collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 3615 times)

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2018, 05:08:51 PM »
I hear it, is great for some action maps!
Love song 6.

Thanks! :smile:

Offline Soilie

• Neonate
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »
The full score was never released, only the licenced songs and one of the score song. The others are heavily archived on the game but I found a guide to unpack them. I was going to upload it, when I'll do I'll link here the video ;)
This? https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2553953

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2018, 07:50:44 AM »
Umm... Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCEhM8tD6LU

I try to use free music for avoid future problems, also for the intro I used an unused bloodlines song.

Doing a WW2 mod is hard because a lot of thing in vanilla don't match, like a lot of models, computer skill, etc... but fortunaly, a lot of music copyright is over, like "andrew sisters", "Glenn Miller" or Tchaikovsky...  :smile:

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »
The full score was never released, only the licenced songs and one of the score song. The others are heavily archived on the game but I found a guide to unpack them. I was going to upload it, when I'll do I'll link here the video ;)
This? https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2553953

No, that's the licensed soundtrack. I'm talking of the original score (by Christopher Young). The difference it's like (in VtMB) between the industrial/gothic/metal/electronic stuff (Tiamat, Die My Darling, Ministry, Lacuna Coil,....) and the Rik Shaffer songs. Officially of The Saboteur' score was only released four songs (the same one in four different version :razz: ) so the others shouldn't have restrictions (and I keep the conditional because I'm talking about a game by those leeches of ea).

R.I.P. Pandemic Studios
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2018, 07:21:11 AM »
Interesting, is good to know for next release... Thanks!!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2018, 08:11:57 AM »
Interesting, is good to know for next release... Thanks!!

Maybe you could contact the composer and ask if you can include the unused music in your mod. Like Rik Schaffer was very happy to see his unused Bloodlines music been made available to the public when I included it in the UP :)!

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2018, 07:09:43 PM »
Hello!

I'm happy to say that the mod finally has the matching cars models (also a lot of 1940 stuff), I have changed the skins, even the "gas robbers" car, that now has an animated skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2pOjMixpgs&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:02:32 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2018, 07:20:58 PM »
That's super cool. Are these models from another asset or did you find the time to model them beside all the work you are already doing? It's great either way.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:03:29 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2018, 07:42:05 PM »
That's super cool. Are these models from a other asset or did you find the time to model them beside all the work you are already doing? It's great either way.

Thanks!
No, I don't have any modelling skills, I spent an entire day converting half-life 2 and 'day of defeat' models. Even with all my efforts most of them don't work, but some do.

Look at this!... I don't know yet what to do with it... but... it is great!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:04:20 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2018, 12:43:58 AM »
That's an awesome model, Argikt!   :rock:

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2018, 08:37:50 AM »
I have finally found the time for your mod. Argikt mod for Clan Quest hasn't impressed me much (sorry). But I've also played the War Games mod.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnrealisticFilthyBullfrog-size_restricted.gif
My god! It was amazing! Hubs are huge and immersive, the story is really intriguing. Are the temporary elements out of time or unfinished? It's like seeing actors rehearsing before the proper recital and you can see the huge potential!!

As now I want to give some advice:
- place more nazis in the street of the occupied cities (to give the feeling of fear)
- maybe it won't work at all but I try to suggest it anyway: put a panel in front of the computer screens (place more computers for more messages), add in the book you found in the first radio station to raise the skills in morse decrypt the instructions on how to use them (simplify each computer use as: digit "decrypt", press ctrl+c, if successful digit "read") and THEN a text note appears next the computer (the point is to hide the screen and make use of sounds and/or captions to acknowledge the player if it's working)
- as pointed out before, the distinction camarilla-good / sabbat-evil is a bit forced, maybe can be resolved with an increase of antitribu and independent factions that will lead to interesting side quests (specially a team up with Andrei)
- when a new release will come out it would help for those who want to try straight out the new stuff (or jump in to a particular moment) an optional extended dialog with the sire (maybe in an extra folder to be manually installed) where you can skip quests already done in the previous version and receive the respective xp points, items, money etc. and jump straight where the demo ended before

Again my compliments :), wish you all the luck!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:58:00 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2018, 12:28:24 PM »
Thanks for your review Barabbah.

I'm happy that you like this first beta.
I will try to answer your questions:
*Are the temporary elements out of time or unfinished?

More of the them have been replaced in our internal alpha versions, alpha7 (last now) has right car models, and typewritters for example.

*place more nazis in the street of the occupied cities (to give the feeling of fear)
Yes, I would add more nazis in Paris, but Porthsmouth or Zurich are not occupied cities. The development of the fourth hub, Berlin started two days ago, I think I can show you "Brandenburgen Gate" tomorrow. Obviously there will be a lot of nazis in Berlin.

I don't plan to change decrypting skill more, there are engine limits of modding that I can't bypass.

*as pointed out before, the distinction camarilla-good.
In the beta you can play until Zurich, but now, work in this hub is almost finished internally, I won't to spoil it to you, but a neutral city  like this has neutral vampires.
Also, if you show who prince Villon acts in Paris with the circus, you can see he's not the "good boy"

*when a new release will come out it would help for those who want to try straight out the new stuff (or jump in to a particular moment) an optional extended dialog with the sire (maybe in an extra folder to be manually installed) where you can skip quests already done in the previous version and receive the respective xp points, items, money etc. and jump straight where the demo ended before.

Well, the introduction was done by Mamita, sadly he's having personal problems, and it is unfinished. We all hope he can solve it, and will return, and add more flavour to the intro.
About quests and the "resume" option, I'm sorry to say no. Because each version changes existing maps, and won't be compatible with previous versions. For example, if you saw the video of the "gasrobbers" you can see the cars in the beta and in the video have changed.

Thanks for your comments! I'm happy to read it. And give us energy to keep working!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 02:52:31 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »
*Are the temporary elements out of time or unfinished?
it was a rethorical question on how in a demo is not an issue :P

I don't plan change decrypting skill more, there's engine limits of modding that I can't bypass
I was thinking about hiding the interface of computers to make them look like morse machines, not changing the engine

Also, if you show who prince Villon acts in Paris with the circus, you can see he's not the "good boy"
He make LaCroix look like an angel  :rofl:

About quest and the "resume" option, I'm sorry to say no. Because each version changes existing maps, and won't be compatible with previous versions. For example, if you saw the video of the "gasrobbers" you can see the cars in the beta and in the video has changed.
I didn't meant to keep save games but as the game starts you speak to your sire and the optional "cheat" will set hub start, missions statuses, xp at disposal/already spent, items, etcetera.... all done in dialog

Another thing, I laughed my ass off when I realised how small was the car I had to pick the sheriff to the Prince :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (and about the animation of the sheriff. I tried once to change the models of the sheriff in the Bloodlines final battle, I wanted him wearing the coat. The result? He couldn't use the sword and was moving as the sabbat henchmen with the long arms. Try use that model ;) )

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »
I didn't meant to keep save games but as the game starts you speak to your sire and the optional "cheat" will set hub start, missions statuses, xp at disposal/already spent, items, etcetera.... all done in dialog

This is usually done by setting some quest variables and jumping directly into the maps. If you want to do so, you need to find out how this is done ;)!

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »
Not knowing those variables it's a bit difficult.

Maybe this whole idea it's not good as it sounds. Surely I'll miss new things in the previous hubs.... It doesn't matter: a bit of cheating until Zurich then a clean play :)

About Zurich: you said the game ends when you arrive there. My sire told me to go to Zurich renting a car but speaking to the renting car dude there's no option. So you can't actually got there or I missed something? I know you also said there's nothing to do there but I was curious to see it :razz:

* Game Files