collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 143938 times)

Offline Jojobobo

• Ancillus
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #570 on: December 04, 2014, 10:15:08 AM »
Is this reproducable?
I'll try and find out. It is pretty weird.

Another thing, the restored sound effects in the Ocean House Hotel are in Basic. I know you said you were leaving most of the restorations (sound, dialogue) in the Basic version, but I think at least in this instance they should definitely be removed. I found the Ocean House Hotel much creepier when it was more quiet and not using the stereotypical evil villain laughs all the time, it drew more attention to the scarier moments of sound (the girl screaming in the basement for example).

Good/bad suggestion?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #571 on: December 04, 2014, 01:55:19 PM »
Another thing, the restored sound effects in the Ocean House Hotel are in Basic. I know you said you were leaving most of the restorations (sound, dialogue) in the Basic version, but I think at least in this instance they should definitely be removed.

I don't think I added new sound effects there that weren't already in the map only at the wrong place, like the laughing or the shopping flesh sound being in the middle of a wall and thus not audible. So these are fixes to me and not restorations!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:56:50 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Jojobobo

• Ancillus
« Reply #572 on: December 04, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »
I don't think I added new sound effects there that weren't already in the map only at the wrong place, like the laughing or the shopping flesh sound being in the middle of a wall and thus not audible. So these are fixes to me and not restorations!
Fair enough then, some of them do just sound a little over the top.

Offline Hasimir

• Fledgling
    • Organised Adversary
« Reply #573 on: December 12, 2014, 03:20:33 AM »
thank you for your reply.
i understood that im missing a file (several actually), nothing much more. i know that python is a programming language - although what has it do with vtmb eludes me... 8) also compiling is something mythical to me. im stuck at 10 "hello world!" 20 goto 10.
when should have been these files compiled? at installing the game/up? or while playing, in the background? how should i even start to recompile these and how would i know which files to compile? will this happen again?

thanks,
g

Python compiles the .py files into .pyc files itself, you don't need to do anything.  Usually.  You can, however, force it.  I know you've resolved this, but things like this can happen without mods too in which case the thing to do is this (assuming you're on the downtown map):

1) save your game at wherever you're up to.
2) Open the console.
3) Enter this line: from downtown import *
4) Enter this line: reload

The game should load the most recent save (which is why you must save in step 1) and behave itself.  If it still doesn't work try entering the line in point 3 and then saving, then reloading.  If that still doesn't work, do this:

1) Enter: from vamputil import *
2) Enter: from downtown import *
3) Save the game.
4) Enter: reload

You'll probably see a message reporting that vamputil was active when you enter line 2, that's a good sign.

If you're not on a major hub (e.g. you're in the crackhouse and things break) then do either this:

2) Enter: from downtown import *
3) Enter: from crackhouse import *
4) Save the game.
5) Enter: reload

Or this:

2) Enter: from santamonica import *
3) Enter: from crackhouse import *
4) Save the game.
5) Enter: reload

If things break during special missions (e.g. the museum, the giovanni, etc.), use the second one with the santamonica import.

In some cases it *might* be necessary to change the map script import to "from santamonica.santamonica import *", but that's pretty rare.  If truly weird shit happens, try to get a copy of the error message and if I'm not around get Wesp to prod me.

Also, your basic example would lead to a recursive loop.  ;)
Lurking in the shadows, just like any chess loving Lasombra should ...

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #574 on: February 21, 2015, 09:48:02 PM »
Hey, Wesp and friends! It's been a coon's age since I've done a run-through of Bloodlines and just couldn't resist. I just finished a full playthrough of 9.2. I hadn't intended to take notes on issues I had while playing, but I ended up doing it anyway. I also made notes of stuff I liked, just for the sake of letting you know you and everyone else have been doing a great job while I've been away in torpor. Here goes. Everything is in order from when it occurs from beginning to end. Keep in mind I didn't play through any version since like the early 8s or late 7s. Oh, idea...anything I'm griping about/reporting I'll list with a "-" and anything I thought was cool I'll use a "+" to help you keep track of issue reporting! =)

+ I liked adding the broken down car for the rich guy. Its positioning was a little weird, but it was nice for him to have a car since he's talking about it being broken down.
+ I liked the persuasion line you used for having Jack let you keep the gun. I seem to recall it being written well so that his lack of any real response was just fine.
+ Although I didn't like the hollow recording (which you can't help), I liked the cop you could use dialog options on in the tutorial.
+ An NPC disappeared into a poof of smoke in the alley corner behind The Asylum. It freaked me out and I loved it.
+ I heard a ton of new sounds in the Ocean House Hotel. They were quite creepy and improved the mood. And that sunny illusion room music! I loved that music!!! So, so much. It totally fit the surreal quality of that room in the hotel and the tranquility amongst all that chaos and darkness.

- When I'm talking to Heather about helping her, she starts making new sounds where she does a little animation, it sounds kinda like she's giggling and losing her mind. Then you give her your blood and she does the usual gasp and seems excited and feels better. I would recommend doing the giggling animation after you give her your blood, and before she does the gasp and dialog. The giggling just didn't make sense to me where it was. It didn't sound like she was in pain or having a terrible freak out like she was just before the giggles.

- Discipline hand animations make combat even clunkier and slower than usual. It puts away my weapon, which takes about 2 seconds or so for my weapon to be drawn again. This is especially bad when you're using a discipline for the sole purpose of stunning a mini-boss for a few precious seconds to get a few hits in. With the hand animation, you put away your weapon, so you can't get as many hits in, making your disciplines even less useful in a fight. If this is the best that the hand animation can be done, it would seem best to just leave it out entirely because it makes the not-so-good combat even less enjoyable in this game.

+I liked the new Sabbat warehouse music! It was quite good.

- The turnstile is just annoying. Although I did find it enjoyably humorous that you can gripe about it to Venus and she'll remove it, it just seemed like it didn't need to be there. I would actually recommend that you use it at the cable car on the Griffith Park map(s). There's already one turnstile there that doesn't turn. You could put one at on the Griffith Park Parking Lot map at the bottom of the cable car ride, and have it spin. You only have to go through it once both ways since it's at the end of the game that way and it makes more sense given a turnstile is at the top of the ride on the other Griffith Park map.

- The Russian in the Empire Arms parking lot who you are supposed to deal with for Venus won't attack you if you stealth kill his buddies, even if he seems to see it happening.

- I sent Milligan to Pisha. I went to see Pisha and she asked why I hadn't send him down yet...which didn't make sense because I did send him to her. It still let me tell her that I took care of him though, so it didn't break the quest. Btw, any reason why he can't be sent to Vandal for the donor replacement quest?

- I talked to Tin Can Bill and Damsel so that I had instructions to go into the sewer and to go check on Paul. I went to the Skyeline Apartments first and saw Paul's corpse and got the location of the Empire Arms plaguebearer from the gal upstairs. Before killing that plaguebearer, I went to the sewer Tin Can Bill referred me to and killed Brother Kanker, but when my quest updated, it told me I should go look for Paul even though I'd done the Paul stuff.

+ I like the new Ground 0 music!

- Totally found an error here! The Daimonori occult item says you need Research 4. I had Research 7 and it didn't identify it. Then I increased my Firearms to 4 and it identified! Apparently the Daimonori is checking your Firearms skill instead of your Research skill.

+The Brothers Salvage Lasombra animation was really cool.
+I love the new Andrei cutscene before he starts to speak at King's Way, where it looks like you walked in on him working.
+ That library music is great!

??? I Googled the shortcut door in the Warrens and saw where you posted it wasn't finished yet. Just where will it let players out when you finish implementing it?

+ The music you put in the Warrens for the Nosferatu area worked so well. It was like a flatter version of the Hollywood music above ground, which was artistically snazzy.
+I liked seeing Kiki at the Red Dragon. It didn't make sense before for her to just be gone after being rescued from a kidnapping.

- What happened to the Chinatown mugger? I'm pretty sure I checked every alley I could trying to find him.

- It does not make sense to give an XP bonus to players for stealth killing Johnny rather than going in to talk to him. You are supposed to find out where the Nosferatu is from Johnny. The main character should think that Johnny's death could cause the Nosferatu to be impossible to locate because you need Johnny. Just because there's actually another way to find out shouldn't matter, because the main character doesn't realize this, so rewarding the player for "doing it wrong" seems crazy.

-Wong Ho sits floating in front of his chair when you visit him after the Fu Syndicate. I dont' know if he started doing that earlier than this, though.

+ That dog sliced into 3 segments in the Giovanni Stronghold was awesome!!!

:'(  Giovanni Stronghold is empty and lame in retrospect. So many rooms lack decoration, personality, and people. While I understand the real world can be like this, the WoD portrayed in Bloodlines is oozing with personality and bursting at the seams with characters and mood. I think the Giovanni Stronghold really feels like the first part of the game where the quality is drastically dropping off from the rest due to how empty it feels. That main room with Mira and the others is great, and the rooms she takes you to have personality, but everything else is pretty terrible inside the mansion. I know this isn't something you can really do anything about; just kinda throwing it out there as I never realized just how bad this mansion was in the past. Some rooms have zero furniture and no one in them. Just bad. =( Again, this is kinda just me bitching and angry at the game's creators for this poor map. The Society cave felt better decorated and designed!

+ That Hallowbrook Hotel atrium freaked me out. My jaw dropped and I was shocked. I actually kinda liked it. The lighting and mood of the room was nice. My only complaint would probably be that it seems physically impossible for the size of the hotel as it appears outside, to be believable as containing everything it did in the original version PLUS that atrium. Still, I can suspend my disbelief to admit it was a cool room and I like it being there. =)
+ The blood hunt music is really short, but damn is it good and it worked well!!!

- In the end credits in widescreen mode, the very far left portion of the base of the far left building is missing a big piece of itself. It's just not there. Maybe it's because they didn't put it there since widescreen resolutions weren't as much of a thing back then.

??? Was all the new music originally in the game's files but just unused? It was so good!

Thanks for another excellent patch and for the work everyone does with the testing and posting their findings. I would make a little report for every game I played that I liked which had issues if developers actually looked at my posts. =p
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:18:18 PM by DarkProphet »

Offline Maxus Corvin

• Methuselah
  • As of yet, only half evil...
« Reply #575 on: February 21, 2015, 11:36:09 PM »
- What happened to the Chinatown mugger? I'm pretty sure I checked every alley I could trying to find him.

He was re-purposed for a male blood doll in the Red Dragon. Well, his model, anyway. Not sure about his dialogue.

- In the end credits in widescreen mode, the very far left portion of the base of the far left building is missing a big piece of itself. It's just not there. Maybe it's because they didn't put it there since widescreen resolutions weren't as much of a thing back then.

Yep, it's a widescreen issue. it only happens with certain endings though, mostly those that don't involve the explosion. Kuei-Jin/Camarilla/Sabbat. It's both because of the camera placement(which creates the problem with widescreen), and the fact that some buildings were not completely modeled.

What's funny is that the game has settings to use widescreen(which are more ini tweaks than in-game settings, at least without the UP), even if it isn't perfect. But the only issue seems to be the "use" icon background scaling, but the actual icon(say for a door or item pickup) doesn't scale the same way.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:42:09 PM by Maxus Corvin »

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #576 on: February 22, 2015, 04:35:41 AM »
Ah, thanks Maxus. I figured that was the case about the widescreen, and yes, I chose the Camarilla/Strauss/Raiders of the Lost Ark ending. Ahhh, the male blood doll. That explains it!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #577 on: February 22, 2015, 10:32:47 AM »
Hi DarkProphet,

cool to have you back! You awakened one version too soon though, because the next one will have two more new maps :).

+ I liked adding the broken down car for the rich guy. Its positioning was a little weird, but it was nice for him to have a car since he's talking about it being broken down.

The position was the only one feasible, because otherwise NPCs would get stuck. And of course it's an unused restored model!

+ An NPC disappeared into a poof of smoke in the alley corner behind The Asylum. It freaked me out and I loved it.

This was already hidden in the game files but inactive and broken. I restored and fixed it, probably a Sabbat observing you...

+ I heard a ton of new sounds in the Ocean House Hotel. They were quite creepy and improved the mood. And that sunny illusion room music! I loved that music!!! So, so much.

The music was already in there, either I fixed its location or made it louder. Also most of the others sounds were actually fixes, except for some more ghost voices that I restored!

- When I'm talking to Heather about helping her, she starts making new sounds where she does a little animation, it sounds kinda like she's giggling and losing her mind.

Hm, I can't remember changing anything there.

- Discipline hand animations make combat even clunkier and slower than usual.

This is known but intended because Bloodlines is very easy anyway. But fear not, in the next version you can disable this!

+I liked the new Sabbat warehouse music! It was quite good.

This one like all the other new music pieces are unused work from Rik Schaffer, which I use with his permission! See the readme in the sounds/music folder, which I will move elsewhere in the next version so it is more obvious.

- The turnstile is just annoying. Although I did find it enjoyably humorous that you can gripe about it to Venus and she'll remove it, it just seemed like it didn't need to be there.

I know that it is annoying, this is why Venus can remove it. But beta screenshots show that it was intended to be exactly there!

- The Russian in the Empire Arms parking lot who you are supposed to deal with for Venus won't attack you if you stealth kill his buddies, even if he seems to see it happening.

I wasn't aware of this, fixed!

- I sent Milligan to Pisha. I went to see Pisha and she asked why I hadn't send him down yet...which didn't make sense because I did send him to her.

What dialogue option did you use to sent him to her? What is the value of G.Mill_Persuaded?

Btw, any reason why he can't be sent to Vandal for the donor replacement quest?

Probably because there is no good reason for him to go there, no good answer and it would be extra work ;)!

Before killing that plaguebearer, I went to the sewer Tin Can Bill referred me to and killed Brother Kanker, but when my quest updated, it told me I should go look for Paul even though I'd done the Paul stuff.

Can you cite exactly what the quest log looked like then?

- Totally found an error here! The Daimonori occult item says you need Research 4. I had Research 7 and it didn't identify it. Then I increased my Firearms to 4 and it identified! Apparently the Daimonori is checking your Firearms skill instead of your Research skill.

No, this was just a coincidence. The items get identified the next time the idle check triggers, sometimes even only in the next map.

Googled the shortcut door in the Warrens and saw where you posted it wasn't finished yet. Just where will it let players out when you finish implementing it?

This will already be in 9.3 and will offer a shortcut through the whole warrens section to avoid the endless fighting there.

+ The music you put in the Warrens for the Nosferatu area worked so well. It was like a flatter version of the Hollywood music above ground, which was artistically snazzy.

As with all the others, original Rik Schaffer stuff! This one was named hollywood 2 so I think this is where it fits best.

+I liked seeing Kiki at the Red Dragon. It didn't make sense before for her to just be gone after being rescued from a kidnapping.

She was already there but disabled. I only had to tweak her dialogue a bit!

As has already been explained, he was turned into a male blood doll, as there was info about it in the Red Dragon map!

- It does not make sense to give an XP bonus to players for stealth killing Johnny rather than going in to talk to him.

Well, Troika planned it like this so I restored it. Maybe the player thinks he can search Johnnys stuff for info later?

-Wong Ho sits floating in front of his chair when you visit him after the Fu Syndicate

He should only do this when you first visit him. Also he should be sitting on the edge, just like Chunk :)!

I think the Giovanni Stronghold really feels like the first part of the game where the quality is drastically dropping off from the rest due to how empty it feels.

Maybe this is true. I alreade restored a lot of stuff like the dog to make the basement room and crypt look better, but there just isn't something to use above stairs!

+ That Hallowbrook Hotel atrium freaked me out. My jaw dropped and I was shocked. I actually kinda liked it.

Great! About the size, most of the buildings in Bloodlines are not big enough on the outside to contair their interiors, but the atrium size was fixed by the railings models, which are all restored stuff!

Sadly, I can't do anything about this...

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #578 on: February 22, 2015, 11:51:18 AM »
cool to have you back! You awakened one version too soon though, because the next one will have two more new maps :).

Whoa, snazzy. What sort of new maps are these going to be?

The music was already in there, either I fixed its location or made it louder. Also most of the others sounds were actually fixes, except for some more ghost voices that I restored!

You definitely did something. I've (sadly) beaten this game more than 30 times (lost count after 30) and haven never once noticed that music anywhere in the Ocean House Hotel! Even the tiny things you do really matter to some people for the better. =)

This is known but intended because Bloodlines is very easy anyway. But fear not, in the next version you can disable this!

Cool. Yeah, definitely didn't have problems being victorious. It just felt aggravating to remove some of what little smoothness combat had to it in the first place. I'm glad it will be optional so that everyone can choose which they prefer.

This one like all the other new music pieces are unused work from Rik Schaffer, which I use with his permission! See the readme in the sounds/music folder, which I will move elsewhere in the next version so it is more obvious.

That's so cool. Troika was brilliant, but I can't believe they didn't use some of this music! All the new music I commented on was really good stuff in my opinion, and not just because it's a backdrop to my favorite game. Just a guess, but perhaps they ran out of time when making the game and didn't get to place some of the songs. I can't imagine too many other reasons for the songs being left out completely, because there used to be so many areas with repeat "music"/ambient background noise that lacked uniqueness. This music makes some of the areas feel more special than they originally did. Kudos, and it's awesome that Rik Schaffer allowed this!

I wasn't aware of this, fixed!

Yay! I did find something wrong (Russian outside Empire Arms). Granted, as far as bugs/issues go, that's a pretty minor one. =p  It sounds like I didn't find much else wrong this time. Oh well, I'm just going to keep hugging onto my crusade when I felt Blood Boil wasn't working correctly in certain areas back in the day (no area of effect damage) despite people arguing that it was intended when it turned out that friendly fire was off, so that got fixed. I don't even really use Blood Boil much when I play Tremere, but that was possibly the bug/issue that pissed me off the most, so I'll just be happy that one got resolved back in the day after I whined about it enough. ;D

What dialogue option did you use to sent him to her? What is the value of G.Mill_Persuaded?

Sadly, I haven't looked at the values in a few years. I seem to recall that being somewhere in the console, but I no longer have a save at that part of the game.

Can you cite exactly what the quest log looked like then?

I can't recall exactly. It just talked about needing to go see Paul to uncover the location of the next plaguebearer. So I would say it looked like it looks after you have killed Kanker but before you found Paul dead. But the problem was that I had already found Paul dead and talked to the girl upstairs (Hannah I think?) and learned about Jezebel Locke and that she's at Empire Arms.

No, this was just a coincidence. The items get identified the next time the idle check triggers, sometimes even only in the next map.

Bizarre. Oh well, I thought I'd totally found an issue and the specific reason why it existed. Darn. I guess I should be happy that it's not broken at all. ;D

This will already be in 9.3 and will offer a shortcut through the whole warrens section to avoid the endless fighting there.

Oh hell yes. I'm certainly not a hardcore challenge-lover, per se, but I doubt many people would consider skipping this level a cheat. It has no real story relevance and is perhaps the worst part of the game. Even the Temple and Tower combat levels at least have a little variety and that feeling of build-up to a big boss battle. The warrens are after you've beaten a boss and they just go on forever with lots of "Where do I go now???" the first time you play it. I think this is a great change and look forward to trying it out next time, even if the hacking requirement seemed pretty darn steep if I recall correctly...

As with all the others, original Rik Schaffer stuff! This one was named hollywood 2 so I think this is where it fits best.

Everything I heard seemed spot-on where you put it!

Maybe this is true. I alreade restored a lot of stuff like the dog to make the basement room and crypt look better, but there just isn't something to use above stairs!

The dog was awesome, but then, I never was an animal-lover. ;)  I certainly don't blame you for upstairs. I just wish Troika had more time so they could flesh that level out. It would've seemed less empty if they'd just locked off the empty/useless areas of the mansion with locks that can't be picked.

~~ Oh! Something I didn't mention or ask about before: the Lasombra in the library. When I got to him, I wish I had a reaction camera for my face in real life, because I was so confused as my character leapt into action toward two vampires next to a coffin doing something I couldn't tell what. Are there any plans for maybe a book/journal or a computer journal (like the Foxy Boxes Kuei-Jin) for the Lasombra, to explain the ritual being planned just a little bit before the fight, so that the whole leap-slash toward two vampires beside a coffin makes a bit of sense? Normally you would walk up and start talking to characters to find out what they're doing, so some sort of journal/info telling you there's a dangerous ritual would help justify your character's auto-pilot actions.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 12:03:21 PM by DarkProphet »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #579 on: February 22, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
Hi DarkProphet,

Whoa, snazzy. What sort of new maps are these going to be?

one will be the already mentioned sewer shortcut, because even Leonard Boyarsky himself said recently in an interview by Sebastian Thor from Eurogamer about a possible Bloodlines remake: "I hope they shorten the sewers; those things go on forever, nfortunately." Therefore this map. It will have some small sewer areas as seen from beta screenshots and both mini-bosses but little else...

The second map will be Grout's maze in the Malkavian mansion. Again conceived after some beta screenshots and using dozends of unused assets most of them actually intended to be there, which can be seen by the names. It will offer a small roundabout to skip the fighting in the basement. Both maps were started by EntenSchreck and finished by myself actually using the Hammer editor :)!

Even the tiny things you do really matter to some people for the better. =)

Especially in the Ocean House I'm proud for every little bit I could improve!

That's so cool. Troika was brilliant, but I can't believe they didn't use some of this music!

Some areas were cut after Rik Schaffer composed the music. Like the East Los Angeles Hub...

