collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 112528 times)

Offline Darkfury

• Neonate
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #780 on: February 04, 2022, 08:26:00 pm »
Here Ava this is my last one 5.3 version with all corrections --i'm not sure for Marion dlg....   Besides all is what i wanted to be...

LINK Here-----     https://ufile.io/1fuxw1fb

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #781 on: February 05, 2022, 07:34:34 pm »
Thanks for the new link,  Darkfury! I will take a look and give feedback to you in email as always. :azn:

Have a nice day!

Offline Xiggie

• Fledgling
« Reply #782 on: February 07, 2022, 09:10:53 pm »
Argikt and the rest, thank you so much for this masterpiece! I cannot believe you call War Games a mod, this is an overhaul the scale of a new game - absolutely brilliant, and a great gift to community. Thank you so much!   

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #783 on: February 07, 2022, 09:24:53 pm »
Thank you so much Xiggie, I think I can speak for the crew in this project saying it ss our pleasure, making a mod for this great game.
Your comments and recognizement, keep pushing us working. :grin:
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 09:44:51 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Runza77

• Ancillus
« Reply #784 on: February 09, 2022, 06:07:04 pm »
My first impressions about the game (i am currently in Paris):

- Maybe should you think to do a different model for the sire of the Nosferatu PC?

- I don't know why but in Paris streets my game freezes and crashes often... 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 07:04:13 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Soilie

• Ancillus
« Reply #785 on: September 25, 2022, 05:04:59 am »
Here Ava this is my last one 5.3 version with all corrections --i'm not sure for Marion dlg....   Besides all is what i wanted to be...

LINK Here-----     https://ufile.io/1fuxw1fb
Can someone reupload file "SmallTalksforWarGames5.3.rar" please?

Offline SCO

• Methuselah
« Reply #786 on: October 26, 2022, 09:39:14 pm »
Just a reminder that this bug:
https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-modding/world-war-2-mod/msg156666/#msg156666
still exists in the mod. I'm not sure my 'solution' is the best one, since i'm pretty sure that the CQM/UP bloodshield/bloodform is of a higher quality than the result, although it's better than a black texture and the vampire light strob red light on scenario items.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 09:40:54 pm by SCO »

Offline PaKaniuk

• Fledgling
« Reply #787 on: October 30, 2022, 08:46:20 pm »
Hello there!

I Finished mod and wanted to give a feedback, which - maybe - could be usefull.

First of of all: this mod is astonishing I will not flattering modteam here a lot of people did this already, but only want to say that I see and appreciate this work, it's great. I read comments with complains in this topic: where people wrote about non historically accurate assets like textures and models. This is not a problem, it's still a WIP after all. Same with voiceacting. Using synthesizer it's wise and responsible move. It's far more easier to correct anything in that case. I remember when couple of years ago CQM author wrote that he can't change confusing dialogs because they were allready recorded which was expensive and logistically hard. Your decision lets avoid this kind of problems. I can appreciate and respect people who think perspectively.

Also It's not true what people say about this mod. It's stable. During three playthroughs I had couple CTD, but nothing I could replicate. Crashes were totally random and not more frequent then CQM or UP. This is my hard statement and I will fight for it to the last breath.

Now, fast bugreport:

1. In Zurich, inside Aristocrat's house, is a table with some newspaper on it. When you get close to read it, and unwittingly touch the table, it start to shake like crazy and stops only after it moves from beneath newspaper that will stay levitating in the air.

2. In spy appartment in Portsmouth, with enough inspection, you can see that there is something near the pan, but you will be never able to get acces to it, because it's too much lumber in there to get inside wc.

3. Bishop Giordano is still unbeatable force able to win war for the Axis powers without Nachzehrer's projects. This was already reported and even someone wrote that it's solved. But no, still happens. Good news is that I was able to "not reproduce" this bug. It has to do something with meshes(?) because if I force him to move his ass from place where he was teleported everything is fine and I can kill him. But if he stay in the place where he teleport himself it's done. Reload. Moving is actually not a cause, but a symptom - I think - way to check if he stucked, in the same way as we stuck sometime and have to use noclip to get out.

4. If we talk about him it would be good to increase his "range" on Vatican map. I managed to discover him there only during third playthrough. Don't get me wrong he is visible and all, but he don't start conversasion if you don't get close to him (or even you have to initiade it, I don't remember). However getting close to him is not encouraged enough (this two people, he giving blessing, it's tight in there, it's Bloodlines after all, you have some habits preventing you from stucking in tight places). I mean everything is O.K. but you have to get too close. Increasing range of him initialising conversation would be great.

5. Poland mine map has something hard to discover. In the corner of the map, above trains, there is a concrete uppershelf (not sure is it good word) where you can get using ladder. Up there are armboxes with ITHACA. During climbing on ladder you can see texture with "sparkle" writing under it. This texture is glued to a redbulp lamp hanging from this "shelf". It's hard to spot. But if you climb on a ladder it's right before you're nose.

6. Similar thing in Paris Hub. There is a guy, near the warehouse with big yellow "missing" under his feet. It probably has something to do with "missing glasswine" announcement I get everytime entering Paris Hub. On the other hand it's so hard to miss that you probably already know about it.

7. Inside Venom.dlg there is a condition i two lines, that looks like this: "(pc.CalcFeat("Stealth")". Changing it to: "pc.CalcFeat("Sneaking")" resolve problem of not being able to finish one branch of the alligator quest.

8. If you are looking for vines to enter Gestapo HQ you can stray behind second officer house there are missing/invisible textures in there and exciting possibility fall from the map.

9. Similar case in Paris Hub. It is possible to jump above wall and fall to Loara River, which means fall of the map.

10. Cultist in Paris basement gives you masquerade violation and masquerade redemption (yes, in that order) in one dialog option.

11. Death during dialog in Rouen basement and in final cutscene. But this is something you are probably aware of.

12. If you find, not buy IMI Desert Eagle it will disappear from youre inventory. I'm not sure how exactly this bug work because i spotted it recently.

13. 0 money clips envelopes and etc. I found one in Phantomas Haven and three in Meyer safe.

Now quest bugs. This is category on it's own rights.

1. Journal entries screw your game foreshadowing future quests. For example: you see something glowing and sparkling, acting like a magpie you take it. BOOM. Journal entry about quest that haven't started.

2. Journal Entries reactivate quests allready finished. For example: you get old family photo of someone as a some sort of quest reward, acting like inquisitive kitty you go to show it someone, who maybe tell some interesting lore. BOOM. Journal entry restarting quest that you allready finished from it middlestage.

3. Quest leftowers. For example: you finished quest in epic battle style, acting like a squirrel you return for a loot that was left there. BOOM. You meet a person that shouldn't be there because you allready spoke with someone that she's - thankfully - not there anymore.

Afformentioned two things (journal conditions and not cleaning after quests) are real problems in its core, but we can get to details:
Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Infinite money from Dan. Thugs dialog don't check (or do this mistakenly) state of quest, so you are able to restart it from the middle and finish to take some cash (i don't remember what's about exp).

2. Portsmouth spy stays in toilet after speaking with her. She is there to the end and you can spoke to her like she was rescued seconds before. Script for smallhut doesn't check state of the quest or do it mistakenly or don't remove her after check succes. For me this is leftower that should be "cleaned".

3. The Same case with Francine which stays in the Massage Parlour after quest is finished. This is my third example from above.

4. Smith's granddaughter's .dlg file don't check state of the quest or do it mistakenly. This is my second example from above.

5. Journal entries operate on too little amount of conditions thats why you have to rob Louvre three times independently and in order to save consistency of your playthrough. Louvre was my example number one from above.

6. Spy quest is so problematic that I will propose to redesign it (I will write how in next post because this one starting to be long one) I believe this will be easier than repairing it. It has a lot of problems: can be restarted after completion by denouncing Thomas Cross and probably Portsmouth Spy. Also walking thru watchmaker questline will at some point prevent you from denouncing Hooded Spy, but when you denounce Gretchen Journal entry state that you denounced Hooded Spy. Theres a lot of coding to repair
it in that state.

7. Gas station owner can be asked for cultist before speaking to father Charles, probably before speaking to hintman also (I don't remember).

8. Shopkeeper in Zurich speak with you every time like it was the first time (not exactly the same but most of the dialog is the same). Same questions, same answears iritating.

9. You can spot and burn bodies of death animals before speaking to Veterinarian in Berlin.
I don't remember more at the moment. But you see where I'm going with it. Those are not bugs per se, only special cases of one general problem really. And this is: forgetting to put conditions and cleaning lines in scripts, dialogs and journal files after implementing new ideas to the story. Well, with this in mind I want to write one more thing:
Spoiler for Hiden:
People in the internet complain on castle/senad quest. But in my opinion this is one of the better implemented parts of the game: no reapearing journal entries or crazy loops inside dialogs. Don't get me wrong, It Is confusing at first time. I actually started it, spoke, with Kiara, read the messages, spoke with Senad, get confused, restarted, did all sidequests in Paris with Hope I will know something about this Alice that he spoke of and journal entry stated (of course without success), started the quest again, spoked with Senad without speaking with Kiara, restarted, spoked with Kiara, spoked with Senad and this was the point where I understood the setting. But I see that this can be tweaked by adding couple of lines to telegraph messages to be more specific. And that's it. Even uncertainty with dialogs of Alexadra and Klaus are acceptable to me to the point that I don't know: modteam will do something with this in the future or it work as intended and there is possibility for romance and escape of ghoul couple in there. This is something that creates replayability. Really: Bravo, Standing Ovations.
Last, but not least:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I love the demon his/her model and voiceacting is great. With this gender uncertainty all the playthrough: is male name, but npc's relate to it sometimes as he sometimes as she, sometimes even during the same dialog and in the end we get deeply satisfying of our curiosity in great voiceacting and model. After all demons and angels are... double-gendered(?). I really love it.
As you see I take a little look inside the files. I would like to help. But this post is very long. I will continue later.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 12:24:04 am by PaKaniuk »
I know I write texts Yoda style, but i really don't know how to do it otherwise.

Offline PaKaniuk

• Fledgling
« Reply #788 on: October 30, 2022, 09:59:59 pm »
Hello again!

As I wrote: my ideas to solve problem with Spy quest:
One way to do it:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Three spies: Hooded, Restaurant and Gretchen left as one "main" spy quest with only necessity to cleaning conditions for journal entries and in dialog options. Finishing it after they are all denounced, failing after travel to eastern front with some of them left. Cross and Portsmouth Spies changed into two separate one entries quests that will appear allready as finished after selling those people to ironlooker. This is more conventional and faster way of dealing with it, because it left part of allready writed code.

Second, more radical way of dealing with the problem:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Remove main spies quest as a whole from journals and replace it only with one entries quests allready mark as finished. That way adding more spies in the future will be easier, players never will be aware of amount of spies that are in the game because there will be no journal entry about it. Also from players perspective there is more flexibility who you want to finish and who you want to left. There is also but... this is less conventional way of dealing with problem and some players may find it dirty and confusing, also it requires more coding.
Of course You can also go fully YOLO with this idea:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Create separate quest for every spy with three journal entries:
1. Know about the spy.
2. Tell about the spy. Succed.
3. Keep a secret by travelling to eastern front without telling ironlooker. Failed.
In that way there is a lot of work, but on the other hand it can be spicy with additional journal entries that will force you to dealing with consequences of you're actions. But you allready test this idea, after all ;)
To keep It simple I will end here. And continue with solving problems ideas later, in next posts.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 10:16:09 pm by PaKaniuk »
I know I write texts Yoda style, but i really don't know how to do it otherwise.

Offline PaKaniuk

• Fledgling
« Reply #789 on: October 30, 2022, 10:25:58 pm »
Short Hello!

I forgot about most annoying me bug in all of this mod (this happens when you try to not forget anything you usually forget about most importend stuff):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Bishop Giordano change your camera to 3rd person when he use his power in Venice battle. This can really screw you when you firearm character.
But I have more to say about firearms characters when I get to post about balance. But this probably not today.

Offline PaKaniuk

• Fledgling
« Reply #790 on: October 31, 2022, 12:19:55 am »

Hello one more time!

There were posts somewhere in this topic (it became very large, you can't create child board?) about selling bloodpacks. That this is design decision to not do this because it's immersion breaking and without immersion breaking it will be copying ideas of bloodbank from vanilla game which mod designers don't want to do. But when you get to Berlin all kinds of bloodpacks are buyabble in weapon store. It looks like some rotten compromise. I have idea so simple to solve this problem that I can't believe someone didn't think about it earlier. Reworking bloodpacks:

Step 1: Because there are a lot of bloodpacks in different maps, so it's smarter to change their "BloodRestored" parameter to 5 and left where theire are.

Step 2: Change "BloodRestored" parameter of Blue Blood Packs to 3 or even 2 rename it Pitbull Blood Pack (I know from good source that their are the majority of dog blood donors) change it description, which is extremely easy and make it buyabble from veterinarian.

Step 3: Remove dog bags from hospitals etc. they can stay in vampire locations like havens etc.

Step 4: Spice it a little.
a) Make Nosferatu restore more blood from them (but this one may be hard to implement).
b) Create History that will make Player Character restore more blood from them (and from rats), but as above may be hard to implement.
c) If they will be nerfed too much to 1 or 2 it may be nessesery to increase stack, which has a parameter in file for every item, but I have no idea is it working.

Well - without Step 4 - this solution looks fast and easy.

Also I think that increasing bloodpacks stacking is a big TODO for this mod no matter what you think about drinking puppies.

Offline PaKaniuk

• Fledgling
« Reply #791 on: October 31, 2022, 02:32:58 am »
Hello in the middle of the night!

I think that I finished - at least for now - with technical issues and wanted to write about my feelings and thoughts about mod itself. It was really enjoyable for me. I'm during my third playthrough and I love it. I  really appreaciate many design decisions, like: get rid of conditions in stats bumping dialogs, nerfing BlodBuff to +2, fixing time of passive disciplines no matter of level, tweaking weapons parameters, separating male and female seduction (I see that this all female are bisexual aproach in this game was annoying not only for me) and of course humanity swinging. Personally I always find interesting changes to basic mechanics of Bloodlines because they are dull in many cases. Usually changing them are good decisions. It's very rare for me to find their unlikable. I would even Encourage you to go much further: reworking books, items, histories, feats, clans strongs and weaknesses, implementing blood timer, and so on, and so on... Actually you can't be too bold in this case (engine limitations are brakes for too much crazyness here).

There are also things that could be changed/added for quality of life purpose:

1. Container (that actually work) in Paris Haven. Also removing some of the textures from there would be great because FPS drop in this location is massive, at least for me.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Maybe by adding dialog option for ghoulified Senad?

2. Similar to La Croix dialog line for Thomas Cross about adapting fishgirl haven as yours.

3. As above, but with Pisha and church in Berlin (dialog option and container).

I have to admit that I read post where some of authors wrote that lacking of haven is design decision, but we need to store stuff somewhere. And oh boy there's a lot of it. Also it's good habit to save inside Havens after cleaning questlines and moving further. Those are always saves that you know that when you return to playing after longer brake you will fast get into and understand where you are in the story. I know It's my personal opinion/habit but I really feel lack of this possibility.

I also wrote in some of the posts above Blood Packs stacking. If something can be done with this. It would be a live changer.

Big elephant in the room is approach to exp. No matter the way you did the quest, or decision you make from youre role-play perspective, exp reward is always the same. Rewards/punishes are in totally other spheres (masquarade, humanity, wealth, relation with NPCs) and I love It. For me this is how you create replayability and it's great. Actually exceptions from that philosophy in spy, alligator and (maybe) officers quests are my subjective feeling and may be not seeing as such by other players and mod creators.

I like to discover lore in RPGs. That's why I discover many quest leftowers. I try to ask NPCs for different things and Bloodlines was always good with this. More than ten years of playing and I discovered new dialog with Mercurio and one with Isaack I found in .dlg files recently by accident because I was never able to run it (It has pretty nasty condition to appear). In this mod I sometimes feel this magick when searching for items all over the world I always look around for "Lore" in Peru/Romania/Japan/Vatican/Venice inside encoded messages, speaking with: Setite Priestess, Pisha, Beckett and Latin Teacher I always suspect to find something new. Also I must to admit that listening to Latin speach recorded on tape I understood that authors are aware of existance people like me and decided to troll me a little and in that moment I felt nestling. After conversation with Moonseeker, after Caronte/Yama-King quest, after Library lurking which is the quintesence of that kind of stories and confronting what I know with Beckett, I was trolled by latin grammar speach. It was priceless feeling that I'm thankful for.

I have a lot of issues with balance, but this is a large topic by itself which I may not be ready yet to tackle. Maybe after tremere and nosferatu playthroughs I'll be 100% sure of what I'm saying.

Good Evening.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 02:34:54 am by PaKaniuk »

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #792 on: October 31, 2022, 09:01:57 am »
Spoiler for Hiden:
People in the internet complain on castle/senad quest. But in my opinion this is one of the better implemented parts of the game: no reapearing journal entries or crazy loops inside dialogs. Don't get me wrong, It Is confusing at first time. I actually started it, spoke, with Kiara, read the messages, spoke with Senad, get confused, restarted, did all sidequests in Paris with Hope I will know something about this Alice that he spoke of and journal entry stated (of course without success), started the quest again, spoked with Senad without speaking with Kiara, restarted, spoked with Kiara, spoked with Senad and this was the point where I understood the setting. But I see that this can be tweaked by adding couple of lines to telegraph messages to be more specific. And that's it. Even uncertainty with dialogs of Alexadra and Klaus are acceptable to me to the point that I don't know: modteam will do something with this in the future or it work as intended and there is possibility for romance and escape of ghoul couple in there. This is something that creates replayability. Really: Bravo, Standing Ovations.

Hello =)
This quest is my first work in modding. It's not ideal, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Of course I didn't abandon it and a new version will be in the future. ^_^
Spoiler for Hiden:
I rewrote some files again, and changed some maps. And Senad... now we send him to Villon for a more logical ending(if you made him your ghoul). All of this you can see in the future version when I finish it.
I don't know if you played in the last version which I left here or not, but there I tried to level out the characters and made the first attempts to improve the plot. And fixed some bugs of course.
https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-modding/world-war-2-mod/msg157985/#msg157985

-----
Best regards =)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 09:17:04 am by Avadonica »

Offline PaKaniuk

• Fledgling
« Reply #793 on: October 31, 2022, 11:37:32 am »
Hello!

I feel honored by reply wrote so fast, by one of mod creators herself. Downloaded unpacked I will start to do it. This time I will do low humanity walk. So wait for feedback. Thank You for trust.
 :thanku:

By the way is it still possible to initiate quest without walking out from Villon mansion?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 11:42:50 am by PaKaniuk »

Offline PaKaniuk

• Fledgling
« Reply #794 on: October 31, 2022, 01:41:16 pm »
Hello once more!

All those posts and I forgot to mention about grave robbers in cementary. They initiate necromancer quest in the middle, without You talking to Antoine earlier. Should appear only after you spoke to him.

Good Evening.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 05:05:00 pm by PaKaniuk »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal