collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: (Clan Quest Mod) Diablerie Humanity Loss  (Read 386 times)

Offline gx240

• Fledgling
(Clan Quest Mod) Diablerie Humanity Loss
« on: August 12, 2020, 09:21:04 pm »
I'm looking at trying out Clan Quest Mod (4.1) for the the first time, but I don't completely understand how it handles the Humanity loss from Diablerie. The CQM Sabbat walkthrough page says that it decreases your Humanity pool and not just your Humanity dots every time you commit diablerie. It also says this isn't reflected on the character sheet.
Does this mean that after committing diablerie 10 times the game automatically ends, because you would be at Humanity 0? How is the player's Humanity pool stored and viewed ingame? Is it just a variable that can be accessed through the console? Can you modify it with the console?

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: (Clan Quest Mod) Diablerie Humanity Loss
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 07:22:43 pm »
If humanity reach 0, game ends, yes.
But you can increase you humanity doing good actions or dancing.
You can see your humanity up in the character sheet.
If you want to cheat it using console, just give you enough xp to buy points, clan quest rules makes that 1 point cost is 100 xp (to prevent that player buy points)

Offline gx240

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 09:19:12 pm »
Ah OK, that all makes sense. This is the part that was confusing me though:

if you successfully diablerize them, then it’s an automatic permanent loss of humanity – meaning you lose a dot in humanity, and also your total humanity pool is reduced by one as well, e.g. the first time you commit diablerie your humanity pool is reduced to nine, the second time to eight. This can’t be represented on your character sheet unfortunately.
Was this permanent humanity loss they're talking about never actually implemented? You can still increase your humanity back up normally by dancing, quests, etc?

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 07:25:18 pm »
Yes, you can increase it as usual.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:33:16 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Valamyr

• Kindred
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 06:10:06 am »
Wait, that's not right. There is a penalty in CQM for diablerie, it lowers max humanity by 1 dot every time, just like it says. Realistically you wont be able to do it 10 times though. I think I did it 5 or 6 in my Sabbat game, probably 7 is doable if you keep the majority of sidequests for the endgame.

So if youre gonna do that you gotta be cool with finishing with 3-5 humanity or so (3 is doable but probably annoying on a Brujah..) because your 'humanity gained' will still show up when it should but you'll never actually go above your new 'cap'.

Offline gx240

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 07:54:35 am »
Ah I had actually forgotten about this post. Since I posted this I've done multiple playthroughs as a Sabbat with a heavy emphasis on diablerie. I can confirm that it is possible to diablerize all 11 diablerie targets in a single playthrough, although it is extremely difficult and requires very careful planning to manage Humanity. I had to restart several times to get everything right.

The "Humanity cap" that the documentation talks about was never actually implemented. Your max Humanity is never lowered. The fact that I was able to diablerize 11 NPCs in one playthrough proves that (since it would put me at -1 Humanity, if it were implemented). You lose one humanity dot each time you commit diablerie, but you can gain it back through dancing in clubs and through conversations/quests.

I'm not sure if the developer of the mod just never got around to implementing the maximum humanity loss, or if there was some kind of technical difficulty in actually getting it to work. I know a lot of stuff in Bloodlines is hard coded in very unexpected and frustrating ways, so it might not have been possible. Or he might have just wanted to stick closer to the Pen and Paper VTM experience. In the books there's never a permanent limitation on your maximum Road/Path. Diablerie just costs you an automatic loss of one dot for certain paths that forbid murder/cannibalism (like the Path/Road of Humanity).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 08:00:17 am by gx240 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal