collapse

* Notice

Important notice (08 January 2021): PlanetVampire was staked for the last three days due to a failing disk. We have risen again on new hardware! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 42919 times)

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #540 on: January 12, 2021, 08:44:24 pm »
The new pc skins are nice. Hoping for just as good later armors.
Replaced/edited the particles (d_animalism*) and disciplines vdata (disciplinetgt_000.txt, traiteffects000.txt and stats.txt) for animalism from the ClanQuest/Cam edition one because i like the usability and free the beast within, but i'm not getting the 'timer bar' showing the rest of the time remaining. What am i missing, does anyone know?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:49:19 pm by SCO »

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #541 on: January 12, 2021, 09:02:55 pm »
@Entenschreck
Rest in this fantastic mod to catch inspiration for Prelude ^_^ What's better be a pleasure?! =) I hope that you'll like my little work, too.

@argikt
I never tire of thanking you for all help to me and obtain a chance to try myself in the modding for your great project! I got that creating quests is an easy process on paper, but hard to realize and sometimes need to do something with zero, but all processes are interesting although sometimes tiring. In all, I'm happy that I did, though not ideally, but I tried to do something interesting and have a low skills and rich imagination... DDD

---
Also, thanks to Malkav (sorry that I didn't write to you as I planned it then, I just didn't wanna distract you of your matters), Wallit (I hope that you're okay) for answers in forum, Psycho-A for advice with maps.

Sometimes I dream about "how it would be nice if all modders united and created some one of the best mods in history..." Sadly that's just stupid dream.

----
Oops, I forgot about Marius217 to mention here: thank you very much for creating the Heinrich model for my quest!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:33:57 pm by Avadonica »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #542 on: January 14, 2021, 05:33:48 pm »
Sorry, first bug :P
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #543 on: January 14, 2021, 05:41:43 pm »
LoL....You're right! missed to update...
I hope this won't be a blocking bug for you... hehe

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #544 on: January 14, 2021, 05:47:45 pm »
Sorry, first bug :P
Too bad. I was about to download. But if I can only play War Games 4.0... :taunt:
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #545 on: January 14, 2021, 06:06:36 pm »
 :vampwink:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #546 on: January 14, 2021, 09:39:28 pm »
I have a real bug. The portsmouth ship boss battle (i don't know if not making the 'officer' sick on the city affects that battle, but it's the fat guy after punching the card) has a dialog with a dominate option that 'appears' it should be able to make you skip the fight.
The exit never unlocks if you chose it though, you then can only kill the guy anyway (and it doesn't allow you a stealth kill because the dialog is still active if that matters, as another minor bug).

You can still talk to the gasoline smugglers bosses (and i presume the soldier in the port near the book) and they still have the dialog of the original game that makes no sense (the dialog of the cop in the hospital).

Have you considered uploading the source and the maps of the mod on github like the unofficial patch? Then people could propose patches and download updates without the time waste of a 'official' release.

The lod effect i noticed with the bookcase on the hotel lobby remains. To be fair, it's possibly it might not happen to you with one of the lod disabling patches active, which might or might not be active on my copy of the game.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 09:57:34 pm by SCO »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #547 on: January 15, 2021, 06:37:13 am »
Hi SCO!
Thanks for the report.
The soldier near the pier book was fixed if I don't remember wrong...
About the fat guy after the punching card, my intention was that even if you use the dominate dlg, you won't succeed and need to kill him, but obviously I didn't want that the player would be stuck in a dlg...
I will check smugglers bosses, they shouldn't have dlgs, thanks!
About hotel, sadly this light effect couldn't be corrected easily, the map should be redone, and the effort is big for the little reward (in my opinion)
I will check github web... never heart about this option, thanks!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:21:21 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Stosh

• Fledgling
« Reply #548 on: January 15, 2021, 11:24:01 pm »
I have a problem getting the note in my room after the savage.
It is not there. I have just done the stuff to get the punchcard for the base.
I have done Portsmouth with all the side quests and not all of them.
Have I missed something?

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #549 on: January 16, 2021, 08:11:46 am »
Have I missed something?

Hello!
If I understand you correctly, just try to talk with your Sire in 207 room.

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #550 on: January 16, 2021, 12:45:07 pm »
Some other things i noticed in portsmouth:
Blood shield has a black texture (though i'm not sure if it's because i'm using the console to add the discipline to a clan that is not tremere. I fixed it in the last version by copying the discipline textures from the clan quest mod iirc).
The nurse on the 'tent hospital' has a persuasion dialog line from the original game hospital nurse. I presume this is not intended because she has 2 persuasion lines and that line player response refers to 'IP' and 'routers' which makes little sense in 1943.
The hospital patients get up if you make noise near them. I suspect @Wesp knows how to fix this because the same problem existed in the original hospital patient but no longer does.
Speaking of getting up, the kidnapped spy and the new vampire woman near the bar should probably start standing, especially the spy because opening the door fails the first time because she's in the way- in fact it's only Troika paranoid coding that allowed doors to open inwards after opening outwards failed or something.
That's all the obvious stuff i can remember from the UK, i'm now in paris.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 12:50:14 pm by SCO »

Offline Stosh

• Fledgling
« Reply #551 on: January 16, 2021, 02:01:04 pm »
Have I missed something?

Hello!
If I understand you correctly, just try to talk with your Sire in 207 room.

Thanks for the reply.
I got it. I had to talk to the guy that appears after you get the coded card instead of killing him straight away.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 04:07:20 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #552 on: January 16, 2021, 04:12:38 pm »
The hospital patients get up if you make noise near them. I suspect @Wesp knows how to fix this because the same problem existed in the original hospital patient but no longer does.

I'm not sure what does this. At least "npc_perception", "vision" "0" and "hearing" should be 0, flags is 12 with my guy and "ignore_detected_attack" is 1.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:57:06 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #553 on: January 16, 2021, 09:10:16 pm »
I tried several parameters and none worked...
Even tried to use ragdolls but that was even worse :)!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 08:00:04 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline SCO

• Ancillus
« Reply #554 on: January 16, 2021, 09:15:38 pm »
The circus map (the paris regent first quest) has a bad or missing texture or model. The name of the entity appears if you look in a certain direction 'near the npc with the dogs'. But i didn't bother taking a note.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal