collapse

Author Topic: VTMB Companion Mod Version 1x  (Read 80059 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: VTMB Companion Mod Version 1x
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Looks good. And since you have installed the latest up later, you should have the newer exe and dll files you need for running on a new computer and OS.
    Just remember that you might get problems playing the UP or another mod with your current installation because compmod is installed in /vampire, not its own directory. But since most mods make changes to the same files, it probably won't cause trouble.
    Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #301 on: April 29, 2019, 06:32:13 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • (except obviously if you have vista or newer and the 5.6 didn't still have the compability fixes for the newer windows os....).

Which is why I installed the latest basic version of the UP, I knew it was necessary to get the game to work on my Windows 10 machine as Wesp makes this clear both here and at the GOG forums.  I figured that it wouldn't interfere with the CompMod since it installs to its own folder and therefore wouldn't overwrite anything important and from what I have seen Wesp say in the past, I knew there was a special shortcut designed for legacy play-throughs.  I don't know if that's the shortcut I selected to use but it seems to be working! 

Looks good. And since you have installed the latest up later, you should have the newer exe and dll files you need for running on a new computer and OS.
    Just remember that you might get problems playing the UP or another mod with your current installation because compmod is installed in /vampire, not its own directory. But since most mods make changes to the same files, it probably won't cause trouble.

I made sure to set aside a clean version of the entire VtmB folder to help with uninstalling the CompMod when I'm done with it and want to play other mods.  I think CompMod does add a handful of files to the bin folder and not just the Vampire folder. I don't know if UP overwrites these or not, but so far it doesn't seem to be breaking the mod if it does.

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #302 on: April 30, 2019, 07:03:11 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Well, I have certainly run into a snag.  The taxi cab to get to Hollywood after blowing up the Sabbat warehouse is not showing up.  Strange.  I don't recall that happening before with CompMod.  I am not playing as a Nosferatu.  I did try to see if the sewer map worked anyway but clicking on it did nothing, unfortunately. 
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 07:05:34 AM by DarkZephyr »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #303 on: April 30, 2019, 07:09:22 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Have you talked to Bertram after blowing up the warehouse?
    In any case, use the console to check G.Story_State (should be 5).
    Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #304 on: April 30, 2019, 07:37:01 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Have you talked to Bertram after blowing up the warehouse?
    In any case, use the console to check G.Story_State (should be 5).

I did talk to him.  OK I will check that. 

Edit:  Yep, the story state is 5.
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 07:50:29 AM by DarkZephyr »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #305 on: April 30, 2019, 08:40:27 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Try to use the city map in the sewers (not the hub one)
    If it works you can go to downtown
    "Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
    ― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
    "fuck the hole in the face"
    ― me

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #306 on: April 30, 2019, 02:46:15 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Try to use the city map in the sewers (not the hub one)
    If it works you can go to downtown

I did try it, and unfortunately "clicking" on it did nothing.  Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this later tonight.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #307 on: April 30, 2019, 04:50:35 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Clicking? You mean using the interact key (the one to talk or open doors)?
    ― me

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #308 on: April 30, 2019, 06:21:16 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • Clicking? You mean using the interact key (the one to talk or open doors)?

Yes.  lol

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #309 on: May 18, 2019, 03:18:13 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Can anyone teach me how to install this mod please ? I tried and it did not work

1. What version of Windows do you use?  2. Where did you buy your copy of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines?

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #310 on: May 19, 2019, 04:21:17 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Windows 7 and steam version

Then you *should* be able to play it. 

Did you make sure *not to patch*  the game after you installed it?  If you applied any patches such as the Unofficial Patch or the so called "True Patch" then you need to uninstall the game and reinstall a fresh copy.  The Companion Mod is already pre-bundled with an earlier version of the Unofficial Patch that works with it.  So uninstall the game and make sure there are no leftover files by going to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\  If there is a Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines folder, delete it completely.

After you have uninstalled the game and then reinstalled a *fresh* copy of the game, do not apply any patches and do not add any mods.  Start the game, then once you get to the main menu, exit the game again.  This makes sure that Steam finishes extracting all of the game files as sometimes it doesn't do that til you start a game for the first time (as pointed out in the official installation instructions for this mod). 

Once you have started and then exited the game, unzip both Companion Mod version 1.0 archive and Companion Mod 1.4 Patcher archive some place on your PC.   You will have to unzip them twice actually, as they are each a compression archive within a compression archive. 

Once you have unzipped the archives, take all three folders from Companion Mod Version 1.0: "Bin", "Tools" and "Vampire" and move them directly into the Steam installation folder of this game which should be: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines unless you have a 64 bit version of windows, in which case it would likely be  C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Once you have moved those 3 folders directly into the installation folder of the game, take the "Vampire" folder from Companion Mod 1.4 and move it directly into the installation folder.  Overwrite everything if it asks.  Once that its done, the mod should be successfully installed and you should be able to play it. 

To know if it has been installed, at character creation it should look something like this:

If you have "VTMB UP 5.6" in the upper left corner and "CompMod 1.4" in the upper right corner as shown in the above screen shot, you should be good to go.  Enjoy! 

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #311 on: May 20, 2019, 01:12:52 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Thanks ! where do i get patcher 1.4 ? i only have comp mod 1.0

You get it here:  https://sites.google.com/site/vtmbcompmodhome/files

Choose the second link and not the first as the first link is broken. 

I hope it works for you!  Its a great mod. 

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #312 on: May 20, 2019, 03:52:39 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • I did all that on freshly installed game and it gives me "Avaible memory less than 15mb!!! -1" bug

This is probably because you have a PC with more than 3.5 gb of ram.  The best fix for that is the latest version of the Unofficial Patch, which unfortunately would break the Companion Mod. 

Instead, you can try running the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.  I would also select "run as administrator" as well.  Give that a try.

Online DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #313 on: June 06, 2019, 11:57:06 PM »
  • Best Answer
  • I just noticed that the dude I was trying to help with installing this mod deleted all of his posts that I was responding to.  Wow, thanks for making me look like a FishMalk blowing up this thread talking to myself, Zeppeli.  So glad I made the effort to try to help you.

At any rate, I will leave my posts up in case they might help anybody else that comes along with the same questions. 

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
    • Antediluvian
    « Reply #314 on: June 07, 2019, 05:02:25 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • GWAR - Fishfuck (official bandcamp page)

What can I say, I really love these guys....

― me
    Funny Funny x 1 View List