smile:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #715 on: September 08, 2017, 11:41:25 pm »
Oh, is Populism a person?

Yes. A long time ago he fixed a lot of broken disciplines not working on some enemies or similar. I wasn't aware that he removed some damages too! I just tested them a bit and restored the damage for both Vision of Death and Suicide where he had done this. In the plus patch versions too, because there these disciplines were moved up one level anyway so it's only right they do some damage on supernaturals!

Offline mercurio101

• Fledgling
« Reply #716 on: September 09, 2017, 01:01:43 pm »
Hello again everyone. Here is what i found:

I go to the Skyline Apartments BEFORE going to Damsel concerning the plague-bearers quest. I find dead Paul and talk to his dying girlfriend, alright? Well, I listen to Paul's answering machine and then go speak with Damsel. She gives me this quest of finding one sewer-crawling thing, which I kill and return to Damsel. She tells me 'bout Paul, 'wright? And then I am stuck 'cause I do not know about Jezebel Locke and I have already been to Skyline and did all my job there. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Offline Runza77

• Ancillus
« Reply #717 on: September 09, 2017, 01:11:10 pm »
I go to the Skyline Apartments BEFORE going to Damsel concerning the plague-bearers quest. I find dead Paul and talk to his dying girlfriend, alright? Well, I listen to Paul's answering machine...

The "girlfriend" of Paul is in the Skyline's palace too, you must speak with her. Read carefully your quest log and you'll find further clues.

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #718 on: December 22, 2017, 04:19:13 pm »
So, I'm posting here since I'm playing 1.2 version.

I'm having trouble dementating Milligan to chase the moon. I took a gander at his dlg file and it says that I need dementation lvl 3 which i have, yet the only available option is persuasion.

I cheated myself 10 in all stats and intimidation option is also available.

Any ideas?

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #719 on: December 23, 2017, 08:40:25 pm »
So, I'm posting here since I'm playing 1.2 version.

I'm having trouble dementating Milligan to chase the moon. I took a gander at his dlg file and it says that I need dementation lvl 3 which i have, yet the only available option is persuasion.

I cheated myself 10 in all stats and intimidation option is also available.

Any ideas?

The dialog engine can only display 4 options at a time. It's actually easy to cheat a build so several 'legal' dialog options don't appear because others have precedence.

Normally it's 'normal option for possible success in depth later', 'intimidate', 'seduce', 'persuasion' that win, even a single social discipline option might be hid from high levels of dots, much less multiple.

Resuming, combining Dominate and Dementation on the same play-through has issues.

The only way to avoid this on the engine is a pain if a program that automates the necessary dialog file transformation is not created and Wesp is not interested (it makes dialog files much more complex to post install edit). Maybe it would be possible to create such a program that toggles on and off the transformation though.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:47:00 pm by SCO »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal