collapse

Author Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 13361 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2019, 03:13:35 PM »
While testing and bug fixing of the final version keeps going, I would like to ask the community for help with an easy task.

You should also ask the community to beta test the next version ;)!

This is the wiki of this canon character:

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Caiaphas_Smith

Uh, this guy is canon? I didn't know that and I don't like it. What if he appears in Bloodlines 2 or a PnP book? You better rename your character to be some other generic hunter or make sure that he can't be killed in your mod...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:15:23 PM by Wesp5 »

Online argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2019, 05:03:39 PM »
While testing and bug fixing of the final version keeps going, I would like to ask the community for help with an easy task.

You should also ask the community to beta test the next version ;)!

This is the wiki of this canon character:

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Caiaphas_Smith

Uh, this guy is canon? I didn't know that and I don't like it. What if he appears in Bloodlines 2 or a PnP book? You better rename your character to be some other generic hunter or make sure that he can't be killed in your mod...
NO, no... don't rename it.... his history and the plot in the game is based on the canon history... I really doubt he will appear in bloodlines2... But if he did I will change his name... I promise.
Love Love x 1 View List

Offline Marius217

• Fledgling
« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2019, 08:42:42 PM »
Greetings Any news of this good Mod
Regards !
Love Love x 1 View List

Offline Avadonica

• Neonate
« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2019, 11:04:54 PM »
Hello everybody!
I have an idea (a new quest) for this mod. More details are in the attached archive.
p.s. I'm sorry, this text written in Russian (English is not my native language), you may use Google Translate though.
Like Like x 1 View List

Online argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2019, 08:01:27 PM »
Hello everyone.
Version V3 content is all done. At this point the team is working to polish some visuals, and improving the dlgs.
We dont have a release date yet, but I can say that would be this next month...
Avadonica, I will read your quest as soon as possible, I'm on holydays now... perhaps would be implemented if V4 will be done in a future.

Offline Avadonica

• Neonate
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2019, 09:23:34 PM »

Avadonica, I will read your quest as soon as possible, I'm on holydays now... perhaps would be implemented if V4 will be done in a future.

Thank you very much for your reply! I hope that you will like my idea and maybe it will be implemented in your mod (this is my first experience in writing quests, I tried to do more variation and a little dramatic ...).
P.S. If you have any questions to the dialogues and quest in as a whole - write to me in the Personal Message, I will answer you.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 09:25:07 PM by Avadonica »

Online argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2019, 06:49:54 AM »
Hello fellow kindred!

Me and the collaborators of the War Games project, are happy to announce the release of the version 3, August first. Mod will be avalaible on moddb as always.
Final notes are not ready, because we're polishing some minor aspects still.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 08:48:10 AM by Wesp5 »
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Avadonica

• Neonate
« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2019, 08:52:25 AM »
I sincerely congratulate you on this wonderful event!
Like Like x 2 View List

Offline Mamita

• Neonate
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2019, 05:32:26 AM »
Congrats, Argikt. You made it to the big leagues.
You're officially the head of a major Bloodlines mod!

Online argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2019, 08:26:04 AM »
Thanks Mamita!
That's not only my work as you as a mayor collaborator know...

In the readme and the end credits you can find all the people that helped on this project.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:46:38 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2019, 10:27:18 AM »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Neonate
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2019, 05:00:18 AM »
Two questions...

1) Will it support the mod loader? I mean... I got the game from GoG, and I have several mods installed into their own directories in the game... will this do the same?

2) Okay not a question... I'll be looking forward to the walk-throughs... lol...

Seriously, though... congratulations, argikt. Only a few days, now. I can't wait to install and play it.

Online argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #252 on: July 29, 2019, 09:06:28 AM »
Two questions...

1) Will it support the mod loader? I mean... I got the game from GoG, and I have several mods installed into their own directories in the game... will this do the same?

2) Okay not a question... I'll be looking forward to the walk-throughs... lol...

Hello NateHevens.
1) The mod can be launched like any other mod. I'm not falimiar with GoG version but, people that played Version2 didn't reported any problem. The installer will create an icon with the parameter "- War_Games" in your desktop if you allow it.

2) Walk-thoughs? Ejem... sorry, no walk-throughs at this moment, and I doubt I will do it, because is hard to me write english, I can answer a post but not write a walkthough... But if someone else want to do it, I can advice about some dlg options, choices in quest  or some items use that can give you extra experience...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2019, 12:48:34 PM »
If a mod is not prepackaged to be used with the modloader you just need to extract/install it in another folder, rename the folder "vampire" with another name (only letters, no symbols, numbers or spaces*), move the new folder where is present "vampire.exe", create a link to the .exe file, add the command line "-game modname" and hope it will work°

* no idea if those works, as far as I know the symbol _ works
° old major mods like the original companion mod are known to not work at all
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Online argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2019, 02:27:07 PM »
If a mod is not prepackaged to be used with the modloader you just need to extract/install it in another folder, rename the folder "vampire" with another name (only letters, no symbols, numbers or spaces*), move the new folder where is present "vampire.exe", create a link to the .exe file, add the command line "-game modname" and hope it will work°

* no idea if those works, as far as I know the symbol _ works
° old major mods like the original companion mod are known to not work at all

Yes, the mod is pre-packaged and the installer is able to find your bloodlines directory and autoinstall. But if you have some problem running the game, I would try to help.
Right now the mod is already uploaded to moddb, and is waiting for webmaster approval to be published.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:39:07 PM by Wesp5 »
Like Like x 1 Love Love x 3 View List