collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 1590 times)

Offline argikt

• Ancillus
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2018, 08:15:01 PM »
Thanks for your kind comment!! I will take in consideration the opinions of all people.
But I will wait for comments of people that have finished playing the mod to get a general idea of the people's impression.
Thanks another time :smile:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:15:33 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Gurkhal

• Ancillus
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2018, 08:54:18 PM »
Forgive me, but the instructions says that I should have the UP10 but when I try to download it says its the UP95 (which I assume is Up 9.5). So is UP95 the same as Up10 or how do I get UP10?

Offline krispy

• Ancillus
  • Texture artist
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2018, 09:02:41 PM »
you should take the opinions of people who know what era guns and cars come from whether they played your mod yet.

not even talking about gun or car experts. just average people will notice.

I can tell a lot of work has gone into it but in order to drastically change eras it involves guns, cars, and clothes especially.

without those it isn't going to seem like a WWII mod. Glocks, machine pistols, uzis, etc didn't exist yet.

it seems like you either need to recruit a modeler or go to youtube and learn enough blender to try your hand at it.

pretty sure the arsenal mod uses a 1911 pistol (carried by U.S. troops in WWII) so there may be a few other WWII era guns in there too.

Just trying to help :)
I'm why we can't have nice things. . .

Offline Gurkhal

• Ancillus
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2018, 09:34:03 PM »
Nevermind, I think I've found it.

Offline Gurkhal

• Ancillus
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »
Here's a question on progression. I'm on the destroyer "Savage" and have made my way down to the bottom of the ship and found the way to the "exit" with three suits for underwater action hanging to the right of it. But given the lack of hints from the mission log, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now. I've looked around and tried to interact with some stuff but nothing wants to interact with me.

Help would be appreciated.

Offline argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2018, 07:26:41 AM »
Hi Gurkhal!

In the room where the suits are, there's a door where you can find the perfored card machine, when you perfored the card, you will have a little encounter, after this, the hatch will be enabled. (You must have a virgin card that you can find in the command booth.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:57:34 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Gurkhal

• Ancillus
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2018, 08:19:52 AM »
Thanks, will get the card and perforate it. :)

Offline bigbadwolf

• Fledgling
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2018, 10:16:30 AM »
Hello!

I manage to arrive to Paris!
I want to say that cypher skill conversion is very interesting, but I only found one morse machine and only one related quest "dot and stripe"

For now game is very interesting!, but I agree that something must be done with the cars...
Keep going guys!

Offline argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2018, 11:09:12 AM »
In Paris you will find more quests where you need the cypher skill...

In this screenshot you can see a car that is close to 1940's models, but since I'm not a modeller I can't create some of them, this is an old chassis and I added glasses, wheels,etc...

I hope we can enroll someone for release 2.... :chinscratch:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:19:24 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 05:40:56 PM »
Please put the link into the first post of the topic. It's easier for players to find this way.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »
Done! Link is in the first post...

I will use this post to explain a common question that I received in private messages and in a comment in moddb: "NPCs and quests don't work in Zurich".

Yes, this is not a bug, simply the game has not yet been developed so far... when you arrive to Zurich, the content present in release 0.1 is over.

Also I have good news. Yesterday I was talking with Marco Meireles, a 3d modeller, he's very busy with other projects but is a fan of bloodlines, he will do several ww2 weapons that will be present in release 0.2, like colt 1911 and german mauser.

(all help is welcome)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:32:29 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 09:14:17 PM »
Done! Link is in the first post...
Thanks.

I will use this post to explain a common question that I received in private messages and in a comment in moddb: "NPCs and quests don't work in Zurich".

Yes, this is not a bug, simply the game has not yet been developed so far... when you arrive to Zurich, the content present in release 0.1 is over.

Also I have good news. Yesterday I was talking with Marco Meireles, a 3d modeller, he's very busy with other projects but is a fan of bloodlines, he will do several ww2 weapons that will be present in release 0.2, like colt 1911 and german mauser.

(all help is welcome)
Good news about the weapons. But even if you don't have new models, you can at least change the description texts for the weapons to colt 1911, Mauser etc.

I have just started a new game and already compiled a long list of suggestions. PM will follow sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline bigbadwolf

• Fledgling
« Reply #57 on: Today at 07:00:01 AM »
Hello!
I finished the mod (I arrived in Zurich).
I'm impressed, amazing work for all of the team.
I really like the animated mill in the gas robbers' and Marseille quest. (I won't spoil the quest plot here).
Can I expect the mod will be finished in release 2?
« Last Edit: Today at 11:56:52 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline argikt

• Ancillus
« Reply #58 on: Today at 11:45:26 AM »
Hello!

Thanks for your comment!
It's too soon to say when the mod will be finished, there's a lot of work to do.
For the next release I would like have signs in the hubs, models for weapons, improving translation, and bug fixes.
Malkav is working hard and helping a lot with bug reporting and translation.
I have the plot ready for almost all hub 3 quests and it will be included, but I will need to do about 20 more maps... I need time for this.
All that I can say about version 2 is that it won't be released this year.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:58:19 AM by Wesp5 »

* Game Files