collapse

Author Topic: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions  (Read 145569 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bug reports, Issues and Solutions
« Reply #510 on: May 07, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »
(vampire.dll from v1.2 and also all vampire.dlls that come with U.P. break the animation)

Okay, so the problem is vampire.dll! Can someone diff the files and fix this? Because 1.0 with CD check is a no-go for all Steam users and we don't know what 1.2 fixed inside vampire.dll.

Offline RE3Nfan

• Fledgling
« Reply #511 on: May 21, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »
So guys, do you have any progress with this?

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #512 on: July 26, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »
Hey, just installed 9.0 and started the tutorial (I always run it, to get the lockpick), and when I am exiting the chop shop I get killed by the sabbat with the SMGs instantly (?). I think I've had this happen once before with an older version of the unofficial patch but I can't remember what I had to do to fix it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:29:34 PM by GlassDeviant »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #513 on: July 26, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »
Hey, just installed 9.0 and started the tutorial (I always run it, to get the lockpick), and when I am exiting the chop shop I get killed by the sabbat with the SMGs instantly (?).

Hm, I never heard of this bug before. Do you have any other mods installed?

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #514 on: July 26, 2014, 11:28:01 PM »
Nothing, but I did it a bit wierd:

1) installed game from CDs
2) installed 1.2 official
3) installed 8.8 unofficial while I waited for 9.0 to download
4) installed 9.0

started a new game after installing 9.0, with some edits to various files:

autoexec.cfg
cl_obfuscate_daylight "0"
autosave_on "0"
vchar_skip_intro "1"

config.cfg
dsp_dist_max "1440"
muzzleflash_light "0"
cl_showfps 1

and some edits to clandoc000.txt to have different disciplines, attribute order, ability order, etc.

After the first death, I tried jacking the hitpoints up to 30, still died but it took longer, maybe I will try 100 and then set it back to something more normal using the console. It's as if whatever normally blocks taking damage after the first hit during the cutscene where Jack is taking out the sabbat, is just not kicking in.

Edit: Well I got past it but only by jacking my hitpoints up to 200 (100 would have probably been fine but 50 wouldn't have been enough as the damage just keeps coming). Now I have a wierd situation where the Drug Box from the Medical Centre is worth $0 and can't be sold to Trip, so I have to dump it in my apartment desk to get it out of inventory. This also did not happen in 8.8.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:59:12 AM by GlassDeviant »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #515 on: July 27, 2014, 09:01:06 AM »
Hm, that really sounds weird. :chinscratch:
If you haven't created a typo or lost some ", the changes you have made are quite safe and won't cause trouble.

I'd suspect either a corrupted download or a problem with your unconventional installation. Did you by chance install one of the patches as basic and the other one as plus?

Maybe you should download the 9.0 patch again and completely reinstall from scratch. And then only the original game from the cds and the patch. You don't need the official patch. It is included in Wesps patch and all the major mods.
And if you have enough disc space, I suggest you install the game, then make a copy of the whole thing, including all subdirectories, and install the patch on the copy. This way you can have several copies running at the same time. That will allow you to check out some mods without having to uninstall and reinstall the whole game everytime you want to try something new.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #516 on: July 27, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »
I can give it a try.

OK, clean install, to a completely new folder (C:\Games\Blooclines), this time without the 8.8 step.

Made all of my changes either by copy-and-paste or careful editing of the values between the "", and then re-read them over twice to make sure three were no errors.

Still, if I had not jacked my hitpoints up to 100, I would have taken so much damage from the sabbat behind the chop shop that I would have died. I was left with roughly 40/100. Is this script basing the damage on a percentage or an absolute value?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:54:48 PM by GlassDeviant »

Offline vladdmaster

• Fledgling
« Reply #517 on: July 27, 2014, 06:36:09 PM »
Now I have a wierd situation where the Drug Box from the Medical Centre is worth $0 and can't be sold to Trip, so I have to dump it in my apartment desk to get it out of inventory. This also did not happen in 8.8.
This happens because since U.P. v9.0 Drug Box is a quest item so it is unsellable. You can give it to Trip if you took his "Drug Trip" quest.

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #518 on: July 28, 2014, 02:52:18 AM »
Cool. I haven't found that quest yet, but I'll look for it.

I seem to be getting no end of strange things happening in 9.0, now I am encountering teams of two vampire hunters (torch lady and crossbow thug) at 3 masquerade violations that are literally unbeatable. The crossbow guy hits me for half my health every shot, and the torch lady hits for about 1/4 of it.

Also, up to three music tracks are playing at the same time, depending on where I am and if I have the character sheet open or not.

Offline aldrisang

• Ancillus
« Reply #519 on: July 28, 2014, 03:02:14 AM »
Use quick-save before you attempt to feed in public, and often beside that, and you won't have to worry about Masq violations. I usually get one just to take down a hunter with a torch, and there's the Masq redemption right in Santa Monica from LaCroix... I feel that, at this point, Masquerade violations should not be a problem that people have, unless they're not saving often.

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #520 on: July 28, 2014, 04:21:07 AM »
I deliberately pile up 4 violations before turning in the werewolf blood so I can get a torch and crossbow early. The problem is the difficulty of the fight, it's never been this hard to take out the pair before. I did it effortlessly on 8.8. This time I had to get all tactical and use all my disciplines, I almost wish I could pause the battle and assign tasks like in Dragon Age, but with a single character it's not too much.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:23:24 AM by GlassDeviant »

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #521 on: July 28, 2014, 05:46:39 AM »
This patch is seriously messed up.

There is nobody in Skyelike Apartments at all. Simon Milligan is not hiding in his closet. Paul the Ghoul is not lying dead on his kitchen floor. Neither Sean Milton nor Paul the Ghoul has the proper message on his answering machine, so you can't trigger the next stage of Mudd Hunt and you can't get into Hannah's apartment for Plague for the Angels or Fun With Pestilence. The Tin Can Bill dialogue tree is completely missing.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:48:48 AM by GlassDeviant »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #522 on: July 28, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »
This patch is seriously messed up.

You are free to try it again with 9.1 which is coming out soon if not today, but 9.0 did work for almost all other people, so I would guess your own changes are to blaim. One wrong comma or missing space and all hell can break loose ;)!

Offline GlassDeviant

• Neonate
« Reply #523 on: July 28, 2014, 03:00:10 PM »
ok, my editing skills are just fine, but to replace a long-winded post, I will ask one simple question:

Will adding more than the standard three Disciplines cause this sort of unpredictable crazy behaviour in the game? I did this before with 8.8, but not to the extent that I did this time. Everything appears to work fine with using them and so on, but if it's disturbing something somewhere deep in the inner workings of the game, perhaps this is the crux of the issue.

I can't see how it would happen, but then I am no programmer or modder, so I can't even begin to know what's going on deep inside the program or how the number of disciplines might disturb the internal database enough to affect seemingly unrelated aspects of the game.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:17:34 PM by GlassDeviant »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #524 on: July 28, 2014, 05:36:34 PM »
Six is the maximum number of disciplines that can be handled by the characterscreen. Apart from that, there should be no problem with additional disciplines.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod