collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 34967 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #480 on: October 15, 2020, 06:06:32 pm »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Kalesh

• Fledgling
« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2020, 01:49:01 pm »
Wow, man, that's great news indeed :62_58_40:! I Love this mod, and all the additions and changes you listed are pretty nice. I've finished the present version 4 times and alongside unofficial and clan quest I consider this mod the "official" alternative version of this game. After playing it so much, I have several suggestions for a future version:

---Being able to finish the devil's questline the two ways available at the same time ( spoiler) (spoiler) :::::::Killing Akibel AND later delivering the items to Beckett and getting full exp again for it is cool for xp purposes but probably not how it should work.

---the final boss has an aura attack that keeps damaging you after the fight ends, and the only way to see the ending is to skip the dialogue like flash or use the console to become immortal to be able to speak to your sire in regular speed.

---The new models and voice lines will be awesome, surely they'll add to the immersion, by the way!

---The map crashing fix is very much welcome cause I use to hop to different maps until I was able to get to my destination via the travel agents, especially when going to Berlim.

---The vet quest in Berlim is weird too, but you know that ("bugs in the game" very meta!).

---The fish market in Portsmouth usually crashes to, don't know why though.

---The library quest to find information about Akibeel could use a little work on the dialogue, which sometimes doesn't help a lot.

---The quest for getting back the brothel lady for the other lady in Paris keeps disappearing from the log when you walk out the brothel and only appears (for me I mean) when I'm there, and when you finish the quest it just vanishes from the log entirely.

---The key to the mansion for the ghost quest vanishes if you don't do the quest right away and enter some building, but this bug has already been talked about here, I think.

--- Someplace to stash items would be a nice addition (other than the radio station in Paris I mean).

--- Several safes, wallets and money are worth zero or cannot be interacted with, but I'm assuming this one is by design and happens due to the limitations of the game itself (item limit and stuff). Don't know how this works at all, so forgive me.

--- Some bosses (like the carnival one) are pretty tough, but I suck at games and was able to beat them 4 times so in my opinion they're fine in terms of difficulty...

---I have never finished the spy quest for the lady in the pub once in my gameplays, ( spoiler) (spoiler) ::::::: the spies I was able to find are the hooded guy near the park in Zurich (from the clock quest), the axis spy in the restaurant and the fella in the Zurich Bank. Am I missing someone (or doing in the wrong order), or that is how it works?

--- Took me ages to figure out ( spoiler) (spoiler) ::::::: that I had to shoot the ladder to reach the roof in the hospital, not a problem, really, just wasn't intuitive enough for me ( did I mention that I suck at games already?).

--- Some floors in the hospital are completely empty, putting some npcs, items or even more soldiers there would be cool, I think, but not a problem whatsoever.

---The explosive plans quest could use some rework in the quest log updates, some games I got certain updates in certain orders, others I didn't get as many or in different orders and I've wondered to myself if I bugged it, if I missed something or if I lost one update and xp with it, the text is kinda confusing ( but that could be just for me, though).

--- The bug in which ( spoiler) (spoiler) ::::::: you can talk to your sire early in Berlim before (I think) you finish the base quest
and he sends you to the last quest, thus making you unable to proceed has been discussed here before and happened to me once, but not in my first playthrough, so I was able to load and avoid it, but it does happen if you don't know the order of events.

---The Setite fight will happen eventually? Been making her mad for like a year now...

---When the vatican priest ( spoiler) (spoiler) ::::::: summons the ghost and goes upstairs sometimes he bugs out and becomes immortal, other times works fine, maybe its a killing order issue?

--- Beckett's room usually crashes too, dunno why, I avoid it by never looking to the right side, only to the center and the left of the room after speaking with him.

--- ( spoiler) (spoiler) ::::::: the guy you save at the base never follows you, he just starts and stops; luckily, when you leave trhough the sewers he shows up, so no harm no foul.

--- ( spoiler) (spoiler) ::::::: got stuck in the valve that is used to destroy the nuclear core in the mine in Poland twice; avoided it by touching it at a distance.

--- The only bug that really annoyed me is the constant crashes to desktop you have when meeting Caiaphas for the fist time, you enter ( spoiler) (spoiler) ::::::: the church he's in and sometimes your character doesn't appear in the cutscene and it crashes, sometimes your character is there but it also crashes, sometimes you enter from the right door and it works, sometimes it doesn't... for this one I think I know what's happening ( for me, I mean). When the cutscene happens and the camera moves to show him frontally, I get some spikes in RAm and/or GPU usage, so there's a PREETY HIGH chance that my pc sucks and there's no problem at all there. But I thought sharing it here had some value nonetheless.

--- Is there a dodge 4 or 5 Book? Just a question, dunno if I ever got it.

--- And one last thing, not a bug or problem, just a request really: ( spoiler) (spoiler) ::::::: the jump that you have to perform using the chair to reach the vents in the final quest is a nightmare to do, the physics and collision "situation" of this game as we all know is atrocious, so to help me ( and maybe others horrible players like me, tottaly selfish, baby) could you guys please replace the chair with a static object,a ladder or even lowering the vent entrance to the ground? 10 longest minutes of my life every time...

Whew, that was  a lot (given the scope of this project, not really), and I sincerely apologize for that. But if you're going  to keep working to improve your mod, as a fan of your work (and of your collaborators) and as a thank you I felt compelled to give you all the feedback I could to help you out (and to bother you too, apparently...). Love you and your gang, wish you the best and thank you so much for your hard work and determination, I truly appreciate it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ps: Not a native speaker, so forgive my grammatical shortcomings...

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:59:26 pm by Kalesh »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2020, 02:34:23 pm »
Thanks for your comments Kalesh.I'm not a native speaker too, I would try to anwser your points:-Devil questline won't have changes, so no double ending, it will be weird... you must chose.-Final boss, will be tough on next version, I didn't noticed that his damage aura don't fade when he dies, I will take care, thanks!-Vet quest, works as inteeded, I know that is a different quest, than "go here, kill-or grab something" typical quest, but this is the idea.-Fishmarket map is already fixed.-Information about Akibeel on library is though to be a little hard to get, (but you can spend points on investigation, and "see" the books)-Cabaret quest problem, I never got this problem, and is the first news about it...-Mansion key is fixed-No more refugees will be added, you're a roaming vampire man!-Carnival boss is very tough, I know it, especially at early stage of the game, but, is the life fair?-There're 4 spyes in Berlin, your last one is hard to find.-Ladder to reach the roof hospital, yes is hard to find (I told you something about investigation points?)-Several floor in the hospital are empty, well, this place is a tap. The people that you find in the Ironhorse work only on first floor.-Setite won't fight with you if she discover you, she curses you and leaves. (The curse is real, you gain -1 xp on every quest with+3 xp)-Vatican bishop fight, will be revised (already didn't)-Caiaphas intro crash is already fixed.-The guy that you save in the gestapo base, is a real nightmare of scripting... the engine limitations makes it hard to turn corners and so... I won't lose time with it.
Best regards!

-

Offline Kalesh

• Fledgling
« Reply #483 on: October 16, 2020, 03:17:33 pm »
Hey, Argikt, thanks for the quick reply, my friend! On the devil questline thing, I didn't meant that I want extra xp or to be able to do both things, I meant that its bugged because you can ALREADY do both things, i've done it in all my four playthroughs. Kill the demoness, getting the quest completed and the related xp. THEN going to beckett and giving the items to complete the quest a second time is still possible and i've done it for the extra xp (cause why not), and I suggested that this shouldn't be possible (but its in the game and it is, indeed, possible). I don't want more giveaways, mister! On the library quest for info on the Demoness, I also didn't meant that I don't like the fact that you have to spend points in inspection, what I said was that the actual dialogue from the librarian is confusing and doesn't help a lot; not talking about actually finding the books or anything like that, is a dialogue issue, really. About the cabaret thing, it happened in all my playthroughs, so I thought it was supposed to be like that, but maybe its just in my game. The Setite actually curses you? Wow, never noticed that, that's kind cool, will pay attention to it next time! Really happy to hear about the fixes, thought it was just my pc, to be honest, eager to test it out! And no haven, me sad :sad:, but i'll keep running around in the night! Thanks so much for reading it, hopefully didn't overschedule your work. Dodge the coronas :taunt:!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 03:32:25 pm by Kalesh »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #484 on: October 18, 2020, 11:21:24 am »
I know that all people love videos....
this is a preview, he you can see V5 Phantomas will look and will sound...
&feature=youtu.be

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #485 on: October 18, 2020, 12:41:56 pm »
Damn, that's impressive! The models look great and the sound is much better than I would've thought.Nice work! And shoutout to Marius!  :rock:

Offline Marius217

• Neonate
« Reply #486 on: Today at 12:10:54 am »
Greetings. Argitk fit very well. !! :rock: Greetings Entenschreck Yeah  :rock: :cometome:
« Last Edit: Today at 03:42:34 pm by Marius217 »

Offline Mamita

• Neonate
« Reply #487 on: Today at 12:43:25 pm »
Perhaps we need a popup box with the Setite that explains what happens?

There IS a fourth spy in Berlin?!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal