collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 28286 times)

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2020, 04:42:12 PM »
Oh, so thats what it is, thanks for the quick reply! This is the first overhaul of Vampire i've ever played, everything new and shiny...
Thanks! we worked hard more than two years, is very rewarding that people likes the work!

Online Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »

Hello, kindred!
I think it's time to show you the first part of my work on the quest. =)
These are screenshots of one of the first locations that you'll visit. I'll only say that it'll be the haven of one of the bosses or perhaps one of your future allies? Who knows... ^_^

------
I hope Argikt'll not be against it...

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #437 on: March 20, 2020, 06:04:53 AM »

I hope Argikt'll not be against it...
Of course not! You have all my support on your task as I said privately :wink:

Offline Kalesh

• Fledgling
« Reply #438 on: March 24, 2020, 11:38:25 PM »
Hello, folks, back here again. Finally was able to finish the mod, and I loved it! Lots of variety, werewolves, rituals and stufff, a lot of unique things in this one. Several bugs did happen during the gameplay, but with the exception of slowdowns in Berlin, some crashes and having trouble with the order of some quests, I was able to do everything and go pretty much everywhere. Here's a list of my favorite features:

- Old faces with new motivations;
- The Hubs are great and have a nice vibe to them;
- Quests like the hospital one and the bases are great, I love exploring the world of darkness;
- Questlines like the demon summoning one and the "time watcher" one are unique and could be on the main game for sure;
- Losing humanity on certain quests and when murdering some folks felt right;
- The Main quest escalates pretty well and the nazi imagery is on point;
- More Vampire Hunters this time!
- The effort that was necessary to bring bloodlines to several decades before amazes me, very well done;
- Some unique boss fights, on average way harder than the ones in the original game, some felt like wars;
- Cool soundtracks, cool architectures and great "war sounds";
- Stealth, decryption, persuasion, lockpicking and others still very useful;
- Still felt like vampire the masquerade and also like a thriller from the forties.

Besides the minor bugs and performance issues ( that could tottaly just be my pc), the only thing that really bothered me was some of the dialogue. Some lines and conversations felt a bit hollow, or too straight to the point, like there's some "juice" missing on some of them. The worldbuilding of the dialogue in masquerade sometimes is present, and sometimes - mainly in the sidequests - the npcs have that mmorpg questgiver vibe to them. But as I said, other than that the whole mod is amazing, I can recommend it to bloodlines players anywhere. Much love and respect to the best overhaul of the Endless Nights! :evil: :evil: :evil:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:40:46 PM by Kalesh »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2020, 07:14:20 AM »
Thanks you for your kind comments:
Sadly I must agree with you about the deep in the dialogs," Some lines and conversations felt a bit hollow, or too straight to the point"  the only real reason for the lack of deep is my low english skills.
I'm happy of the goods reviews of the mod, the main goal for us was that player feels "transported" to this era...

Offline Kalesh

• Fledgling
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2020, 07:19:54 PM »
Worry not, my friend, I'm not a native speaker either, you will keep getting better! Thank you for everything! :kiss:

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Ancillus
« Reply #441 on: April 01, 2020, 07:00:54 AM »
Hey argikt! Would you be willing to let me work on the dialog for you? I'd be happy to retool it. Let me know...

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #442 on: April 01, 2020, 07:18:00 PM »
Absolutely!! If you want to "elaborate" more the dlgs, would be nice.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #443 on: April 02, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »
Hey argikt! Would you be willing to let me work on the dialog for you? I'd be happy to retool it. Let me know...
Oh! I more thing.. there're a few dlg with voices and subtitles (in cutscenes), plz dont touch those... you know, you voiced some of them...

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Ancillus
« Reply #444 on: April 02, 2020, 08:58:10 AM »
Message me a set of specifics... or how to look out for them... so I can be sure...

Online Avadonica

• Ancillus
« Reply #445 on: June 20, 2020, 01:19:15 PM »

Greetings, Kindred!
It's been a long time since I showed you screenshots of the 1st map of my quest.
I don't know how long it'll take me to set up the NPCs and scripts and make it all playable, but I'll create this quest to the end through.
I'm currently working on the last map, the castle's dungeon, and I'll show it to you when everything is ready.
This is screenshots of the castle(I decided that events in the castle would begin with this small courtyard, but all maybe be changed).

And, a little spoiler of the plot...
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Prince Villon sent you search for the root cause, why the people from Paris begin to missing. You've to find a certain group of people who secretly kidnap local people for experiments to create a super-soldier. And, as you might have guessed, it was not without the influence of Kindred, and you'll have to found all this guys and punish the guilty...

----
If anyone wants to help with scripts or other technical issues, let me know. =)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #446 on: June 20, 2020, 01:32:45 PM »
Red windows? Nice touch  :vampwink:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #447 on: June 20, 2020, 04:05:08 PM »
Nice mapping... and very interesting plot...  :smile:

Offline Marius217

• Neonate
« Reply #448 on: June 26, 2020, 07:40:21 PM »

Hello, I was impressed by the detail of the maps. I congratulate you. !!  :rock:

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #449 on: July 06, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »
Hello fellow kindred.

I have been in conversations with Marius and Avadonica lately, and there will be a V5 of the mod.
Those are the main goals:

1- Marius made about 30 new models for PC and NPCs, old models will be replaced
2- Avadonica's quest integration
3- Bug fixing (like problems in vatican and venice maps, etc... final list will be published when we announce the release date)
4- Voice acting. This mod has more than 160 NPCs who need voices! This is a titanic task (more for us, that we're not native speakers)

I will ask for help for the last part, if someone can record lines for one or two characters, I will be very, very thankful, because we really need the community to help with this. I can use software that reproduces voice from text for some minor NPCs, but NPCs that need emotions in the voice can't be created this way...

We need guys and girls...

For now I will show you Marius' new model for the setite priest....
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:35:56 PM by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal