collapse

Author Topic: VTMB2010 - UP 7.0 + CQM2.0 + CM1.4 + CE1.3  (Read 34039 times)

Offline xatmos

• Fledgling
VTMB2010 - UP 7.0 + CQM2.0 + CM1.4 + CE1.3
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »
VTMB2010
A complete merge of CompMod 1.4, Clan Quest 2.0, and Camarilla Edition 1.3.

If there is interest, I will release updates as new versions of the above mods or the UP - or even entirely new mods - are released.

All credit belongs to authors of the above mods, see their documentation for details.

[ Download ]-- --------------------------------------------------

UP7.0+: http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php
VTMB2010: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5FN1RP3A
Docs: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JS1YFSK

[ Installation ]------------------------------------------------

- Clean install Bloodlines.
- Download the Unofficial Patch 7.0.
- Install UP7.0 Plus version.
- Download VTMB2010 above.
- Extract the Vampire folder to your Bloodlines install directory (overwrite).

[ Notes ]-------------------------------------------------------
- I'm bad at documentation, the below is not exhaustive..

- The game is very hard.. specifically Hollowbrook and beyond.  Some balance changes might be required, luckily that stuff is easy to patch.
- You will keep the Santa Monica haven after getting your 2nd haven.
- Heather will still give you the body armor even if you tell her to stay inside, she disobeyed you, tsk tsk.
- I added a system to make Humanity more fluid, and very difficult to keep up.  While your blood is low you will gradually lose Humanity.  If it gets very low you will lose Humanity very quickly.  Humanity lossed this way will be restored if you keep your blood high - very high, very quickly.  But it will not restore above 8, i.e. if you are at 10 Humanity and drop to 7 because your blood gets low, it will only go back upto 8, and you will need to do good deeds to raise it again.
- Decreased volume of humanity gain/loss sounds.
- There is an exploit, while possessing, you will not suffer CE bloodloss, nor my humanity loss - cheater!
- I don't know anything about the way multiplayer worked, but I'm positive I ruined it.
- Almost forgot this: Replaced posters with the set made by Slim Laurence.
- I think I replaced Heather's default skin with one of the ones available on the net also.
- My apologies if I forget any credits. I didn't create any skins/models/sounds/ or anything.  Because I totally suck at all of that.

Clan Quest
- I think I left everything intact.
- Only tested Malkavian quest, Brujah quest, Ventrue quest, Prostitute alley quest, and Steve quest - all worked flawlessly.
- Increased health of prostitute-in-danger to something like 200, so saving her is easier.
- None of the extras included in the installer were included (skins, weapon sounds, or music), if I remember correctly.

CompMod
- I removed the pose system entirely. This was not a technical decision, it was working fine, I just felt it was "too much."
- Similarly, I removed the "emotion" options.
- Companions staying at your havens will spawn with Use Interesting Places randomized, meaning some of them will randomly wander around.
- Removed Boo, Phylax spell, etc.  This was also a design choice, not a technical one, though it did allow me to use a couple items elsewhere.
- Possession works as far as I tested it, which was not extensively.
- Fixed humanity glitch that I believe the other merge attempt suffered from.  However, you will always receive extra feedback on unpossession.
- Minor tweaks to companion dialog to attempt to streamline it where possible.
- Added several companion options (Venus, Pisha, Patty, CE dolls, maybe others).
- Removed Vandal as companion option, easiest fix for the locked door behind him ;p
- Doubled companion limit, not to be confused with "henchmen" limit which is still 2.  Up to 7 companions can stay at each haven, so 14 total.
- You can tell a companion to "Go stay at the other haven."

Camarilla Edition
- You will no longer lose blood while in dialog, menu, or otherwise not moving.
- You gain some health when you feed, 40% of vanilla.
- Bloodheal is not upgradeable, but the one rank is very good.
- Bloodbuff is not upgradeable, but the one rank is very good.
- Disabled CE load screen, it was busted in my game...
- I changed the Web College somewhat heavily.
-- Reworded quest text, removed all/most of the technical stuff / math.  Players will just have to observe and figure it out on their own.
-- Simplified the requirements and greatly shrunk the python code.
- Some changes were likely lossed or regressed, specifically to weapons.  This is an area of the game I care very little about, so if someone with greater interest wants to tell me what changes to make, or release their own patch, that would be great.
- Some npc models that CE changes may have been reverted, these types of changes were difficult to keep track of in the merge.
- I altered the Thaumaturgy and Dementation disciplines.
-- For these disciplines, all powers will appear on the mouse wheel.  This means bloodcosts are altered, so balance is likely upset.
-- I think I swapped the order of 2 Thaumaturgy spells.
-- I made somewhat major changes to Dementation. It is probably too strong now.
--- I renamed several powers and rewrote some of their text.
--- Removed Insight, which was a passive stat boost at level 2, dropped the debuff from level 3 to level 2, and readded the old Berserk but renamed it.

VTMBe - A modding tool for Bloodlines I made while working on this project.
https://www.planetvampire.com/modules/files/view.php?id=637

--------------------------------------------------------------
David Arneson (xatmos)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:49:44 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline YamiRaziel

• Neonate
  • Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
Re: [Release] VTMB2010 - CQM2.0 CM1.4 CE1.3
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 01:31:52 PM »
Congratulations! You've done nice job!

"-- For these disciplines, all powers will appear on the mouse wheel"
Wasn't that a major bug since vanilla Bloodlines?

Offline xatmos

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »
The mouse wheel issue was just a problem with Camarilla edition as far as I know.  It has to do with bloodcosts, but its really really illogical.  I only messed with Thaumaturgy and Dementation (just because Tremere and Malkavian are the clans I typically play), and I basicly just kept changing the blood costs randomly until all of the powers showed up.

I didn't fix Dominate which still suffers from the mouse wheel bug.

Originally I was just going to revert all powers back to vanilla.  But I figured the CE guys put in a lot of thought and effort, so I tried to include most of their changes.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »
Hello xatmos!

I don't know what changes you have made, yet. But I would have preferred it, if you had asked for permission of the authors before publishing a changed mod.
Even if there are some requests for something like this, personally I don't like the idea of combining CE with the comp mod.

On another matter, there is one thing, I would  certainly not have allowed, if you had asked me: Using the college while at the same time making Blood Buff and Blood Heal not upgradable. The main reason for introducing the college in CE 1.3 was to compensate for the experience needed to upgrade these two disciplines. I hope that at the very least you have kept the books unsellable to avoid the sell/double re-buy exploit.

As you have done and released these changes, I expect you to allow me using the changed python code for further versions of Camarilla Edition. I will certainly include your name in the credits.

Now as it's out, I'll look into it and hopefully have fun with it. But if you plan on a next version, please either remove the college or restore the Blood Buff und Blood Heal Disciplines the way they were set in Camarilla Edition.

Congrats on your work anyway. I hope it will really work as well as you say.

Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline xatmos

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 03:39:27 PM »
My bad, I was under the impression that given the limited size of the Bloodlines community, work was basicly open for reuse.  I also thought that, aside from Dheu who I think has moved on, the creators of the major mods I used were already aware of the project, and no objections had been raised.  If you like I can remove the Camarilla Edition content.  In fact, if there are changes you are expressly not going to allow, I probably will have to, as technical necessity makes many changes required.  In any event, you are certainly free to reuse any of my python code, or what have you.

Edit:  As for selling books, I must have unintentionally broke (reverted to either UP7 or CQM2) that change.  And the blood heal/buff matter, when I reduced them to 1 rank, I did so because I thought they were part of the mouse wheel problem.  If they are not, I will restore them to 5 ranks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 04:00:31 PM by xatmos »

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »
The mouse wheel problem occurs only when you change the blood cost of active disciplines. Bloodbuff and Bloodheal are both passive discipline so they don't effect
anything. I read the changes you made to CE for this project and yes, you greatly upset the balance and destroyed the entire essence of the mod. Fortunately CE is
no longer MY project, as I've handed it over to Childe of Malkav so he has final word on what goes. But I do know that I've decided that I don't want TFN mixed, changed,
or used in any other project after it's release. With all of the hard work we're putting into TFN I'm not willingly going to whore it out.

Of course TFN will be freeware so there isn't much I can do if someone decides to, other than bitch, but fortunately I know most of the site administrators that would host
it and I know they'd work with me on taking down a bastardized version of TFN.

I'm not trying to come off sounding harsh, and you aren't using a mod that I claim rights too so really non of this is my business, but obviously I still feel strongly about the
changes being that CE was my first born. Either way, I respect the hard work you're putting into getting this whole thing setup and I hope it all plays well together.

-Z

Offline xatmos

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »
Hmm, I think its unfortunate that you consider reuse to be "whoring out," I wonder if the original game developers feel this way.  At any rate, it is not my intent to go against author's wishes.  I did not realize that attitudes were such.

To be frank though, the changes that are being discussed, balance, stats, discipline changes, were the least of my concern.  I really didn't put much thought into that part of this merge.  I can very easily put up a patch to revert disciplines and such to their vanilla values, if it would make people happier - I'm looking for feedback here.  The bulk of my work was in getting companion mod to work alongside CQM, merging the dialogs and maps.  Anything in vdata or python is easily changed.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 05:15:54 PM »
Well, I was not aware of it, and I'm not generally opposed to using the CE stuff in other mods.
The thing I do have problems with though, is the heavy changes you made, especially to CE features. I have downloaded it, and I'm going to test it tonight.
Judging by the python script for the college, you have taken out quite a lot of the things I had in mind when I created that stuff:
-I wanted to compensate for the additional xp need for the 5 level Blood Buff and Blood Heal. Without that, it will probably lead to heavily overpowered player characters, especially if they can drag a companion along to help them.
- and I wanted to have something that does not require a high scholarship ability to improve the other stats. So players who prefer the combat heavy clans are not forced to spend training there. Especially as scholarship also affects persuasion and could make seduction, intimidation, and the dialog-use of Dominate/Dementation obsolete. That's why I used the additional bloodloss as a measure of the time needed for learning. I know, the formula was not really the best idea as it was set up. It's going to be changed in the next version.

Please excuse me if the tone of my first message was a bit rude. But it caught me unawares and I was a bit vexed by the lot of changes you mentioned in the description.

On the other hand, the way you handle the actual learning function is exactly what i tried to do, but couldn't figure out due to my general lack of programming skill and  especially python syntax. So thanks for that.

- Malkav

Offline xatmos

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »
I really hate python, never used it for anything besides VTMB. I'm a programmer primarily though, so picking it up was pretty easy for me, but man do I hate the white-space sensitivity.

I've already noticed a couple flat out errors, so I'll probably be putting up a patch of some kind soonish.  I was getting pretty burnt out on this project though, so I should really take a day or three and do something else..

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »
It's now on the front page. :rock:

Offline Acleacius

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »
GRATZ, damn impressive xatmos, thanks for all your hard work!   :vampsmile:

Sent it to Blue for posting.
Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 12:00:02 AM »
xatmos,

I have looked into it now. And I don't think, this still is CE 1.3. I won't ask you to change the content or remove the CE features. But I would prefer it, if you called it something on the lines of "a compilation of clan quest and comp mod, including rules changes inspired by camarilla edition."

@ Don Strudel: being able to sell the books and re-buy them twice may or may not be intended in vanilla. But it certainly is not intended in CE, especially not when the cost for the college has been reduced so much, and the need for it (Blood Buff and Blood Heal levelled disciplines) removed.

-Malkav

Offline Zer0Morph

• Methuselah
    • Team Camarilla International
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 02:51:52 AM »
Xatmos,

I apologize if I came off harshly, I wasn't in the least bit upset at you. On the contrary you seem very talented with python and I think that's fantastic! But what I'm saying
for TFN only, I'm going to try my best not to let it get re-used or re-packaged with other mods. I don't really mind if people take a few pieces for their own personal pleasure,
or even use some of the TFN features, as long as they give us proper credit.

My biggest beef about "merging mods", is that the merging developers change things on a whim but still call it the original work. Well it can't be the original work because
things have been changed but not by the ORIGINAL DEVELOPER. It's like drawing a goatee on a painting and still calling it the mona lisa.... NO?!?! Now it's the mona lisa
with a goatee, call it what it is.

To avoid this, I'm just going to say "NO, you can't use TFN in your package and no you can't make changes to it and still call it TFN". CQM did this with CE and now so are
you, which again is fine with me because I gave CE away, but the heavens forbid my precious TFN get bastardized the same way.

So anyways, like many others have said, congrats on the merger because I know the time and dedication it takes to do such things. I'm sure alot of folks are super
thrilled about Comd Mod, CQM, and (a heavily modified) CE all in one game.  :rock:

Offline mdqp

• Ancillus
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »
Thank you for your hard work! I think I will try it soon, and I will let you know if there are any bugs or if it needs some tweaking to increase or reduce difficulty... I have a question: would you be interested in doing a merger between CQM and Compmod only? Those two are my favourite mods and I would be very interested in that kind of mod! Also I would like if you could add some new companions (you already add some, right?)... anyway, good job!

Offline SoniMax

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »
That's ultra cool, there are some unbalasing changes but i can live with that :D

Damn, hell of a emoticons they are like an episode of happy tree friends