collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 23500 times)

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2020, 04:42:12 PM »
Oh, so thats what it is, thanks for the quick reply! This is the first overhaul of Vampire i've ever played, everything new and shiny...
Thanks! we worked hard more than two years, is very rewarding that people likes the work!

Offline Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »

Hello, kindred!
I think it's time to show you the first part of my work on the quest. =)
These are screenshots of one of the first locations that you'll visit. I'll only say that it'll be the haven of one of the bosses or perhaps one of your future allies? Who knows... ^_^

------
I hope Argikt'll not be against it...

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #437 on: March 20, 2020, 06:04:53 AM »

I hope Argikt'll not be against it...
Of course not! You have all my support on your task as I said privately :wink:

Offline Kalesh

• Fledgling
« Reply #438 on: March 24, 2020, 11:38:25 PM »
Hello, folks, back here again. Finally was able to finish the mod, and I loved it! Lots of variety, werewolves, rituals and stufff, a lot of unique things in this one. Several bugs did happen during the gameplay, but with the exception of slowdowns in Berlin, some crashes and having trouble with the order of some quests, I was able to do everything and go pretty much everywhere. Here's a list of my favorite features:

- Old faces with new motivations;
- The Hubs are great and have a nice vibe to them;
- Quests like the hospital one and the bases are great, I love exploring the world of darkness;
- Questlines like the demon summoning one and the "time watcher" one are unique and could be on the main game for sure;
- Losing humanity on certain quests and when murdering some folks felt right;
- The Main quest escalates pretty well and the nazi imagery is on point;
- More Vampire Hunters this time!
- The effort that was necessary to bring bloodlines to several decades before amazes me, very well done;
- Some unique boss fights, on average way harder than the ones in the original game, some felt like wars;
- Cool soundtracks, cool architectures and great "war sounds";
- Stealth, decryption, persuasion, lockpicking and others still very useful;
- Still felt like vampire the masquerade and also like a thriller from the forties.

Besides the minor bugs and performance issues ( that could tottaly just be my pc), the only thing that really bothered me was some of the dialogue. Some lines and conversations felt a bit hollow, or too straight to the point, like there's some "juice" missing on some of them. The worldbuilding of the dialogue in masquerade sometimes is present, and sometimes - mainly in the sidequests - the npcs have that mmorpg questgiver vibe to them. But as I said, other than that the whole mod is amazing, I can recommend it to bloodlines players anywhere. Much love and respect to the best overhaul of the Endless Nights! :evil: :evil: :evil:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:40:46 PM by Kalesh »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2020, 07:14:20 AM »
Thanks you for your kind comments:
Sadly I must agree with you about the deep in the dialogs," Some lines and conversations felt a bit hollow, or too straight to the point"  the only real reason for the lack of deep is my low english skills.
I'm happy of the goods reviews of the mod, the main goal for us was that player feels "transported" to this era...

Offline Kalesh

• Fledgling
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2020, 07:19:54 PM »
Worry not, my friend, I'm not a native speaker either, you will keep getting better! Thank you for everything! :kiss:

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Ancillus
« Reply #441 on: April 01, 2020, 07:00:54 AM »
Hey argikt! Would you be willing to let me work on the dialog for you? I'd be happy to retool it. Let me know...

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #442 on: April 01, 2020, 07:18:00 PM »
Absolutely!! If you want to "elaborate" more the dlgs, would be nice.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #443 on: April 02, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »
Hey argikt! Would you be willing to let me work on the dialog for you? I'd be happy to retool it. Let me know...
Oh! I more thing.. there're a few dlg with voices and subtitles (in cutscenes), plz dont touch those... you know, you voiced some of them...

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Ancillus
« Reply #444 on: April 02, 2020, 08:58:10 AM »
Message me a set of specifics... or how to look out for them... so I can be sure...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal