collapse

Author Topic: World War 2 Mod  (Read 10272 times)

Offline Gurkhal

• Methuselah
Re: World War 2 Mod
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2019, 06:44:07 PM »
Hurray!

I haven't told my friends and family about you but I'll send them an email with a link when the v.1.0 is released. :)

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2019, 08:10:02 PM »
Hello kindred!

In this time of hype for bloodlines2, I would like to say that only 3 maps of the 24 news map planned for ww2 V3 remain to do.
After that, we're going to create scripts and solve some issues before we can start the alpha testing.
So, summer remains as date for the release.

:smile:

Great news! I can't wait to see more and promote the hell out of it!

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2019, 11:37:36 PM »
Hello argikt.

I haven't had the chance to play the mod yet, but it looks super sweet - I've been in this community for more than 10 years and I don't think I've seen a mod being as changing as this. Nice job!

argikt, do you at any point plan to voice all NPCs and dialogues?

A question to all modders here: how something changed in the past years that enabled modders to insert so many new models, maps etc. Most of the things, I've seen in the screenshots look like new models/maps (or expertly changed old ones). So how is this possible and with enough volunteers, can others modders do it too?
Is it like a common know-how?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2019, 04:43:21 AM »

Most of the things, I've seen in the screenshots look like new models/maps (or expertly changed old ones). So how is this possible and with enough volunteers, can others modders do it too?
Is it like a common know-how?

The SDK was improved beyoud what once was thinkable. Yes, some limitations are still present, but these will be corrected. Check it in the standalone pack (on moddb) or, choosing that option on the UP installer, the developer tools folder
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:47:38 AM by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2019, 07:17:30 AM »
Hello argikt.

I haven't had the chance to play the mod yet, but it looks super sweet - I've been in this community for more than 10 years and I don't think I've seen a mod being as changing as this. Nice job!

I think so, this mod is not a vanilla modification, is a new history...

Is not possible for me voice the NPCs sorry. My spoken english is not enough fluent and there're 132 NPC and should have different voices... impossible for me.

About maps and models, well, maps are hand made, most of the first are changed from vanilla maps, and now with a high skill than the beginning I can make completly new maps.

About models, well I'm sorry to say that I have 0 skills modelling. All the new models that you can see in the game (about 230) has been converted from others games or provided by Psycho-A and Lenuska. (I'm speaking of objects)

Even so, some things I would like to do won't be possible because I don't have the skills to do it, or engine limits.

Do all this work is a titanic effort and I won't mod more as main modder when this project will be finished. (but I will be able to make maps for people projects)

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2019, 07:26:57 PM »
Hello!

Develop of v3.0 is about to finish, this will be last version.
I will show you now some screenshots of the big boss bunker, a reconverted 1910 prison, set now for interrogation, propaganda, experiments, etc...
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2019, 08:01:30 PM »
Have you also planned reskins for the playable characters (or at least those too much modern like the malkette)? Just for curiosity....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2019, 08:09:28 PM »
Have you also planned reskins for the playable characters (or at least those too much modern like the malkette)? Just for curiosity....

No, is not planned... sorry. I hate modelling... but  if some modeller wants to do... I really will be happy...

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2019, 10:45:14 AM »
I am up for having a go at editing the skins to fit the era. I could do with some help for ideas, though I have done a little research on this already.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »
Of course all of you could keep improving it after the v3. I only say I will stop working on it. I will be very happy to see skins or anything else that you can do...

Even if those skins are done before will be nice they will be present in v3.
Actually there're about 50 new skins, some done for me but mostly by community...
All people will be included in the credits...

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2019, 12:50:05 PM »
I am up for having a go at editing the skins to fit the era. I could do with some help for ideas, though I have done a little research on this already.

I really appreciate all the work you have done for this mod, you know Alex...
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2019, 08:54:17 PM »
Of course all of you could keep improving it after the v3. I only say I will stop working on it.

So does this mean this would be the time to have Psycho-A improve and optimize all the maps because you will not change them anymore?

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2019, 09:09:35 PM »
Yes!! In a month the work will be finish and internal test could start. We can include psycho on it... :)

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2019, 05:23:37 PM »
Do you think you'd be interested in Klaus & Otto?

Regards...
Like Like x 3 View List

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2019, 01:17:03 PM »
Yeah! Looks like fantastic!
Sadly all the mod is set in Europe, no asian ppl included.

If I would had this model a moths ago perhaps I would had a use for him...
Can you send me the model? perhaps I have an idea...

Thanks!