collapse

Author Topic: VTMB Companion Mod Version 1x  (Read 81933 times)

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
Re: VTMB Companion Mod
« on: February 25, 2009, 03:34:00 AM »
       Edit:  Archive is messed up a little, Dheu released this mod, not Skyra.

Mod went live on FileFront today. Still waiting on Fileplanet, but I thought I should make a new thread for Companion Mod 1.x comments, questions, bugs and discussion.

Videos:
Embrace, Outfits and Pose System: VTMB Companion Mod : Embrace, OutFits and Poses
Controls and Combat: VTMB Companion Mod : Controls and Combat
Gaining Companions: VTMB Companion Mod : Gaining Companions

Links:
FileFront : http://files.filefront.com/VTMB+Companion+Mod/;13350196;/fileinfo.html
FilePlanet : http://www.fileplanet.com/196860/190000/fileinfo/VTMB-Companion-Mod

HomePage: (Spoilers, Outfit packs)
http://sites.google.com/site/vtmbcompmodhome/

WARNING: Bug found in Official release 1.0 involving use of Histories. If you choose a history, all your keys will be lost when you possess/unpossess. Recommendation is to avoid using histories until version 1.1 patch is released.

You can disable history support in your current game by issuing the following command in console:

G._pcinfo["vhistory"]=-1

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:14:52 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline [archive] XaItar

• Neonate
Re: VTMB Companion Mod Version 1x
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »
                Great stuff. The wife and I are down with flu atm so we have put our efforts on hold regarding audio work, stuffy noses and all. I am doing a fresh install now, I'll let you know if I come across any errors.                        

-----signature-----

Offline [archive] Lenusk@mad

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
                great mod, i always dream to play with comrade's, and you make dream real. All works fine without bugs and departures. I express my deep gratitude on behalf of all fans.
 you rock!!!
 http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090225/gy7mSfP1HB.jpg                        

-----signature-----
           "Drop the bomb. Exterminate them All!"

Offline [archive] Obi911

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
                this mod looks awesome. Ok i don't know much about mods and patches, but can i install the companion mod while i have the unofficial patch 6.0 installed?                        

Offline [archive] Not_Beckett

• Ancillus
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
                Patch works great, Dheu--I did NOT do a fresh install.  I installed over the beta stuff to see if it would work smoothly and it seems to.

Obi911--no.  =P  It should be a fresh install if you have an unofficial patch on there already.  I own the Steam version, so I'm downloading a non-steam version so I can play with Wesp's unofficial patch.                        

Offline [archive] Wesp5

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
                This mod would probably work when installed over the unofficial patch 6.0 but all newer fixes and changes would be gone.                        

Offline [archive] Obi911

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
                ok thx for the reply Not_Beckett happy

Btw i own the cd version, and just to get things clear, i CANNOT use the mod on top of an unofficial patch (?), but what about all the bugs the patch 6.0 has fixed? will they occur in the companion mod? or will the mod have fixed the bugs also? because i really love the patch 6.0 :P

sry for the inconvenience im new to the whole VTMB thing                        

Offline [archive] Obi911

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »
                ... yep you just answered all my questions wesp... ty ^^                        

• Ancillus
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
                Waitaminute--Wesp, what are you saying?  (That sounded snarky, didn't mean to, I'm just trying to understand this, lol)

If I downloaded 6.0, then put the compmod over it--what would happen?  I'd get the changes and not the fixes?                        

Marked as best answer by on October 18, 2019, 06:46:01 PM

Offline [archive] ZylonBane

• Methuselah
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  •                 There might also be the dreaded "unforseen interactions". Bwahahahaha...                        

-----signature-----
               ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

• Ancillus
    « Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
                    Would it be safe to use the Plus patch as well, Wesp?                        

Offline [archive] Wesp5

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »

Not_Beckett posted:

If I downloaded 6.0, then put the compmod over it--what would happen?  I'd get the changes and not the fixes?

You would get the 6.0 fixes for everything the mod doesn't touch and the 5.6 fixes only for everything else, because Dheu used that as a base for his mod.                        

Offline [archive] Dheu

• Methuselah
    « Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
                    There is a good chance it will work fine on top of other mods. The reason is because CompMod clobbers 95% of the game files including every map, dialog, python script, pc usable item, and game system file. In fact I am pretty certain you would be hard pressed to find a file that any other mod installs/touches that my mod doesn't clobber. About the only thing I dont touch (mostly for legal reasons) are the binary files and even in that case, I already include Wesp's 6.0 binary updates.

So what I am saying is, you could probably install on top of 6.0 Plus Patch and it would likely work... but you probably also wouldn't see any of the Plus content. If you want to install without following the directions, be my guest. But if you dont follow directions, then please dont bother me with bugs or ask me for support if things break.

Not_Becket : Yes, The official 1.0 is backwards compatible with The 4.x Beta versions of the mod. So if you were a Beta Tester, you can upgrade without losing your save games (though the name fix will not work unless you start a new game).

• Ancillus
    « Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »
                    Thanks for the clarification, Dheu.  All the mod talk was getting a little convoluted there. happy                        

Offline [archive] QSj2p

• Fledgling
    « Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
                    So I have a game started with unofficial patch 6.0. If I install the compmod, will I have to start a new game or can I just continue along with my game? (I just finished the Haunted Hotel portion)