I seem to recall that being somewhere in the console, but I no longer have a save at that part of the game.

Then I can do nothing about this for now, because I can't find any obvious errors.

It just talked about needing to go see Paul to uncover the location of the next plaguebearer.

So you talked to Hannah after you already killed Kanker?

Are there any plans for maybe a book/journal or a computer journal (like the Foxy Boxes Kuei-Jin) for the Lasombra, to explain the ritual being planned just a little bit before the fight, so that the whole leap-slash toward two vampires beside a coffin makes a bit of sense?

That's already been made for the next patch. My view on this is that they don't want to awaken someone, as I thought before, but that it's just an initiation ritual. Beckett's emails explain this better now: "Hello young one... a contact of mine noticed a Lasombra in town recruiting kindred for the Sabbat. He followed him to the LA public library but has vanished there..." and "Hello again... my contact told me that you interrupted one Sabbat initiation ritual at the library that almost got him killed. He will arrange that there won't be another chance for something like this there."

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #580 on: February 22, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »
one will be the already mentioned sewer shortcut, because even Leonard Boyarsky himself said recently in an interview by Sebastian Thor from Eurogamer about a possible Bloodlines remake: "I hope they shorten the sewers; those things go on forever, nfortunately." Therefore this map. It will have some small sewer areas as seen from beta screenshots and both mini-bosses but little else...

It's so strange that they spent so much time and money making those sewers when they could have spent them elsewhere. I guess you don't know how something is until you experience it for yourself, though. Then again, sewer levels are infamous for being unliked in many games, so that was kind of a clue...

The second map will be Grout's maze in the Malkavian mansion. Again conceived after some beta screenshots and using dozends of unused assets most of them actually intended to be there, which can be seen by the names. It will offer a small roundabout to skip the fighting in the basement. Both maps were started by EntenSchreck and finished by myself actually using the Hammer editor :)!

Whoa, cool. Are there enemies and things to find in the maze? Any puzzles or anything?

So you talked to Hannah after you already killed Kanker?

I talked to her before I killed Kanker. Then I killed Kanker before I ever went to Empire Arms. That's when it gave the quest log saying I needed to go find Paul at Skyeline to find out the other plaguebearer's location, even though I had already found it out.

That's already been made for the next patch. My view on this is that they don't want to awaken someone, as I thought before, but that it's just an initiation ritual. Beckett's emails explain this better now: "Hello young one... a contact of mine noticed a Lasombra in town recruiting kindred for the Sabbat. He followed him to the LA public library but has vanished there..." and "Hello again... my contact told me that you interrupted one Sabbat initiation ritual at the library that almost got him killed. He will arrange that there won't be another chance for something like this there."

Awesome! It won't be perfect, but that sounds much better than what's in there currently.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #581 on: February 22, 2015, 04:44:22 PM »
It's so strange that they spent so much time and money making those sewers when they could have spent them elsewhere.

I guess they wanted some more fighting in the game, but I agree with you. I don't like sewers too, in any game whatsoever!

Whoa, cool. Are there enemies and things to find in the maze? Any puzzles or anything?

Not really. One really simple puzzle and one nasty surprise. The rest just looks strange ;).

Then I killed Kanker before I ever went to Empire Arms. That's when it gave the quest log saying I needed to go find Paul at Skyeline to find out the other plaguebearer's location, even though I had already found it out.

You see, that can't really have happened because when you kill Kanker you always get the update to kill the other plaguebearer, not to go and see Paul...

Offline DiamondBorne

• Ancillus
« Reply #582 on: February 23, 2015, 05:03:57 AM »
Where can i find the song used in the locket room at the Oceanhouse hotel?

File destination please.

Offline DarkProphet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #583 on: February 25, 2015, 11:02:00 PM »
Where can i find the song used in the locket room at the Oceanhouse hotel?

File destination please.

I can't swear it's the right song, but I just listened to every song in the music and music subfolders, and my best guess is that it's a song called "Come Around (Unused)". You can find it here if you're using the Steam version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines\Vampire\sound\music   For non-steam, it's probably C:\Program Files\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines\Vampire\sound\music

Offline Lysander

• Fledgling
« Reply #584 on: April 26, 2015, 10:31:31 PM »
There's a bit of weirdness with my game -- when I'm moving and try to stop, my character keeps going for a second or two, as if sliding on ice or or rollerskating.  Not sure if it's from the patch but I don't remember it doing that before now.