collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 141209 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #645 on: July 01, 2016, 08:56:29 PM »
Do I need to do the same for the Defualt and should I delete loc files too?

No. This sometimes help if NPCs get stuck, you get an AI node message and then they move again!

No I haven't properly gonna need to dig it out one of the Pak files. Test as in play it?

Yes. It should be outside the archives, but only use a good player like Mediaplayer Classic to listen to it, Windows Media Player will add some stuff to the file that makes Bloodlines crash afterwards!

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #646 on: July 02, 2016, 08:26:31 AM »
No I haven't properly gonna need to dig it out one of the Pak files. Test as in play it?

Yes. It should be outside the archives, but only use a good player like Mediaplayer Classic to listen to it, Windows Media Player will add some stuff to the file that makes Bloodlines crash afterwards!
Or copy the file somewhere else and play the copy, this is the safest bet. Setting the "read only" flag also prevents media player from messing things up.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #647 on: July 02, 2016, 12:49:13 PM »
Made a copy of the 1st line and had a list of the copy; "The warehouse your handy work I presume"

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #648 on: July 04, 2016, 07:25:21 PM »
Having the same problem with a few other first lines of conversations too. Yep my game is cursed.

Offline SirensLure

• Fledgling
« Reply #649 on: July 05, 2016, 07:29:56 PM »
Also not sure if your aware but you can skip the whole paul step in the "More fun with pestilence" quest just by accessing Jess's door at an angle close to the wall it seems to either act like your already on the other side of the door and thus allowing you to open freely or maybe just thinks you have the key card either way you can open the door and talk to her like you have done the quest line part of the issue if you go back to paul you can get stuck with having to kill her again but since she is already dead you now have a dead quest sitting in your log

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #650 on: July 05, 2016, 09:57:44 PM »
Also not sure if your aware but you can skip the whole paul step in the "More fun with pestilence" quest just by accessing Jess's door at an angle close to the wall...

Thanks, you are right and I have just fixed that for 9.6 (I also removed the other thread here)!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:02:49 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline mercurio101

• Fledgling
« Reply #651 on: August 10, 2016, 07:59:51 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum :smile:
I play Steam version of this game with the 9.5 version of unofficial patch. Here is what I have discovered (must've already been reported by someone, but who knows anyway): In Santa-Monica, near the parking lot, I jump on the parking booth, then continue on the nearby building bench, then go around the corner to get to the other side of the closed fence. After entering the small cabin and exit it from the other door, I find myself on the car dump and see a man running away from me trashin' around these cars. The thing is, when I do catch up with him, he speaks to me as if we are in the diner, like: "something I can help you with?" and so on till the "well, goodbye then", which is followed by teleporting us back to the streets.

One more thing: when you are on the mission of blowing up the Sabbath warehouse guarded by humans, you can push the button to do "accident" of tripping shelves on guards, but if you do this and then load the game saved before the aforementioned fact, you cannot reproduce it anymore: some cables do move alright, but the giant crate which must help the shelves trippin' isn't moving at all.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:43:45 PM by mercurio101 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #652 on: August 10, 2016, 10:12:05 PM »
In Santa-Monica, near the parking lot, I jump on the parking booth, then continue on the nearby building bench, then go around the corner to get to the other side of the closed fence.

You found a way to a place you shouldn't be yet. Please continue and tell me if latter on when you get there the scripting still works. Otherwise I need to think of a way to prevent this!

One more thing: when you are on the mission of blowing up the Sabbath warehouse guarded by humans, you can push the button to do "accident" of tripping shelves on guards, but if you do this and then load the game saved before the aforementioned fact, you cannot reproduce it anymore...

Sadly, we can't do anything about this and several other issues connected to saved games not storing everything they are supposed to store!

Offline mercurio101

• Fledgling
« Reply #653 on: August 10, 2016, 10:30:14 PM »
Thanks for reply!
Please continue and tell me if latter on when you get there the scripting still works
OK, I will try and will report.

Sadly, we can't do anything about this and several other issues connected to saved games not storing everything they are supposed to store!
Hmmm... Could I, hypothetically, load game on the previous location (Santa-monica) and be sure that this will not occur? Or this doesn't have any solution at all?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #654 on: August 10, 2016, 10:33:22 PM »
Could I, hypothetically, load game on the previous location (Santa-monica) and be sure that this will not occur? Or this doesn't have any solution at all?

If you load an earlier save and continue without loading after the container fell, everything should work.

Update: I just blocked your premature way into the junkyard across the roofs with some barbed wire :)!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:11:22 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline mercurio101

• Fledgling
« Reply #655 on: August 10, 2016, 11:25:32 PM »
Update: I just blocked your premature way into the junkyard across the roofs with some barbed wire :)!
Wow, that was fast! :holy:
That would be really great because, as I just tested, you being teleported BEHIND the gate which is locked, and there is no way you can get out anymore  :rofl:

Offline rewolf

• Fledgling
« Reply #656 on: August 12, 2016, 03:43:05 PM »
The +1 dexterity from the fae charm doesn't show up on the character sheet. It doesn't update the lockpicking or the sneaking feat either (you see 1 less than it actually is unless you're wearing an armor that deducts dexterity then somehow it calculates the right amount there...). It also shows correct amount after you bloodbuff too. 

Functionally it works though because I was able to lockpick a door that I wouldn't be able to if I didn't have the +1 from the charm and also I can't raise my dexterity past 4 points since I have the +1 from the charm already.

(Since I am already posting that, there's also the video feed in the basement of downtown apartment: when you flip through the cameras, you see hannah on the bed, but when you zoom in on that feed, she is not there.)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #657 on: August 12, 2016, 09:07:40 PM »
The +1 dexterity from the fae charm doesn't show up on the character sheet.

It works fine for me but you don't see the blue dot if you wear armor that reduces dexterity!

(Since I am already posting that, there's also the video feed in the basement of downtown apartment: when you flip through the cameras, you see hannah on the bed, but when you zoom in on that feed, she is not there.)

You can zoom in on the feed? How do you do that?

Offline rewolf

• Fledgling
« Reply #658 on: August 13, 2016, 10:23:38 AM »
You have to be kinda close, and press e on the screen - clicking below the screen causes it to change the cameras.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #659 on: August 13, 2016, 03:18:10 PM »
You have to be kinda close, and press e on the screen - clicking below the screen causes it to change the cameras.

Ah, I forgot about this. But I have no idea why Hannah would disappear then so I just diabled the minimal zoom in as it doesn't matter much anyway...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:59:59 PM by Wesp5 »